Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Still an Incredible DEAL on an AR-15

Rick ordered one. I'll see if he posted where he got it. Be right back.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Batch;298052]Anyone else tried to order this gun? I have tried at two different places and one never got back to me and the other says it takes to long for RRA to get them the rifle. 60 days is what he said it takes to get anything from them.

In case anyone has any other good AR platform offers. I would actually pay slightly more for a weapon that didn't say tactical, elite or operator on it.

Yes, 60 days is doing good, I have had them build me several, and some took over a year. I don't know why any FFL dealer would not be willing to order the rifle.

Sorry Batch - couldn't find where Rick got his. I'm sure he'll let you know.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by glockcop View Post
    It's this easy folks. If you have the slightest thing against the AR, That's just fine! Don't buy one. Opinions never outway facts. Here are the facts: The AR is a proven, reliable, accurate weapon in use with 70 plus countries. They are not all wrong or misguided. Face it.
    I don't have a problem with the AR at all...however...the ones linked here that I've seen are bare bones and still cost more than the top of the line AK that we got. LOL! To get an AR that's remotely as good as the AK we have...we would spend double what we spent...and IMO that's just not worth it for a "fun gun. "
    Oh...wait...the CDC did release a "if zombies attack" scenario...maybe I should reconsider? LOL!!
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

This bushmaster m4 for 874 seems like a good deal:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...hp/cPath/36_60

I do want to eventually get a RRA. I've heard nothing but good things about them. For now, I'll have to settle for my S&W M&P15T (very happy with it). http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Emailed Only The Best Firearms last night and had a reply this morning that they had one in stock for $1,000. The guy at the counter said $1,350 was the best they could do on a RRA. I told him about the email and the ad and I got one to take home. $1,060 out the door all taxes and fees included.

I can't wait to shoot this gun!

I know all black guns look alike. Its the one on the bottom...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Batch - You might take a look at these guys for ammo. I picked up 1000 rounds from them for .34 a round. I had them ship it in the ammo box. I've shot quite a bit of it and haven't had any problems.

http://www.classicarms.us/ammunition.htm
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I was looking around and found this steel cased ammo Tula or Tulammo? It can be had for about 20 cents a round. But, I don't know anything about it.

http://www.luckygunner.com/tula-223-...TulaBlack-1000

I do need to find some ammo that I can shoot steel targets at the range without damaging the target. Anything that won't attract a magnet is what they tell me. I am gonna ask when I go to the range where they get their ammo.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Batch, Comgratulations on the new Rock River. AR magazines are dirt cheap right now, and could be a good investment.

Thanks, I going to buy 5 mags this week. Anyone know of a good choice. If not I'll probably get Magpul P-mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Trabitha View Post
    I don't have a problem with the AR at all...however...the ones linked here that I've seen are bare bones and still cost more than the top of the line AK that we got. LOL! To get an AR that's remotely as good as the AK we have...we would spend double what we spent...and IMO that's just not worth it for a "fun gun. "
    Oh...wait...the CDC did release a "if zombies attack" scenario...maybe I should reconsider? LOL!!
    Trab, a nicely configured AR is not cheap but IMO it is money well spent. I fully understand that comming up with that kind of green is not easy. You are very well armed with your AK for just about anything a person may need an ''black'' rifle for. It is a really great weapon for what it was designed to do. That purpose is to shoot alot of semi controlled fire at medium to short distance (less than 150 yards). Just don't bring an AK to Camp Perry . Tack drivers only need apply there. If that not on your menue, no big deal. Spray the target with 7.62 rounds till your heart is content knowing that you are well armed. BEWARE OF ZOMBIES!!!
    9mm: Because I've seen a .45 bounce off of a windshield MORE THAN ONCE.

9mm: Because even 1911 guys don't want to get shot with one of my "little" bullets.

9mm: Because low round count single stack pistols suck in a gun fight!

I ran a couple hundred rounds of 62 grain Silver Bear through the RRA yesterday. The gun shoots better then I do. It was able to keep most shots in 8" Birchwood Casey Shoot N C targets at 100 yards off hand. I had two outside of the target. I didn't have a rest. But, I will take one next trip out.

It was humid and the deer flied were VERY bad. So, I had the range to myself. Since, I am an RSO at the range, even the CRSO went inside. So, I was completely alone at the range. Nice!

I only had my phones and so my video and photography sucks. But, you can get an idea of the range where I shoot most of the time. I had run out of the little black stickers to cover the holes and so I only took the photo to try and differentiate the new holes. Only to find I didn't care at that point.

So, I drug the target in to 25 yards and put 50 rounds of .38 Special through my .357 to cap off the day.

I'll be taking the RRA back out tomorrow with my girls.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...=VIDEO0021.mp4

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I think your phone ran for cover at the first shot.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, i tried resting my support hand on the table. It didn't help all that much though. But, it did knock over the phone. LOL