Thread: Your thoughts on Ed Wardle(Alone In The Wild)

Default Your thoughts on Ed Wardle(Alone In The Wild)

What are your guy's thoughts on this guy? I'm assuming you have seen this 'show' since it's like two years old but my search revealed no topics on it unless I'm just crazy.

link:

All episodes are on youtube I believe, in parts.

Share your thoughts on this man! (Crying, Ursaphobia any one?)

He's funny. I like his humor. I laughed when he was talking about eating that squirrel in the morning. =P
    Pretty amazing to know he's "wasting" survival time to make sure we all get amazing shots and takes on what he's doing.

Thanks for discovering this show. I'll watch it to the end! =D

One question: he probably got a permit to do that kind of stuff right? How did he get it? =/

I enjoyed watching his videos. I think it shows exactly how most people would react to the whole thing.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Banned
    Blog Entries

The most impressive thing in the first episode was the "Glassy Water Landing with the Beaver". The rest was painful to suffer through. God, but I do hate donkeys in new clean clothing.

Blog Entries

Payne, start with your Government's countryside commission(not sure what it would be called) also try the wildlife and game people and Environment protection. Next time you watch his show, take note of the credits at the end too, that might give you some starting points.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Payne, start with your Government's countryside commission(not sure what it would be called) also try the wildlife and game people and Environment protection. Next time you watch his show, take note of the credits at the end too, that might give you some starting points.
    Didn't find anything relevant in the credits.
    And those legal process look extremely costly. =/

P.S. Just finished watching the series. Was entertaining. =)

I felt sorry for him.
    He was obviously unprepared for his "survival adventure", and surprised and dismayed at how difficult it was. He was also handicapped by having to obey game laws, etc., which would not be done in a "real" survival situation, so he couldn't get food that he otherwise would have accessed.
    Mostly, though, he lacked self-confidence and thought he was failing when in fact he was doing pretty well.
    Sad.
    Wherefore, let us be thankful that there are still thousands of cool, green nooks beside crystal springs, where the weary soul may hide for a time, away from debts, duns and deviltries, and a while commune with nature in her undress. ~ George W. “Nessmuk” Sears ~

I finally got the chance to see all the episodes on youtube. I think if he would have brought less gear, more food, and his girlfriend, then he could have done it. He could have also done a little more research on food sources.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee