Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Northern Bushcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Survivalist View Post
    I am so pleased to get the endorsement from all the moderators since your character is beyond reproach and would never be rep whores. You really mean it!
    Can I be the Rep PIMP?
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

There you go with them negative waves again, Moriarty. We are fortunate that you've never gotten anything from anyone else, a book, a magazine, the TV, the radio or the internet. It must be a curse to be original all the time.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Can I be the Rep PIMP?
    LOL,, Good one !

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    There you go with them negative waves again, Moriarty. We are fortunate that you've never gotten anything from anyone else, a book, a magazine, the TV, the radio or the internet. It must be a curse to be original all the time.
    You keep using words like Karma and negative waves. Would "peace man, peace" be the proper hippy responce?

Maybe you can get this. Had he shared the experince of going outside, eating the wrong plant and having is face swell up I would have been more impressed than all the correct information he can find from his chair in front of the computer. I have a set of encyclopedias, I would rather share real experiences with people doing it. Then we'll have something in common.

Banned

But then again,, someone can sit in front of the computer and search for something and it may be something YOU posted here,,,, hmmmm,,,, Info is info,,,,, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    But then again,, someone can sit in front of the computer and search for something and it may be something YOU posted here,,,, hmmmm,,,, Info is info,,,,, IMO
    When you get some experience you'll know the difference. I've just about finished my coffee so I think I'll head up McRoberts creek on my 4 wheeler. Have fun in front of your computer today. Maybe when I get back I'll find a link about 4 wheelers for you.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by Alaskan Survivalist; 04-14-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Banned

When you get some experience you'll know the difference.
    Don't pretend you know me,,,,,, You need to stop being jealous because the guy got a sticky and you didn't,,,,

Banned

When you get some experience you'll know the difference. I've just about finished my coffee so I think I'll head up McRoberts creek on my 4 wheeler. Have fun in front of your computer today. Maybe when I get back I'll find a link about 4 wheelers for you.

Don't fall off,,, you might break a hip......

Huh? Info is info.... I just built up a turbo 400 trans for my GTO. I know it has nothing to do with survival but I'd never been inside an auto tranny before and it is getting bolted to a 500 + HP motor so it needed to be right. Before I did anything, I read a book on it, watched a video and Googled anything I could find on the subject. I am very happy with the way it came out, I am well within all tolerances and have no fear of it working for me. I owe the entire experience to what I learned in front of this computer and other inside, book work before I went to the garage.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Oh, you could also benefit from a real set of tires on that wheeler...Just some first hand experience from my 20 plus years riding them. I would recommend Swamp Fox tires..they are relatively new but I have run lots and lots of brands and they seem to do well in all conditions.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Over 1800 posts there, brother. That's a lot of time in front of the computer. Just sayin'......
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Camp10 View Post
    Oh, you could also benefit from a real set of tires on that wheeler...Just some first hand experience from my 20 plus years riding them. I would recommend Swamp Fox tires..they are relatively new but I have run lots and lots of brands and they seem to do well in all conditions.
    I don't need tires when I can just climb into one of my Coots that is 10 times the machine.
    Last edited by Alaskan Survivalist; 04-15-2011 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Over 1800 posts there, brother. That's a lot of time in front of the computer. Just sayin'......
    It has been a lot of wasted time. I have to limit my exposier to the real world....I might break a hip.

without action info is info, it doesn't matter where it comes from, books, internet, grandpa, wherever. With out action how would we know if the info was correct. I realize common sense can take us a long ways however there is no substitute for doing it. When I take on a project that I have not had experience with, I'll research the bejeezees out of it and gather info in preparation. There's a old saying about owning the skills, to own it you have to do it and do it again and again etc. etc. It's important to know where to find info too. I've made up several browning solutions over the years. I have experience with this because I done it many times but I'll be darned if I can remember the exact formula but I know where to reference the info. Bottom line there is no substitute for action, ya know the bruises, cuts, scrapes, embarrassment, heartaches, mistakes, did I miss any? LOL. Hopefully though with preparation which includes info some of that can be minimized.
    Last edited by randyt; 04-14-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Very general info, but nonetheless it's still better than nothing and gives you an idea.

Huh? Info is info.... I just built up a turbo 400 trans for my GTO. I know it has nothing to do with survival but I'd never been inside an auto tranny before and it is getting bolted to a 500 + HP motor so it needed to be right. Before I did anything, I read a book on it, watched a video and Googled anything I could find on the subject. I am very happy with the way it came out, I am well within all tolerances and have no fear of it working for me. I owe the entire experience to what I learned in front of this computer and other inside, book work before I went to the garage.
    Yes, but you would have never known it would be right without actually doing it, and i'm sure you learned a thing or two the book and computer didn't tell you along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by rwc1969 View Post
    Yes, but you would have never known it would be right without actually doing it, and i'm sure you learned a thing or two the book and computer didn't tell you along the way.
    That's correct, however, the info still needed to be found and learned before I started turning wrenches. My only point is that any source of good info is...well, good. I'm in agreement that practice and experience are very important and the only way to get things right.

That's correct, however, the info still needed to be found and learned before I started turning wrenches. My only point is that any source of good info is...well, good. I'm in agreement that practice and experience are very important and the only way to get things right.
    Well said. No one knows everything, without basic info, then none of us can extend the learning curve of a particular subject one is concerned with. Most people seem to be content to know a lot about a little part of the/their world. But not many know a little about a lot of the world.

is anyone from Oregon here?

There you go with them negative waves again, Moriarty.....but don't mind me.....I'm just a stupid spammer.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 06-22-2020 at 06:27 AM.