Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dental Floss

Ask your dentist for a floss card, it's the size of a credit card so it's easy to carry & like they say if you don't have anything else.

Blog Entries

What I carry as a smaller cordage in addition to 550, is 0.6mm annealed iron wire, so called "jekkulanka". I learned to love the stuff in the army.
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

At times I carry black iron trapping wire. Not sure of the guage, maybe 14 guage. Hndy stuff though.

Blog Entries

Well the 0.6mm is about 22 gauge.
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

Can't a college educated person look at something and determine how useful it is? Creative thinking will serve you better than anything memorized. Knowledge is just the building blocks of thought and not a replacement for it. How do you think primitve man survived without all our knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I got a chuckle out of the highlighted authentic. Authentic MIL-C or authentic commercial? Pretty much the same thing.
    "Authentic," "genuine," "real," mil spec or commercial 550 paracord are the same thing, as you say. But... there is some "false" paracord sold in many outdoor or sporting goods outlets also.

A couple of years ago, my wife had a birthday party for me. One of the guests was a young man who knew I liked to "bust the boonies," but knew very little about the outdoors. He was not a hunter, camper, fisherman, etc. He gave me two 100' packages of so-called 550 paracord for a birthday gift. It was nylon outer, filled with five very thin, cheap fiber type strands. Poor quality, although he did not know it and I certainly didn't say anything but "Thank you very much. I'll use this out in the woods." It was all just "rope" to him.

Actually, my wife uses it to tie up her plants, bushes, shrubs, and we use it to tie up tomato plants, etc., in our garden. Works fine for those chores ... but I wouldn't put it in my day pack.

Be careful what you buy, folks. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Survivalist View Post
    Can't a college educated person look at something and determine how useful it is? Creative thinking will serve you better than anything memorized. Knowledge is just the building blocks of thought and not a replacement for it. How do you think primitve man survived without all our knowledge?
    I am perfectly able to determine how useful something is. And I hate memorizing stuff, and am usually creative.
    As I've already stated, I open the threads to see if there are certain use I just didn't think of. You know, we can never be 100% sure we've thought of everything. >_>

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by payne View Post
    I am perfectly able to determine how useful something is. And I hate memorizing stuff, and am usually creative.
    As I've already stated, I open the threads to see if there are certain use I just didn't think of. You know, we can never be 100% sure we've thought of everything. >_>
    did you find any ?

And if you need more ideas try this linkhttp://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/search.php
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Well after a certain comment i wonder if dental floss can be used to make a noose?
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Montana View Post
    Well after a certain comment i wonder if dental floss can be used to make a noose?
    If you use enough strands! LOL!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Or hang someone lightweight.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Or give them a flossing they won't forget.

I know for a fact that 45 rolls of dental floss will secure a loud mouthed recruit to the underside of the top bunk in an 80 man barracks. Plus it only took one piece of duct tape for the other 79 recruits to get a good nights sleep after the young man was securely tucked under his bed.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I know for a fact that 45 rolls of dental floss will secure a loud mouthed recruit to the underside of the top bunk in an 80 man barracks. Plus it only took one piece of duct tape for the other 79 recruits to get a good nights sleep after the young man was securely tucked under his bed.
    How long did they leave you there?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Sorry, I was one of the 79.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Sorry, I was one of the 79.
    That would be my answer too! LOL!

Hey, Rick...don't you have some butt floss?

Why don't you show them that picture.

(Snicker, Snicker.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Hmmmm!
    Might have to test this out in the field......lets see a teen kid should not weigh that much
    So i might just get away with 20 rolls?
    Now Ive hear of a "blanket party" and that is got to suck!
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel