Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phony Survivalist Bear Grylls Injured in the Wild

Banned

Exclamation Phony Survivalist Bear Grylls Injured in the Wild

I just ran across this and thought I would share

It was only a mater of time before Bear Grylls hurt himself, and now it looks like his dangerous stunts may have caught up with him. Discovery Channel has confirmed that Bear Grylls, the controversial adventurer and star of “Man vs. Wild”, has been injured during an expedition in Antarctica.

They are saying that he fell and injured his shoulder and is now on his way back home for medical treatment.

Hopefully this will be a lesson to all the would be survivalists who watch the show. What is shown on his popular series is not survival,

But wait,, Theres MORE,, including a few links,,,, see it here http://offgridsurvival.com/grylls/

Blog Entries

Lol...........................poser!

OH WOW!!!! there's a surprise no one saw coming.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

You didn't post this just to start a BG flame war did you?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    You didn't post this just to start a BG flame war did you?
    No ,,,,, all these recent posts about BG got me to googleing,, thats all... seen this, and it was relevant to some of the recent discussions,,

Just curioius since the Antartic injury is three years old and the injury from the camera sled is almost a year old. Both old news.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Just curioius since the Antartic injury is three years old and the injury from the camera sled is almost a year old. Both old news.
    was new to me ? does it matter when it happened ? still happened,,

Well, I've been hurt in the "wild" before too. I dont think much of his show but I dont think we need a thread dedicated to getting people pissed at each other either. I'll see you guys over on the other threads! Lol!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

I guess why I asked (and yes, I know it is the title of the article) is the use of the pejorative description in your thread title, having recently been presented with a few new members that like BG. That's all.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Injuries happen to all of us, sooner or later, whether we do something athletic or trip on a rug on the way to the fridge. This proves exactly nothing.

The only exception to the rule being AS, of course.

Banned

I guess why I asked (and yes, I know it is the title of the article) is the use of the pejorative description in your thread title, having recently been presented with a few new members that like BG. That's all.
    Ok,,,,, but him drinking his pi$$ is old news too,,,,,,,,

Banned

Bear Grylls Bad Water Advice http://offgridsurvival.com/man-vs-wi...erous-water-2/
    Man Vs Wild Bear Grylls Dangerous Food Advice http://offgridsurvival.com/man-vs-wild-foo/
    Bear Grylls Caught Lying http://offgridsurvival.com/beargrylls-critics-2/
    Bear Grylls Caught Faking Scenes http://offgridsurvival.com/fake/

These prove quite alot IMO . He and his show are dangerous in the REAL world,,

Blog Entries

I think most know my views on the poser BG since I joined this board 5 years ago. I called BS with his first trip to the jungle, remember the diaper rash thread? LOL. Been there, done that, as many have here. Please remember, BG is entertainment and that is all.

Blog Entries

About the OP. It was discussed on here to death and then discussed some more. Now the bad penny as come back again.

About Bear Grylls. Though his methods are controversial the facts are; He is a very high energy extreme adventurer who has been in places a lot of us only dream about and He could probably get out of situations most of us would die in.

I personally don't care for his shows but I have no problem saying that I have no desire to pit myself against him. Also if I were in a bad situation in the wild I would rather have him with me then to face it alone.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Banned

Him and his crew you mean ?

Blog Entries

Cool On the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    I personally don't care for his shows but I have no problem saying that I have no desire to pit myself against him. Also if I were in a bad situation in the wild I would rather have him with me then to face it alone.
    I would rather have the Scoutmaster & Eagle Scout that saved your a$$ from drowning myself!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bear is an adventurer and in that sense he has accomplished a lot. Is his show Man vs. Wild a good source of survival training, no... That show started off on the wrong foot with many people including myself. His recklessness grabbed you right away and shot down any chance that the show could be taken as serious survival advise. The man has done a lot in his life, I'm always hearing of his exploits. I watch the show now and then and put it in a different category than "survival training", more like extreme sports or like adventure racing. I was thinking the other day, if I was injured, a hundred miles from the nearest town, and needed to send someone for help, I believe Bear would be a great choice. (if he didn't kill himself along the way)
    Last edited by pgvoutdoors; 04-10-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pgvoutdoors View Post
    I was thinking the other day, if I was injured, a hundred miles from the nearest town, and needed to send someone for help, I believe Bear would be a great choice. (if he doesn't kill himself)
    Well, okay, but I think any properly trained person would do just as well.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

That one is old news from like his 3rd season.lol
    Of course he will get hurt at some point....so has the rest,you just have to read about it from there websites.
    Hello the man jumps out of airplanes!
    Silly JC!
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I would rather have the Scoutmaster & Eagle Scout that saved your a$$ from drowning myself!
    They saved me from hypothermia. Yes I'm glad they were with me. That being said, If Bear was with me it would have been him going into the water not me!
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!