Thread: Fourm Search

Default Fourm Search

I was searching the term Survival Kit when it came up -

The search term you specified (Kit) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

I was wondering why it has to be four characters long ?

Or is there a way to get round this ?
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Blog Entries

Cool Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony uk View Post
    I was searching the term Survival Kit when it came up -

The search term you specified (Kit) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

I was wondering why it has to be four characters long ?

Or is there a way to get round this ?
    I'm not sure, Tony, however, if your looking for info on Survival Kits then go all the way down to the bottom of the page where it says "Forum Jump". Open it up & click on the Forum titled "Survival Kits & Survival Products". Click on that and you'll find all the threads listed including the Sticky on the subject, Ok?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks Sarge
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

It has to do with how the database is setup. For the search each and every word in a post is indexed, by leaving out all the small words 3 characters or less you vastly decrease the size of this index, which makes everything run quicker.

I had the same problem with RIT Dye. Would it have worked if I had specified "RIT Dye"?

SSG..........I tried it for you and it doesn't work.....Are you sure you weren't an officer?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.