Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooking Eggs With Paper

Red face Cooking Eggs With Paper

Maybe this is very well known, but anyways, I felt like sharing this very little experience:

When I was 16 years old, working at a summer camp, I heard we could cook eggs with only a fire and some paper.
    Being curious, I stole some eggs from the little farm and some paper, and started a fire.
    As the fire was heating up, I was building kind of a container with my multiple papers to make sure the eggs wouldn't fall into the fire stupidly.
    Then, I broke the eggs and set them into my little improvised container, and placed my container into the fire.
    Fortunately, the white part of the eggs went solid before the sides of my container burned down, and from there one, there were kind of glued on the paper.
    After a while, I remove my little experiment from the fire and taste it: they were just perfect.

Last year, during a little camping week-end with my friends, I wanted to impress them with this little trick (no one was believing me). I proceeded, but failed. Haha. I guess the edges just burned too fast or something. =P

I don't know why I thought about this story, but I felt like sharing it.
    =)

Lightbulb

16? Another words 3 years ago."only a fire and some paper"? Great discovery.Who knew you could cook something with fire!
    Not nice to steal.If you can boil water in a Styrofoam cup I'm sure you can cook an egg by a fire!
    You can also cook an egg in an orange peel.OMG!
    I have come to the conclusion that you have not come here to learn anything,but to just see yourself talk!Melissa an I have truly tried to give you the benefit of the doubt,but I can see that your really not learning a thing!

Edit: Might want to watch this for the hearing impaired!
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...An-Orange-Peel
    Last edited by Ssgt_DimeBag; 04-12-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Or the egg in a paper bag thread.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ght=eggs+paper
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Yea what Rick said^^^^

There is no point in cooking an egg in a paper bag unless you put in bacon too.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Oooh. very good point. You mentioned bacon so I'll have to fix some tonight. (was going to anyway but a bad excuse is better than none).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Firegood.jpg
    LMAO! I had to!
    Mmmm Fire Good!!!
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Blog Entries

Mmmm bacon and eggs! Thats supper sorted, then!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Good post payne. There are a bunch of different ways to cook an egg over a fire. The best way to learn is to do it.

So Staff Sergeant, I have just been ignoring you as of late, but it seems that you just come to this forum to see your self talk.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

You can boil an egg in a Dixie cup too.

Or just about any container where you can keep the fire below the water line.

You can even peck a small hole in the shell and cook them in their shells beside the coals.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Good post payne. There are a bunch of different ways to cook an egg over a fire. The best way to learn is to do it.

So Staff Sergeant, I have just been ignoring you as of late, but it seems that you just come to this forum to see your self talk.
    Whaaaaa!Whaaaaa!
    Must be one of the immature ones still upset with what Dime had to say about weight issues!
    Keep ignoring him then!
    He doesn't come in here to join your little click club!

Edit:And if your just so upset because he changed his user name to Ssgt......I'm the one that told him he should because that is what he has had for years on another forum for Woodsball.So you can hound me for it.I said it would be easier for his friends to find him if they decided to join here.
    Guess now seem to be a waist of time!
    Last edited by Melissa Montana; 04-12-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Not sure why there have been so many antagonistic posts from quite a few people lately, but I would appreciate it if they would stop.

If you don't like a post and have nothing better to do than to criticize the poster, then it may be best that you walk away from the post/thread.

If you don't like a member for whatever reason, then it may be best to use the ignore feature.

Either way - EVERYBODY please refrain from the personal attacks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ssgt_DimeBag View Post
    16? Another words 3 years ago."only a fire and some paper"? Great discovery.Who knew you could cook something with fire!
    Not nice to steal.If you can boil water in a Styrofoam cup I'm sure you can cook an egg by a fire!
    You can also cook an egg in an orange peel.OMG!
    I have come to the conclusion that you have not come here to learn anything,but to just see yourself talk!Melissa an I have truly tried to give you the benefit of the doubt,but I can see that your really not learning a thing!

Edit: Might want to watch this for the hearing impaired!
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...An-Orange-Peel

Is this really how you think you should behave toward people? WTH?? The kids simply wanted to share something that he found to be cool. If you didn't find it to be as cool as he did, may I recommend that you simply say nothing and move on.
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by payne View Post
    Maybe this is very well known, but anyways, I felt like sharing this very little experience:

When I was 16 years old, working at a summer camp, I heard we could cook eggs with only a fire and some paper.
    Being curious, I stole some eggs from the little farm and some paper, and started a fire.
    As the fire was heating up, I was building kind of a container with my multiple papers to make sure the eggs wouldn't fall into the fire stupidly.
    Then, I broke the eggs and set them into my little improvised container, and placed my container into the fire.
    Fortunately, the white part of the eggs went solid before the sides of my container burned down, and from there one, there were kind of glued on the paper.
    After a while, I remove my little experiment from the fire and taste it: they were just perfect.

Last year, during a little camping week-end with my friends, I wanted to impress them with this little trick (no one was believing me). I proceeded, but failed. Haha. I guess the edges just burned too fast or something. =P

I don't know why I thought about this story, but I felt like sharing it.
    =)
    Cute experiment. Do a little experimenting this summer, on other things that can be used to cook with. Keep in mind, that as cool as it is to know little tricks like that...there may come a time (more likely than not) that you have no paper to burn. Come on...you're a bright kid. Keep us informed on some of your experiments! Thanks for sharing.
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

- Thomas Jefferson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Montana View Post
    He doesn't come in here to join your little click club!

WhaaaaaTT ? there's a club ? (now i feel left out )

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Me too, Justin. Not only is there a club, but they apparently CLICK! I really like to click...
    - St. Augustine

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    I just started it. Wanna join.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    I just started it. Wanna join.
    Are there tap shoes required or can I just get a dog clicker?
    - St. Augustine

- Thomas Jefferson

Take a camera with you next time you experiment and try to take pics or videos of what you are doing so you can document it. That way if works you know what you did right and if it doesn't you know what to avoid the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trabitha View Post
    Is this really how you think you should behave toward people? WTH?? The kids simply wanted to share something that he found to be cool. If you didn't find it to be as cool as he did, may I recommend that you simply say nothing and move on.
    No acually Trabitha we had been defending the kid the minute he joined.Then he left a rude comment on my page.Some know about it some don't.
    It wasn't like Dime was talking out of turn.Even after trying to talk to him about his very vague Threads then here he started another one with out using the search as had been told to him time and time again by the Mods an others!
    Last edited by Melissa Montana; 04-12-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Mitch Hedberg