Thread: Morel Mushrooms and Wild Asparagus

Default Morel Mushrooms and Wild Asparagus

The morel mushrooms and wild asparagus are in full swing here in Missouri.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I hope everyone else is having some luck as well.

Blog Entries

Cool Emmmm, yummy!

We're still getting the leaves to "pop out" on the trees & bushes down here, how about up your way?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Jonquils, and dogwood are in bloom and most of the trees have some green on them. With the wet winter we had, it should be a very productive year.

That looks really good! Here in MI I have to wait a while yet for the harvest to start.

Quote Originally Posted by cheyene View Post
    That looks really good! Here in MI I have to wait a while yet for the harvest to start.
    While your waiting could you please go to the introduction section and tell us about yourself.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I love creamed asparagus over toasted garlic bread mmmmmmm.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Does the wild asparagus make your pee stink like the domesticated variety? BTW, some folks call morels "molly moochers" in WV.

Hi welderguy, I've got that intro done now, sorry I just got carried away seeing pics of fresh morels!!

Quote Originally Posted by carbean View Post
    Does the wild asparagus make your pee stink like the domesticated variety? BTW, some folks call morels "molly moochers" in WV.
    Yes! it's the same exact plant. The only difference is the domesticated stuff tends to be more stringy and in some cases more spindly as well.

The wild stuff is just escaped cultivated asparagus. The seeds are contained in redish orange berries in the fall, birds consume them. The birds fly around and do what birds do, distributing the seeds.

nice. none of the wild asparagus i find is nearly that robust. looks like you got two drfferent species of morel there. I hope you get a good season of all of those.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

That is an outstanding haul........I can taste it already.....but not yet here in WI.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Managed to get another good haul of asparagus yesterday, but no luck with morels. I just didn't have the time to get back into the wild and woolly places that I usually find morels. Saturday should be my day. Plenty of time, rain all day Friday and I will be out turkey hunting anyway. I can't wait for the weekend!

A customer brought me a bunch of mushrooms at work on Sunday,they didnt last long,LOL.

A guy who livesa close by found one of the brown ones that weighed in at 1.7 pounds,lucky SOB!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)