Thread: That show River Monsters

Default That show River Monsters

Talk about using commercials to keep you watching.
    Every time that Jeromy Wade catches something they go to a commercial.
    I like the show,but sometimes waiting to see what he caught isn't worth it.lol

We have the show here in France too, but they only cut to commercials every two breaks... Means we only get possibly two breaks during the entire show...
    Last time I was in the UK I noticed tthey too are going to the same system of a commercial break every ten minutes... it really gets on your nerves after a while and spoils the entertainement, makes you want to switch off altogether..
    cheers
    Gareth

It's called the Cliff Hanger. Every reality show that exists does that. Ever watch daytime crap? "In the case of 2 month old Billy, Joseph you ......."Have you been injured by a big truck wreck? If so, you may be entitled to compensation......."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

It is real interesting to watch the PBS shows that were origionally filmed for commercial TV. Most are only 17-20 minutes of airtime with more than 10 minutes of commercial time left in the half hour secquence. "One hour" shows have 20 minutes of unused time they must fill with previews and fundraising.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I kinda like the show....Lots of real big nasty stuff swimming around in some places.........makes you want to take your .45 swimming with you.

As far as breaks and commercials go, try this: 5 pm to 6 pm, local and USA News..........
    Write down all the commercials for that hour, type, time etc.

You will see mostly meds (lots of meds), cars, investments, insurance..........No fast food, soda etc......Talk about demographics 101.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I use the DVR to record most of the shows I watch. A 30 minute show can be viewed in 22 minutes when you fast forward through the commercials. A 60 minute show is about 44 minutes.

I have seen the show, and it's scary what's out there!
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien