Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best paracord survival bracelet? -firesteel, tinder, scraper and sling

Fantastic bracelet, Was looking for ideas for one as well. I came across a link for this one as well.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/92426546...w-fire-starter

Thought of you Paracordist - There's survival and then there's survival - Daughter's dog got loose a few days ago and I was at her house home alone. Dog is elderly and beloved and I think has alzheimers, deaf and partly blind. Downhill several houses into a yard with a known very large German Shepherd. He was not out thank God. But I tried to carry this dog back uphill and out of there as fast as I could, and she bit me and bit me and I did not even have a belt. Hollared for a neighbor and a 4 year old boy got his mother who lent me a man's belt. Since then I think I should have a paracord bracelet but do they come undone with one hand and maybe could cut it off with a knife and still have enough for a leash?? Need the other hand to balance on top the dog.

Dracken - Are you serious? $65 for a paracord bracelet is simply ludicrous. I guess ole P.T. was right. There's one born every second.

Gitaway - Why not just get a leash for the dog? Wouldn't that be easier all around?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The word survival is worth $50 bucks all by it self?

I guess I really don't get the logic of unraveling a survival a bracelet, or leash, or what eve,r to just tie up a dog or any general purpose?

I just picked up a 100 ft of camo paracord for $7 bucks, maybe kinda expensive, but I wanted to spend some money in this guys store as he gave me a heck of a deal on some other stuff.

I just tuck it in the pack.....I am not gonna sit there and unravel a bracelet unless I have too, and don't believe it can be done one handed.
    So anything you need something you have to stop, retrieve what ever you want to use, then what, re-do it to put it away?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

hunter there are weaves or wraps that can be done so that a single cut or pull will unravel their bracelet with one hand. Ill be glad to show you a couple when I get back if you are interested. As to the goin' price for items made and sold...well you buy what you want at a price that don't hurt ya if you are smart....otherwise you deserve what ya get for bein' to lazy to look about, ya may not always get what ya pay for buy ya always pay for what ya git.
    D.O.M.

I hear ya man, ordered up one of paracordest's bracelets, as it was a super cool idea.....and have fooled with cut down ferro rods, ..a real short rod does pose some problems as far as scraping up a spark....I tried it with a couple of left over pieces.

Caution cutting ferro rod with hacksaw will throw sparks all over the place.

I have made a couple of rifle slings,... took me awhile as I'm not real good at it, but came out fine.
    If you have some easily unraveled weaves, I would enjoy a tutorial....
    Thanks

A chain sinnet stitch will come apart with a single pull (after you cut or untie the knot). The bracelet on the left is done with a chain sinnet stitch/knot.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Here's a pretty good tutorial on how to do it.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hunter - Here's a tutorial on the Slatt's Rescue Belt. A single pull will unravel it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDIm5bcQRM

Yet another

http://web.archive.org/web/200802141...latts-knot.htm

Here's the same braid in a bracelet

http://stormdrane.blogspot.com/2010/...-bracelet.html
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks guys, guess I'm gonna have to break into the fresh 100 ft roll I just picked up....It s digital camo....Hope I came find the finished product after it gets done.

Just don't work on it outside or in a digital environment.

Spray paint it orange.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You can also use digital camo to hide from the honeydews...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

That thing is awesome. It makes the survival bracelets I made for me and my friends look stupid. Good Work and looks pretty cutting edge.

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    That thing is awesome. It makes the survival bracelets I made for me and my friends look stupid. Good Work and looks pretty cutting edge.
    Hey, it's called "learning"......Keep at it.
    I suck at making paracord stuff, ...I like making rifle slings, and it takes me for ever.....and I would have to be hanging off a cliff before I would ever take them back apart again....The important thing is just to give it a try...you never know.

I just bought one from the Paracordist guy....he's trying to make a couple of bucks, and it was a super idea.......
    Gotta say that the little ferro rod piece is pretty small hard to hang on to, though it does work.

Banned

ID bracelet with built in fire starting materials. Brilliant.