Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5-21-11

Default 5-21-11

Without delving into the religion, is anyone stocking up on TP and other necessaries for the coming of the Apocolypse on Saturday night?
    Whether it comes or not, either way, I'm sure I'll be staying right here.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. The Radio Stations here have been having fun with it, saying "At least this rain will end."

I haven't looked into it, but I am curious as to what their reasoning is for this particular date. I find this stuff funny.

Blog Entries

Well, Looks like I might have just about enough rations to last 'til the 21 October 'cause I'm definitely not one of the chosen few!. Winnie jnr will be pizzed. the world ends the day before his birthday! Oh must go buy more soft TP.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I'm teaching a 10 hour class on Saturday - they could have at least made it 5/20/11.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Why pick the week-end? After everyone has worked hard all week then they have to get hit with the end of the world? That's just not right. Any good prognosticator worth his beans would predict the end of the world on a Monday.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Never enough TP . Has the potential to ruin a perfectly good weekend
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Ha ha, the CDC is getting into it in a different way. LOL.
    This appeared this week.
    What a way to get the kids to badger their parents about preparedness!
    http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

I notice the CDC preparedness instructions don't include firearms.......

JIC, don't you get my thread closed.
    Last edited by LowKey; 05-19-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Ha ha, the CDC is getting into it in a different way. LOL.
    This appeared this week.
    What a way to get the kids to badger their parents about preparedness!
    http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

I notice the CDC preparedness instructions don't include firearms.......

JIC, don't you get my thread closed.
    Home depot is having an "end of the world sale" NOT joking ,, hahahah

I've maxed out my credit cards, took a home mortgage on the house. borrowed everything I could on my wife's pace maker. I'm rich! Rich I tell ya. Let the world end. Muhahahahahahahaha!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

i'm stocking up on TP too, but that's my usual weekend proceedure.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Cool Well now...

Is that the 21st here in America? In some places in the world that's the 20th. In other places that's the 22nd, which would make Friday the end of the world. I heard that they're seeking donations...for what?! why would they need money if the world ends? Hey, I thought the world went South on Y2k! Just imagine how stupid these idiots are going to look on Sunday morning if everything's the same! Dude wakes up, goes over to the window, opens the shade, and says: "Oh crap!"
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

why would they need money if the world ends?
    i think for one really big fireworks display.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute! Sarge has a valid point! The end of my world happens 5 hours before your East coast! AND I've just spent an arm and a leg on a posh outfit for my nephew's wedding on saturday and now I'm going to be dead having not worn the darn thing! Oh hang on, It's only the chosen who will die tomorrow the rest of us have until the 21st October. I knew there would be a plus to being bad
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Isn't this the prediction of the Rapture? From what little I understand.. the tp will only serve to fuel the fire that burns our @$$es to a crisp. If it is the rapture, there is no amount of "preparedness" that will possibly help you survive. So don't worry about it. Where could you possibly "bug out" to that would escape the total and complete end of the world?

More doomsayers trying to cause a stir. I'm positive that come Sunday, I'll be weeding the garden, watering the blueberries, and inspecting beehives.

I haven't seen anything on the weather forecast that calls for "Partly cloudy with a chance of brimstone"...

I know a whole bunch of "righteous do-gooders" that I'm sure will get sucked right up to Raptureville so I'm plannin' on goin' to their houses and gittin' all their TP.
    "I'd rather be rich than stupid. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick first." - hossthehermit

Am I the only one that is sick to death about all this doom and gloom BS that keeps popping up? I can't believe there are people who actually believe they know the future. We will never see the end coming and I'm thankful for that, because who really wants to know that kind of info.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

I consider it the weekly diversion. the stuff growing in my nalgene mixes well with the fluoride in my toothpaste to form a nice anti-anxiety drug to help me deal with the pending apocalypse, donald trump and the aberrant weather

if you're paranoid about everything there are no black swans.

Doom and gloom? This is fun stuff. Doom and gloom would be looking at my retirement account statement.

Default Now I have to ask

What's the significance of this date? I never heard of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    What's the significance of this date? I never heard of it before.
    Some guy that predicted the world would end in 1994 is now predicting that the world will end starting tomorrow. Supposed to hit at 6 pm EST. Dagnabit - I'm teaching until 5.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel