Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survival Firearm

i went wolverine hunting with my converted AR-14 (full auto conversion) and i dragged around the bloody thing for nothing lol. id sujest a 1000+ fps hunting pellet gun to any beginners. though in canada you need to get a licence for it >_<

Default Survival Firearm

My choice: 1911 colt .45 with either hollow point or snake shot/bird shot. Rifle of choice: anything in .308 caliber. Mini 30 is a good choice.

Blog Entries

Cool m-6 Scout.

Quote Originally Posted by troutndeer View Post
    I realy like the springfield m6 scout, .22 hornet over .410. It holds ammo in the stock and is very simple. I take an asortment of .410 shells and factory 46 grain soft point .22 hornet, Im working on a load that lowers velocitys to .22 long levels (minimal meat loss on small game) the gun with full power loads would make a fine 35 yard deer gun (100 yard with scope) the 3 inch .410 7.5 shot shells work great on small flying game. the 000 buck shells would work as a close range defence from dogs and wild cats. when teamed up with a mid-large pistol you are set for some time.
    I hear good things about that gun, however they don't make it anymore so I have an AR-7 in .22LR and a Ruger 10-22.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Ruger 19-22 update

By the way, has any one seen the new Ruger 10-22 carbine? It's shorter & lighter than the original model with a fiber-optic sighting system that works well in low light.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

I have tried to find the new 10-22, where is it? Not on the Ruger site.

There is just so much info for the 10-22.

I sold mine many years ago and have regreted it more than once.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    I have tried to find the new 10-22, where is it? Not on the Ruger site.

There is just so much info for the 10-22.

I sold mine many years ago and have regreted it more than once.
    They have several different 10/22s listed on the Ruger site. Go to their "Home" page. At the top of the page click on "firearms" & you will get a "drop-down" window. Click on "Rifles". Next you will look at the left-hand side of the screen and see a selection of "Rifle-types". Click on "Auto-loaders". The next page gives you a selection of all their Auto-loaders; 10/22 leads the bunch. Click on that. This brings up the 10/22 page scroll all the way down & click on "View all Models". There you'll find 11 models of the 10/22 listed. Easy, huh? (Phew!)
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin