Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I officially hate Tauris.

Default I officially hate Tauris.

So you all know my "drama" over the past 6 months with that company. I don't need to rehash it all with y'all.
    Well, after all the rigga-ma-roll, I finally get the Ultra-lite model 85 revolver. I was sure it would be a great gun...but sadly it just feels like it's going to fall apart. Nothing locks in place properly, everything sticks, and when you shake it, the entire darn thing rattles!! I'm sure it's just me being picky...but I don't think a handgun should rattle.

So anyway...I have a NEW dream gun that I'm praying will finally pan out!! I'm looking to get me a new S&W Bodyguard .38 Special!! The darn thing has a red light dot!! WOOOOO!! I WOULD BE INDESTRUCTIBLE!! Watch out, zombies! I'm comin' to get-cha! Oh, and check out the thumb release on this baby! It's smooth and in the RIGHT place. Very cool. Can't wait to trade in the Taurus!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

That is an excellent choice. A shame the Taurus did not work out, seems you got burnt too many times. Good luck on this one
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Banned
    Blog Entries

Me likey S&W "J" Frames.

No I am pretty sure of your gun rattles there is something wrong, hope the s&w works out better for you.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

The rattle gives you the option of placing a voodoo curse on the bad guy before you shoot him. Rattle and chat then fire.

Good luck on the S&W. Hard to go wrong with a proven weapon and a reliable company.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

That stinks about the Taurus.. I have a 685 that I really like... You cant go wrong with a S&W. I think that one is built off of the 442 model. Great pistol and good choice!

You should get one of these!

53830.jpg

Pretty!
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Ya know, I really hate that the release is on the side of the gun like that. I struggle with that ONE thing on a regular basis. The bodyguard is so much more smooth.

PLUS, the laser is pretty darn cool! It makes the zombie killing much easier. Not to mention, black cleans up much better.
    Last edited by Trabitha; 04-12-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

- Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

I sometimes wish it wasn't so darn near impossible to get a permit for a handgun here... Or an automatic weapon´...
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

Yeah, I'm that way with hand grenades and C4. (long sigh).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

[QUOTE=Rick;292995]Yeah, I'm that way with hand grenades and C4. (long sigh).[/QUOTE

I have been wondering why it was taking so long to get that permit... Why can't "They" understand people NEED explosives handy? Rick is gonna need all he can get if that Kudzu makes it's way to wherever Indiana!
    Turtle Clan/Coffee Addicts Anonymous

I just love to see things go KABOOM! .... in a big way.

I said that once...and one of my friends handed me HIS hand gun. it was as big as my ARM!! Needless to say, there was no way I wanted to shoot THAT cannon! LOL!
    - St. Augustine

- Thomas Jefferson

Some Smiths do have a small rattle. Some 1911 triggers rattle a bit.

I took a class down at S&W and the instructor had one of those laser things on his blue demo pistol. He was using it to demonstrate range safety to some newcomers saying that even though the laser is coooool, you shouldn't point it (and the gun) at anything you don't want to destroy. Especially your kitty cat playing with the little red dot...or the TV set. Though I suppose either is a matter of opinion...

Blog Entries

Rick, is it weird that it's easier to get explosives permit here than a hand gun permit?
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

Sounds about right to me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I just love to see things go KABOOM! .... in a big way.
    Who needs explosives....

Pretty cool. NASA could use that water heater to replace the shuttles. We had an insurance guy give a safety demo one time. He brought in one of those portable chambers that uses gasoline and a paper disc to demonstrate the explosive power of vaporized gasoline. It makes a nifty kapow through the paper disc, everyone jumps and gets a good laugh. UNLESS, you make the mistake of putting too much gasoline in the chamber. Then what you get is the explosion from he**, a compression wave that will nearly crumple your ear drums and lots of ceiling tiles falling from the ceiling. It was his first and last demo at work.

Sorry about your luck. This has also been my luck with this company. I will not be buying anything from them again. I do highly recommend the S&W J frame revolvers. Ruger small frame revolvers are also very high quality and tank tuff. These lil' Rugers definately deserve a look too. Good luck.
    9mm: Because I've seen a .45 bounce off of a windshield MORE THAN ONCE.

9mm: Because even 1911 guys don't want to get shot with one of my "little" bullets.

9mm: Because low round count single stack pistols suck in a gun fight!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Anyone that wants to give away a functional dastardly Taurus?

I will come and pick it up within 300 miles of North KY.

I'll buy you lunch when I get there too.

I am sorry folks are having problems with these guns. I have never had a problem from any of my Taurus/Rossi products or seen any past undue abuse, not that Trab would abuse one.

My daily carry gun is a Taurus ultralite. I shoot it every range visit just to check things out.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?