Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bubba Gump Cookbook

Blog Entries

Default The Bubba Gump Cookbook

The Bubba Gump Cookbook.
    Here it is people I want all the wacky but great tasting recipes you got, nothing to gross real ones. Then I'm gonna cook'em up and try'um and let you know how they taste. I can get just about any meat so don't worry.
    Let'er rip.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Tony - Haggis recipe here please.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

From a BBC Site:

This is an authentic recipe from Scotland and the ingredients and methods of cooking may be unfamiliar but we hope you enjoy the results.
    Ingredients
    1 sheep's stomach or ox secum, cleaned and thoroughly, scalded, turned inside out and soaked overnight in cold salted water
    heart and lungs of one lamb
    450g/1lb beef or lamb trimmings, fat and lean
    2 onions, finely chopped
    225g/8oz oatmeal
    1 tbsp salt
    1 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp ground dried coriander
    1 tsp mace
    1 tsp nutmeg
    water, enough to cook the haggis
    stock from lungs and trimmings

Method
    1. Wash the lungs, heart and liver (if using). Place in large pan of cold water with the meat trimmings and bring to the boil. Cook for about 2 hours.
    2. When cooked, strain off the stock and set the stock aside.
    3. Mince the lungs, heart and trimmings.
    4. Put the minced mixture in a bowl and add the finely chopped onions, oatmeal and seasoning. Mix well and add enough stock to moisten the mixture. It should have a soft crumbly consistency.
    5. Spoon the mixture into the sheep's stomach, so it's just over half full. Sew up the stomach with strong thread and prick a couple of times so it doesn't explode while cooking.
    6. Put the haggis in a pan of boiling water (enough to cover it) and cook for 3 hours without a lid. Keep adding more water to keep it covered.
    7. To serve, cut open the haggis and spoon out the filling. Serve with neeps (mashed swede or turnip) and tatties (mashed potatoes).
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Challenge down, Beo........
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Come on, I play the bagpipes, you really think I haven't tried Haggis? I go treking in a frig'n kilt for God's sake.
    It is very good but one of those patta type dishes you either like or hate, I think it is actually good but the wife hates
    the smell.
    Last edited by Beo; 01-28-2008 at 08:41 PM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    Come on, I play the bagpipes, you really think I haven't tried Haggis?
    Haggis, neeps and taties, Accept No Substitutes
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Blog Entries

Served properly it should be piped in and carried by a formal waiter.

No. no. Piped out... as in toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    No. no. Piped out... as in toilet.
    Along with you and that propaganda

Blog Entries

WHAT? Dude you know nothing of tradition, and Haggis is some good stuff, have you had it?

Please refer back to instruction number 5. I think the da** thing exploding is the best thing that could happen to it!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

I explained all that in another thread. No. I haven't had it. Won't eat an animals stomach. And I sure won't eat it's organs cooked in its stomach. That's just nasty. Lay down and die of starvation nasty. Poke my own eyes out it's such an awful thought nasty. Rubber loin cloth nasty.

Eyes are tastey boiled

It's just GROSSSSS!!!!!! BLEH!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

And your a survivalist? Ahhh yes but a clean and nicely PC one, why thank you Jeevs thank you, yes me and Bif shall partake in another calamari dish.

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    It's just GROSSSSS!!!!!! BLEH!!!!!!!
    Have you tryed it nell, Its interesting seeing people not from scotland view on Haggis

I guess tho that ive you havent been brught up with something that it may sound bad, I reccomend that you try it rick i promise you that you'll like it

Remember to have fryed mars bar afterwords

Boiled eyes! Oh, my God. You sadist!!!

Beo - Am I a survivalist? Is there a Starbucks on every corner? Phfft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony uk View Post
    Have you tryed it nell, Its interesting seeing people not from scotland view on Haggis

I guess tho that ive you havent been brught up with something that it may sound bad, I reccomend that you try it rick i promise you that you'll like it

Remember to have fryed mars bar afterwords
    Umm no,I havent tried it,and I rate it right up there with blood pudding and mountain oysters!!!!!! BLEH!BLEH!BLEH!excuse me whilst I be sick cough cough BLEH!!

The fried Mars bars is to get the taste out of your mouth I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The fried Mars bars is to get the taste out of your mouth I'm sure.
    The haggis taste mixes with melted caramel and tastes like heaven Mmmmmmmmmm