Thread: Useing Shell Casings In Knives

Default Useing Shell Casings In Knives

I Had a Friend At Work Ask me if there Would Be a Way to Incorporate His Spent Shells Into a Knife.
    My Only thought Would Be to Use them In the Handle
    Ex: Useing the Caseing has a Sub-Ring Around the Pins
    Anyone Have Any other Ideas
    And Would there Be a Way to Somehow Put them Into the Blade and Not Weaken the Blade It's Self

Grind off the end and use them as a thong (not hong) tube. After your handle material is shaped and pinned they can be used to cover the pins, giving the illusion of being used as pins - or if you like, use them as pins. I'm getting ready to attach a handle - I'll show you what I mean....easier to show than to explain. As far as on the blade? Maybe silver soldered on, or through a drilled hole as an adornment.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I was gonna say use the back end of the casing (not sure what it is called where the pin hits the shell). Match them on either side of the blade and put em in through a hole. If the blade has substantial width, it shouldn't weaken it too much, but it would also be more of a show blade. You can put them in the handle the same way. That or taper the back end of the handle and finish it with a casing or just the end of the casing on the butt of the handle.