Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake Military Claims Among Us

Default Fake Military Claims Among Us

I have wondered about one of our members for some time and after receiving some anonymous information I've done a little digging. It seems that Skip Hall's claims of being former Special Forces and having served in Viet Nam are not true. He served as a clerk/typist in Korea. If this is in error Skip you have my apologies but the evidence is sure stacked against you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Hall_%28MMA%29

http://www.military.com/news/article...uestioned.html

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...t=33162&page=1

Here is Skip's Profile Page on this site:

Ex-5th SF SOG A Team Ldr; Vietnam
    Korea 2nd Infantry QRF Team Leader
    DoD Contractor SF Unit in Middle East
    Commercial Rated Instr Pilot
    FBI & NRA Firearms Instructor
    Red Cross Instructor/Combat Medic
    Law Enforcement Officer
    Ex-IBM Nat'l Sales/Marketing Mgr
    Electrical Engineer
    Ex-Oldest Active MMA Fighter in the World (Now Retired)
    Etc.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...6312-skip-hall
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well...I'll be........Look at this! I just claimed to be a bad sss Cowboy...Boy you sure got some "splainin' to do!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Just ran an IP check, he's supposed to be in Alabama, but his IP is out of New York!
    Last edited by Sarge47; 05-30-2011 at 10:58 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Before he receives a forum crucifixion - let's let him explain things.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I doubt that'll happen.

Time will tell.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have to wonder how many people on the internet are who they say they are. But, honestly, I could care less one way or the other.

Could be like my neighbor. He was an X-Ray tech in the A.F and deployed with my wife's friend. He tried to tell me he deployed with Army SF doing convoys. He then changed his story and said he deployed with A.F EOD. However, the truth came out when I told him my wife's friend deployed with him and worked along side of him. Before all that he claimed he was in the Army before he joined the A.F, he's 25 and did 6 years in the A.F, where he was SF and was awarded the Bronze Star. I asked to see the Bronze Star and he gave me the excuse of it being folded in an American Flag. It's sad really, that some people feel the need to portray themselves as some bad a$$. Everyone I know that was a true bad a$$ never bragged about, why, because those that are capable of such actions have a different moral fiber than those that aren't capable.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Doug, that would mean everybody here that brags about thier service is lieing about it? That can't be right. It does cast a shadow of doubt on people making such claims and that is a pity.

Don't be so naive. Liars are everywhere.

This profile looks like the resume for "The most interesting man in the world".....Stay thirsty my friends. hahahahaha!
    9mm: Because I've seen a .45 bounce off of a windshield MORE THAN ONCE.

9mm: Because even 1911 guys don't want to get shot with one of my "little" bullets.

9mm: Because low round count single stack pistols suck in a gun fight!

Hell I Got As Far a The Pre Physical.The Recruiter Set me to Do to the Way I Walk. Not Telling them Anything They told Me Everything I Broke .Broken Back /To Fake Knees /2 Head Inguries and Pins In My Left Wrist and a 1 in. Bracket In My Right Cheek Bone and Broken Jaw . Man that Doc Was Good . And I Had My Life Planned All for Military. Got the Big Denied .

Thanks Rick, it is good to see he will not receive undue credit for his lack of intestinal fortitude and moral compass. People of this caliber do not understand what it means to be a War Veteran and the sacrifices made to earn such a title. There are a lot of vets on this site and very few who post their entire "extensive" resume, that should be a good indicator. Be proud of what you did and not what you wish you did, there is no shame in honorable service.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Claiming unearned rank is illegal.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Claiming unearned rank is illegal.

Yup, over here too. A guy went to prison last year for claiming Army service he never carried out. Wore the medals, marched in Veterans Parades and Remembrance Honour Guard the whole shebang. Got what he deserved.

However, this member should be given the chance to explain himself.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

It is such a shame when folks think they have to do tis kind of thing
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

This case has been reported to http://www.stolenvalor.com/ for investigation.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I don't know who this man is, and have yet to talk to him...BUT I know that in my husbands situation most of what he did has yet to be declassified and isn't even listed on the DD214 that we get for benefits. He's not gotten many of his metals because of this also. I know for a fact that he's not lying about what he did in the military, as I was with him when picking up a copy of his DD214 years ago, and we were shown the screen shot of the gentleman helping us. The employee was confused to see the print out come out very basic with no mention of what he REALLY did, listing him only as a cop...while he saw it all on the computer.

Just sayin'...in many cases you CAN'T look up what people actually did because it's not released and may never BE released...
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trabitha View Post
    I don't know who this man is, and have yet to talk to him...BUT I know that in my husbands situation most of what he did has yet to be declassified and isn't even listed on the DD214 that we get for benefits. He's not gotten many of his metals because of this also. I know for a fact that he's not lying about what he did in the military, as I was with him when picking up a copy of his DD214 years ago, and we were shown the screen shot of the gentleman helping us. The employee was confused to see the print out come out very basic with no mention of what he REALLY did, listing him only as a cop...while he saw it all on the computer.

Just sayin'...in many cases you CAN'T look up what people actually did because it's not released and may never BE released...
    This is true. Not all things show on your DD214. Even though I know I did training with and received Both British and Honduran Jump wings( Appear the same as our Marine Jump wings, and the soldiers had to pay for the wings they presented us on the DZ in the exchange ceremony), No where does it say in my military record that this is true. I know this happened, can tell you things about both places that I would otherwise have no knowledge of, but can't prove in any shape, manner or fashion. I have more jumps than they recorded, but I never kept a jump log so can't refute that either. A school I attended and received the recognition of "Distinguished Honor Grad" also does not appear on my records, I even received a plaque from the NCO Assn. for that. However no proof (That I'm aware of) exists.
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

Regardless, let's not forget that, according to the OP, he indeed did serve our country.