Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Conspiracy Theory Disease!

B - I'm sorry but I can't accept your argument nor am I suggesting that the U.S. (or any other country) lose its autonomy. Cities and towns are more or less autonomous as are states. That's true in more of the civilized countries as well. France has regions (states), Germany has regions (states), even our good friends in GB have regions (states). They all operate with some autonomy and they all get along, except at rugby time.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Rick if you've ever been to a Soccer game in Germany you'd know their states aren't just contentious at Rugby time.

Returning to your earlier comment on my post, and without trying to sound too religious, which I'm not, I'd like to address the issue of predestination - more of a metaphysical issue actually. I don't believe that we, as individuals, are predestined to anything, because we possess free will. At any time we may individually or collectively choose a different path and alter the future. This does not contradict the Bible which states that neither the day nor the hour of his coming no man noeth - implying the future is not fixed, but is fluid within certain parameters. But just as we cannot predict the certainly of a given random event, (such as a coin toss) one can predict with certainty the probability of an event occuring given a sufficient number of events of known probability. If we, being mere mortals, can understand and apply this concept, how much more so can a supreme being be in predicting future events without the constraints of time?

You can't argue that the Greatest Generation fought real evil in this world and defeated it. When I use the term defeat evil, I do so metaphorically, as evil can never be truly defeated by us, only delayed. This is what I hope to do, for as long as possible, as I know the day will come that the good of this world can no longer stand before all the world's evil powers concentrated against us. So to answer your question, I have no hope in the strength of my own arms, for I know the Enemy, and he is greater than I - but there is One greater than he. It upon this knowledge that I have hope in the resurection of the just. If this seems fatalistic, so be it, but it is the only thing I believe one has to look forward to these days - that and the rapture, which if you believe in it, great, but personally I hold out no hope there.

The problem with evil is, being a primordial force, it cannot be defeated by force of arms or other mortal means. Tolkein knew this well. That's why I briefly alluded to his work in trying to establish my point, however I appologize as the message was obviously muddled. Tolkien encapsulated all the perceived evil in the world in one simple device - the ring of power, which was able to control many peoples of impure hearts through their weaknesses, lusts and vices. Money can be looked upon in the same illustrative light, being a tool for good or bad, depending on the purity of our hearts. (Note: it is the love of money that the scriptures warn us is the root of all evil, not money itself, which is neutral, (like firearms) possessing no attributes of good or evil in and of itself.) However it is apparent that money, as a form of concentrated power, is and always has been the principle tool of the forces of evil - much like Tolkeins one ring. The goal of the good Hobbit was to destroy the ring by casting it into the abyss from which it came, thus removing its power from the world. Such power is to great to be weilded my mortal men, for in the use of such vast power that one becomes corrupt. The Hobbit's simple goal must be ours as well. We need to minimize and dilute the powerful forces of this world, so they can not easily be turned against us to our destruction. The short list of these forces is obviously headed with one common world government, with one common currency coming in a close second (which can be withheld to starve the masses, and fund armies, forcing those who would submit to be slaves of the Evil One.) Though this scenario cannot be avoided, if one accepts sacred scripture (be he Christian, Jew or Muslim) on face value, it can, however, be delayed - hopefully for many years beyond my own.

Centralizing money, government, armies, and indeed any seat of power only makes them easier to wield as a weapon to whatever end the user has in mind. Keeping us from cooperating and forming an evil, centralized power, such as God taught us in the tower of Babel story (whether you believe it a historical event or a mere parable), should be our goal here and now. That is unless you're a crazy 12er, like Ahmadinejad, who want's to hasten the coming of the 12th Imam (the Al-Mahdi) through war and chaos. It really doesn't matter if you or I believe in these things or not, as there are many millions of people who do and will act according to their beliefs - if they have the ability.

Do you think for Ahmadinejad would hesitate for an instant from nuking Israel (his avowed enemy who he has sworn to destroy) if he had the opportunity? If there ever will be a world government, it will be a Muslim Caliphate. Heaven help us all then.

Chip
    I asked my broker where to put my money. He said canned food and ammo.
    I think I'll just invest in ammo. Roasted zombies are mighty tasty you know.
    Especially the young and tender ones. Napalm sticks to kids!

Sounded pretty religious to me. I don't know anything about Lord of the Rings. I've never read or watched it. I agree that money is evil, however. I think you should send all you have to me and I'll dispose of it for you. No, no. No need to thank me. That's what friends are for.

You're welcome to make any bad analogy you want. You can make just as many good ones, however. If folks truly believe that governments composed of men are evil. If they fear them at their hearts core then they should be more than motivated to run for office and correct that problem. I doubt the freshmen Congressmen are part of any conspiracy. The certainly aren't acting liking it because they are defying both parties in their actions. Yet, folks will label them part of the problem. They would label you part of the problem if you were in office. It's just so much easy to point a finger and blame someone else that do something about it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    B - I'm sorry but I can't accept your argument nor am I suggesting that the U.S. (or any other country) lose its autonomy. Cities and towns are more or less autonomous as are states. That's true in more of the civilized countries as well. France has regions (states), Germany has regions (states), even our good friends in GB have regions (states). They all operate with some autonomy and they all get along, except at rugby time.
    Regions within a single country are not in dispute. That's different from states within a country (as in the former USSR) and republics (as in the former YU)--which would more closely approximate a collection of countries (195 per your suggestion) with a single currency and a single, overriding government. (your words)
    Again, USA (with it's independent states) is an exception and exceptional in pulling that off so successfully, but IMHO that would be pretty unimaginable with any other countries. The common goals are hardly common and the differences are insurmountable at this stage in our history.

And even if countries all agreed on common goals (as we have more or less in our country) the way to achieving them is what would create major conflict if contemplated on a global scale. Look how much we butt heads in the US despite the fact that we're that shining city upon a hill. What's left for the ghettos in the valley?

I don't know for sure but I know what flows downhill if that helps.