Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will drinking urine in a pinch save your life?

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Montana View Post
    No the pix was very much me....have no troubles to the heard that would believe I'm someone else then all i have in defense is exchange emails and yours and you can get on cam with us!
    I just changed it because of the cry baby's! lol
    I have voiced my thoughts on Mr Grylls many times and everyone has there own opinion.
    I hope I didn't offend you, the other picture was cuter than Bear Grylls though. Just poking a little fun at you, I don't mean anything by it.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Quote Originally Posted by pgvoutdoors View Post
    I hope I didn't offend you, the other picture was cuter than Bear Grylls though. Just poking a little fun at you, I don't mean anything by it.
    O not at all! I'm a big girl.
    I can tell when someone is just having a laugh or just being a childish A** Hole!

Edit: In fact i laugh my but off on some of the comments.
    I love some of the Google pix ......"Climb a mountain....Guess I'll have to drink my own pee"!
    Just on a serious note i know that it can and has saved life's,but that's MHO
    Last edited by Melissa Montana; 04-11-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

See told ya all bear grylls was really a women
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Banned

Why are his nipples hard ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Why are his nipples hard ? lol
    Funny I didn't notice but you did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Funny I didn't notice but you did.
    That is funny,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Montana View Post
    Well please provide for me the cases were people have died!
    And please I'm asking you!
    I'm sure you find nothing but 3rd world country's that bath in waste everyday.NOT drinking urine to survive on.
    As i can tell already by your response you don't know the first thing about survival!
    Sounds to me that all you ever did was read the military manuals,never had to put them to use and now say you know whats best......there are many like you.....you sir have never been in a real life survival situation or you would know better then to have comments like that.Your a hunter at best!
    Survival is thirst,hunger,despair...I'm am very sure you have never starved before.....trust me you would eat just about anything.I'm sure the military fed you fine!Military manuals are just "General rules" not the bible!
    The military did not go out and seek the advice from NASA phd's or MIT or Berkly U.....Hence they take the cheapest advice and contracts.I was not asking for someone to change my mind,just your thoughts.

My Google works as good as your Google!

Edit:Guess you never heard of Scott O' Grady?
    Guess you never read the same survival manual he did?
    He ate ants to survive for nourishment and entertainment!
    Yea your a survivalist! LMAO!
    Sorry hun,but dead people tell no tales,if they drank their pee,and died from it,chances are VERY good that we would never know,because they ain't talkin'!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Sorry hun,but dead people tell no tales,if they drank their pee,and died from it,chances are VERY good that we would never know,because they ain't talkin'!
    I just had to laugh.
    Everyone has an Autopsy done to provide cause of death!

Quote Originally Posted by Ssgt_DimeBag View Post
    I just had to laugh.
    Really?? two men died in a boating accident in this county last week,AND NO AUTOPSY!!!!!!!!
    No autopsy performed on my mother when she passed 8 years ago.

NO autopsy performed on my baby brother who passed from "SIDS" 28 years ago.

NO autopsy performed on my sons father who passed in an accident 24 years ago.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Okay...in her defense...it's not always going to KILL you. There are generations of people who regularly drink their own urine and India even has a NAME for it. Ick...guess it's one of those "natural healing methods". It's well documented that people CHOOSE to drink their urine every day as a form of healing. I don't get it...nore would I DO it...but there are plenty of people, alive and well, who drink pee.

That being said, there is a distinct difference between drinking your healthy, hydrated urine, and drinking borderline dehydrated urine. I think those differences have been laid out quite well by other members.

I think if you WANT to try and drink your urine in a survival situation you need to be smart about it. Clearly you should NEVER drink your urine if it's a dark color or have a weak stomach like me.
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ssgt_DimeBag View Post
    I just had to laugh.
    Yes,,,, But they only do a urinalysis if you were driving drunk or applying for a job,, LOL

Sooo. If you died drunk in the desert would they have to pump your stomach to do a urinalysis? This is getting waaaay too complicated.

Of course, the other thing you can do is squeeze water out of elephant poop. That would eliminate the need to worry about urine. Of course you have to go to Africa or India to find an elephant and, personally, I'd stop some place along the way and get a drink. But that's just me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...well now...

The original title to this is "will drinking urine save your life?' My answer is "maybe, but you're reputation will be in the toilet once it gets out." And why is BG talked about so much on here? Because he & Mykel Hawke are the only 2 people that have gone public advocating that it's okay to drink untreated urine. While there may be documented cases where somebody's life was saved doing this, how do we know what consequences they might have suffered later as a result?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Voice in the Wilderness preachtheWORD's Avatar

Concerning the articles about people drinking urine in survival situations, perhaps it should not read that they survived because they drank urine, but rather that they survived despite drinking urine. Just say no to the wizz!
    Preach It - Teach It - LIVE IT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by preachtheWORD View Post
    Concerning the articles about people drinking urine in survival situations, perhaps it should not read that they survived because they drank urine, but rather that they survived despite drinking urine. Just say no to the wizz!
    Now that's the most sensible thing to come out of this thread!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Really?? two men died in a boating accident in this county last week,AND NO AUTOPSY!!!!!!!!
    No autopsy performed on my mother when she passed 8 years ago.

NO autopsy performed on my baby brother who passed from "SIDS" 28 years ago.

NO autopsy performed on my sons father who passed in an accident 24 years ago.
    In FL, at least, no autopsy is required for an "attended" death.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Urine is a valuable survival resource, but not for drinking straight. One can extract the water from urine using a simple distilation process (perhaps using a simple solar still,) collecting and drinking the distillate, while the cocentrated remains can be used for the production of explosives if enough is collected over time. I'm sure there are many places you can go online to find exact instructions for both processes, so I will not go into either. Suffice it to say that one should not drink raw urine, just like one should not drink sea water without distilling it first. No, you can't reclaim enough moisture from your own urine to keep you alive for very long by itself, however it could extend your other water resources by perhaps 10-15% which could make all the difference in a desperate situation.

Chip
    I asked my broker where to put my money. He said canned food and ammo.
    I think I'll just invest in ammo. Roasted zombies are mighty tasty you know.
    Especially the young and tender ones. Napalm sticks to kids!

http://healthlibrary.epnet.com/GetCo...hunkiid=161688here is one link I was looking for
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Hmmmm!!!
    I seen the same along with what Trabitha had posted,but was waiting for someone else to post them!I'm still waiting on the confirmed death by drinking urine.
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Banned

FUN WITH PEE http://www.urinecolors.com/fun_with_pee.php

Can you drink urine?

While many people have claimed some beers tastes like pee, urine is actually supposed to taste salty (due to the trace amounts of chemicals)… we’ll just take someone else’s word for it about the taste of pee. As far as pee being safe to drink… urine is indeed sterile. Your urine is also mostly water. So, that means it’s safe to drink pee? It probably won’t hurt you if you your body is strong and you are healthy. Urine does, however, contain tiny amounts of different chemicals, which can harm a less healthy person. It’s not recommended to drink pee unless it’s a matter of survival. Plus, ewww!