Thread: New Survival Magazine coming out.

Default New Survival Magazine coming out.

Just thought I'd share the news. This magazine will be offered as both a print and as an E-zine. They are also offering free copies of the first issue.

http://survivalist.com/

For those that are on FaceBook they also have a page there as well.

http://www.facebook.com/SurvivalMagazine

Some of the topics in the premier issue.....
    Premier Issue Features: The Only True Currency in a Post-Collapse World, Surviving in the Free State, Down to Nothing: Finding Food When You're Desperate,
    Last edited by Pocomoonskyeyes3; 04-08-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Added topics info
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

I just hope the Guy on the cover with his finger on the trigger is not the one teaching the gun safty in the magazine.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Blog Entries

Wow, is the editor any relative of Burt Gummer?
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Looks a little over the top. Several members should enjoy it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Is Bear Grylls involved?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned

I watched the vid, read the 1st issue (canceled my order, as the only way yo get the "FREE" first issue is to subscribe). Right now I prefer to learn more about bushcraft, wilderness living etc.... I already know about a fiat giov't, guns, making things from a VW and all that. I have prepped for those things. Now, I wanna go have some fun in the woods and expand my knowledge of the wilderness around us.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by OhioGrizzLapp View Post
    I watched the vid, read the 1st issue (canceled my order, as the only way yo get the "FREE" first issue is to subscribe). Right now I prefer to learn more about bushcraft, wilderness living etc.... I already know about a fiat giov't, guns, making things from a VW and all that. I have prepped for those things. Now, I wanna go have some fun in the woods and expand my knowledge of the wilderness around us.
    You would probably enjoy the Survival Quarterly out of Ron Hoods' site. They are more outdoorsey and share a lot of the same writing staff with Backwoods magazine. Ron, even though x-SF is more woodcraft-skills oriented with emergency prep as a focus.

http://www.hoodswoods.net/IVB/
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Banned

KY, thanks, so far looks good, I will join later tonight when the docs stop poking things into my orifaces....... nice to see they have a for sale area for paid members. I like buying other peoples junk and selling/trading mine w/o using Ebay, I refuse to be forced to use a payment system that does not support gun rights, eBay and Paypal are both staunch anti-gun folks. I use the auction sites for the gun shops guns, but my personal guns I like to trade and deal with real folk, not buyers and sellers looking for a steal.

The one area of bushcraft I am lacking are hang traps, snares and poles.....most of the other areas I have self taught through online and in person instructions. Water, fire, shelter, wild cordage, camp craft etc I feel I have down pretty well and do those things pretty much by instinct now.

Wild edibles is another area I am working on...I need to learn the more obscure stuff, I have the basics down pat in all 4 seasons.

Dr. Ron Hood is going through his own survial situation right now. In January he was diagnosed with an aggressive prostate cancer.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel