Thread: blackberrys!!!

Otaku/ survivalist wannab ravenscar's Avatar

Default blackberrys!!!

gunna pick black berries once the sun breaks treetop, so im curious, what could i do with em other that eat em in sleepy cedar?
    It bothers me how someone with new shoes can come up to me asking for money.

I have months before my blackberrries come on, enjoy! Can them for jelly, freeze them for cobblers or slushies, leave some in the fridge for popping in your mouth or tossing on cereal...

Blackberry wine
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

meh, i dont know how to make wine...
    sucks anyways cause the birds got all the good ones, leaving the huge but bitter ones or the tiny 3 friutlet ones
    any ideas how to keep the birds away from my best patches?

DO Blackberry cobbler..... quart blackberries, cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 can cubed pineapple, then pour on top 1 box white cake mix. 24 bricks on top, 16 below, cook for 35 minutes. Eat then brush teeth vigourously for 2 hours.

We have a couple of months before ours are ready as well, so I'm envious. My mother lives on the property next to ours and she too, grows blackberries. We freeze them for cobblers and to put on ice cream or yogurt. Last year I also made seedless jelly. The girls love frozen berries as a snack straight from the freezer.

Sorry the birds beat you out, better luck tomorrow.

Yeah, my vines are starting to green up and sprout but it will be a while before I have flowers let alone berries.

You can try a number of things to keep the birds out. Get a plastic owl, hang an aluminum pie plate so the wind can rotate it or lay a plastic snake on top of the vines. They make netting for fruit trees to keep birds out so you could try that. If you go with the first three just remember to move them around every two or three days or the birds will get wise to your plan.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blackberry tea from the leaves.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Blog Entries

Think of any fruity thing, and you can use balckberries. from pies to fools, drinks to sorbet.Let your imagination run wild!

Oh and +1 Rick.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

gunna pick in exaclty 5 minutes, and inspect the recently rediscovered muskidines. i probly wont be able to get online for a while, so.see ya'll when i do vamoos

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    lovly arnt they?

Blog Entries

You're despicable!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.