Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will drinking urine in a pinch save your life?

Now, now. No need to get nasty. Everybody play nice.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Duck, duck... you better watch it or BG is going to squeeze you until you poop. Then eat it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fvr View Post
    duck, duck... You better watch it or bg is going to squeeze you until you poop. Then eat it.
    lol,,,,,, lol That quaked me up

As usual, the OP gets lost in the shuffle and most likely not read thoroughly to begin with.
    MM posted legit references (forget BG for 5 seconds) where drinking urine has saved lives.
    Comment on that. And if you can provide documentation where people have died drinking pee, well that would be useful, wouldn't it?

It's nothing more than a lesson in academics. No one is going to be with you at the time so whatever you want to do just do it. Drink, don't drink. It's not a big deal. I won't but you're welcome to.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't Do It! Just Say No to Pee!
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Fine, I don't really care one way or the other. But since we're engaged in a dialogue, we might as well stay with the OP. I do sense that a certain fatigue has set in concerning this.

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you can't let it go.....

Both the US Army Survival Field manual AND the SAS Survival Manual by John "Lofty" Wiseman say NO! Not without distilling it 1st! That's who I'm going to trust. Like Rick said, you do what you want.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Been trained in jungle, mountain, and desert warfare. All say no to drinking peepee.

You can always post one side of the argument and expect the sheep to follow. If you wish to post one side, why not post the other side. Do your homework. If you do not like confrontation, or your skin is too thin, well I won't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    Been trained in jungle, mountain, and desert warfare. All say no to drinking peepee.

You can always post one side of the argument and expect the sheep to follow. If you wish to post one side, why not post the other side. Do your homework. If you do not like confrontation, or your skin is too thin, well I won't go there.
    Who be you and what's the other side?
    Sorry, I'm just a little confused with the tude here.

Blog Entries

I be the Wood Cutter.

The other side is, who is going to ask all the dead if they drank peepee or not, they are dead. Those that live will say it saved their lives, but it did not. They were just lucky.

There is no Tude here. I can tell you that if BG was in my team in the jungle and he pulled his superman take chances BS, his *** would have been ****canned. I don't care if he was some special British SAS or whatever. His ideas and his actions can get numptys killed if they do as he. He is a poser end of story.

Drink your peepee, it won't save your life. Common sense, piss is high in salt, if you are dehydrating are you going to drink salt? No. If you are floating in the ocean and you have no fresh water, will you drink salt water? No. Both will not only contribute to more dehydration, but it will also cause kidney problems and possibly failure. Not to mention the nasty bacteria that you will be consuming.

So you are dehydrating and you drink pee, it may make you throw up. Oh, that's always good when you dehydrate to throw up your last bodily fluids.

No Tude, just common sense.

Blog Entries

Don't drink Pee! Don't drink Pee! Don't drink Pee!
    "Just Get Out!"

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Montana View Post
    I personally think that when it come to getting back to love ones.......I'll do whatever i have to....Period!
    Maybe I'll risk my reputation by saying this with a first post.. but speaking of periods, would you consume your own leakage to survive?

Blog Entries

Cool Excuse me....

Quote Originally Posted by herbadelic View Post
    Maybe I'll risk my reputation by saying this with a first post.. but speaking of periods, would you consume your own leakage to survive?
    If you want any kind of a rep you should trot right on over to the intro section & tell us a bit about yourself 1st before chiming in.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    It's kinda like the question of, would you cut your arm off with a swiss army knife to get free and live, or just die in the crevice?
    Desperate times call for desperate measures, IMO.
    Of course.
    Survival is desperate!
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    What you fail to supply are the cases where people drank their own urine and died. It's like being in a firefight and the gents to the left of you and right of you get killed, it just was not your time.

It's called luck.

As far as the poser Bear G., he would have died along time ago if he did not have his support cast to bail his *** out of his stupid *** stunts. My 8 year old son has even commented on his actions and why he chose to do the stupid things he does. I have no respect for the man. If you want to be one of the sheep that follows his advice then we will be reading about you in the papers, you numpty.

So, drink your pee, squeeze the juices out of crap, eat raw snakes, fish, and insects and feast away. You will get sick and die.
    Well please provide for me the cases were people have died!
    And please I'm asking you!
    I'm sure you find nothing but 3rd world country's that bath in waste everyday.NOT drinking urine to survive on.
    As i can tell already by your response you don't know the first thing about survival!
    Sounds to me that all you ever did was read the military manuals,never had to put them to use and now say you know whats best......there are many like you.....you sir have never been in a real life survival situation or you would know better then to have comments like that.Your a hunter at best!
    Survival is thirst,hunger,despair...I'm am very sure you have never starved before.....trust me you would eat just about anything.I'm sure the military fed you fine!Military manuals are just "General rules" not the bible!
    The military did not go out and seek the advice from NASA phd's or MIT or Berkly U.....Hence they take the cheapest advice and contracts.I was not asking for someone to change my mind,just your thoughts.

My Google works as good as your Google!

Edit:Guess you never heard of Scott O' Grady?
    Guess you never read the same survival manual he did?
    He ate ants to survive for nourishment and entertainment!
    Yea your a survivalist! LMAO!
    Last edited by Melissa Montana; 04-11-2011 at 12:49 AM.
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=I was not asking for someone to change my mind,just your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Good Evening MM,
    As you have noticed, I do not agree with drinking urine. I base this on medical evidence, and training experience. But anyway, as long as you keep that cute profile picture, you can say what you believe. And if your a middle aged man and thats not really you, that's OK, just keep the picture.
    "Just Get Out!"

Blog Entries

Now there goes the picture, too bad I guess we have nothing more to talk about.
    "Just Get Out!"

Quote Originally Posted by pgvoutdoors View Post
    Good Evening MM,
    As you have noticed, I do not agree with drinking urine. I base this on medical evidence, and training experience. But anyway, as long as you keep that cute profile picture, you can say what you believe. And if your a middle aged man and thats not really you, that's OK, just keep the picture.
    No the pix was very much me....have no troubles to the herd that would believe I'm someone else then all i have in defense is exchange emails and yours and you can get on cam with us!
    I just changed it because of the cry baby's! lol
    I have voiced my thoughts on Mr Grylls many times and everyone has there own opinion.

Edit:I have to warn you though it would be about two seconds of me giving the bird to the herd.
    Edit:Stinky Firefox spellcheck.
    Last edited by Melissa Montana; 04-12-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Mitch Hedberg

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by pgvoutdoors View Post
    Now there goes the picture, too bad I guess we have nothing more to talk about.
    That's funny, Mellisa looks just like Bear Grylls!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin