Thread: NSTIC - Single Internet Identity

Default NSTIC - Single Internet Identity

Never heard of it? Many of you use at work today. Very soon you'll use it at home and everywhere you go.

http://www.nist.gov/nstic/
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

This part concerned me some.
    Safer: Your trust credential will foil most commonly used attacks from hackers and criminals, protecting you against theft and fraud, safeguarding your personal information from cyber criminals
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

"It would include a vibrant marketplace that allows people to choose among multiple identity providers - both private and public - that would issue trusted credentials that prove identity".

We use this technology at work and as time progressed it became a nightmare, as even the "Trusted key" providers have been compromised. Our first experience was with Realtek which was compromised which made our "secure" proprietary information potentially at risk. I don't have a good alternative, but based on what I am seeing I don't have any real hope for this working.

Something to keep in mind is that due to "cost" alot of the "background " work for the technology is done in foreign countries with almost integrity.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    This part concerned me some.
    And that is a well founded concern: Partial excerpts below

http://www.portable-digital-video-recorder.com/fraudulent-certificates-issued-by-comodo-is-it-time-to-rethink-who-we-trust/

Fraudulent certificates issued by Comodo, is it time to rethink who we trust?
    Published on 24 March 2011 by admin in News

" Today, Microsoft issued a Security Advisory warning that fraudulent digital certificates were issued by the Comodo Certificate Authority. This could allow malicious spoofing of high profile websites, including Google, Yahoo! and Windows Live."

"The major issue is that Comodo is a trusted root authority on all default Windows and OS X installations. This means that an attacker could easily masquerade a malicious website as one of the above with the HTTPS authentication succeeding. "
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Reminds me of them pushing this:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/09/o...rnet-id-for-a/

Single internet ID for all Americans. Anonymity online? Think again, every account you own will have to be linked to a single ID.

pff. I keep a credit card with a $3000 limit for internet usage only. Credit card company pissed me off so I told em to knock down the line of credit and that's all I use it for. Internet Security is an oxymoron.

Have you found out a reason for this? I experienced once some issues with certificate in my phone. And I could not solve this issue on my own. I am from Spamarama. And when I took it to the service, they reinstalled something. So I cannot tell much about the reason. But it would be interesting to learn it.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 10-23-2020 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Idiot Spammer

Given that was nine years ago, I'm sure we've progressed a bit since then. Besides, I'm sure things are different in Serbia. You might say you're from New York but you and I both know you're from Serbia.

Siberia? It's cold there I hear.

Serbia, Siberia, tomato, tomahto. It's only about 2500 miles difference.

I had a girlfriend named Siberia. She was cold as ice.

Those Foreigners must have known her.

Max, was she willing to sacrifice y'all's love?
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    Max, was she willing to sacrifice y'all's love?
    I left her in my wake.

One wife. 39 years. She only beats me occasionally...

I would put a big smiley on the post but then the forum would tell me the post isn't long enough...

True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.