Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual Member Get Together Formerly Known as Prince..I Mean Indiana Jamboree

The list so far..

Equus
    Poco
    The boys
    PGVoutdoors
    Rick
    Laughingbeetle
    Kyratshooter
    Crash
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Sparky if you need a way there give Poco and I a call. We are like 7 miles from either city. We do all of our shopping in Glasgow but we can get you. PM me if you need the number.

I got my vacation changed so I am good to go. Right now the boys are outside with Mel making fire with a magnifying glass and the sun. Robbie has been practicing with his fire bow.

I am glad that my boys love the outdoors. Robbie just made fire with the magnifying glass and so did Bret. My boys are growing up.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 07-27-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Removed phone number
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

(Equus is looking out the window. Poco is running around with his shirt on fire)

The boys were successful.....................................
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! ! Excuse me while I clean the coffee from the monitor...again.
    Turtle Clan/Coffee Addicts Anonymous

Yep just glad he is doing it while I am home so incase something goes wrong someone can handle it. LOL
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    (Equus is looking out the window. Poco is running around with his shirt on fire)

The boys were successful.....................................
    Don't laugh unless you have kids!

My two covered my eyeglasses with shaving cream while I was napping and then yelled FIRE!

Oh for the good old days. My daughter now has a boy the same age she was when she pulled that stunt.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Equus - I edited your post to remove your phone number and swap it out for a PM request if Sparky needs it. You can change it back if you like, but IMO that info on an open forum could be used for nefarious purposes.

OK, OK - I just wanted to use the word nefarious in a sentence.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That is something that my boys would do if they thought of it. Glad that they can't read real good yet. I have to stay one step ahead of them including dad because they come up with some off the wall stuff to do. My biggest fear is them trying to do this when Poco isn't paying attention.

It is awesome mom come look is what my youngest said to me. Screaming at me we Made Fire!!!!!! LOL

Don't be surprised if my boys want to help with the fire making at the Jamboree now!!!! LOL

The boys did a Mosquito smoke out today. For about 10 minutes all they had was smoking grass(The kind in the yard, NOT the funny kind!) They were so proud I HAD to find the camera....Which was NOT where it was supposed to be. So after @ 10 minutes searching for it, I FINALLY Found it!

The video is kinda' long about 15 minutes of huffing and puffing and piling on more grass. Finally though they had fire. They would NOT stop until they had fire.

Lessons learned.... Be sure to do this WITH A FIRE PLACE! I THOUGHT we could get some grass smoldering, they'd see the glowing ember and that would be that, stomp it out and go on to something else. WRONG! Now we have a burned spot in the grass in the yard. Oh well, it will grow back....probably thicker there.

I'll post it in Gen. Chat, so as to not FURTHER hijack this thread, and provide a link to it here.....Once it is uploaded to YouTube. I was surprised actually, the Magnifying Glass was just a $1 el cheapo keychain type.
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

If anyone sleeps in late and you wake up to a hot spot on your rump it's just the boys making fire. The giggles are free.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

HaHa Rick. I'm up before the boys! Anyway here's the link to the thread for the boys....
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-old-can-do-it.
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The boys are getting big, soon they'll be the one's getting up early to make the biscuits and putting on the coffee. Or, do they do that already, because that would work out great at the jamboree.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Phil - If you are keeping track for any reason I just rented #2 next to you.

If you have your CCW permit then you can check here to see if Kentucky honors it.

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal...state-laws.php

Blog Entries

Default Important Information

Annual Member Get Together 2011
    (formally known as the Indiana Jamboree)

Location: Maple Springs Campground - group sites 2,3,4 (Mammoth Cave, Kentucky)
    Dates: Friday October 21st - Sunday October 23rd
    If you plan to attend, PM crashdive123 and he'll put your name on a list that is updated and posted regularly.

See the following posts for more information:
    No. 66 Campground Info
    No. 68 Campground Info/ Report
    No. 70 Fishing Info
    No. 73 Canoeing Info
    No. 83 Campground Info
    No. 102 Firewood & Camping Regulations
    No. 112 Google Map & aerial photography of the campground
    No. 113 Lake Nolin & Green River Lake
    No. 114 Kentucky Fishing & Boating Guide 2011, pdf
    No. 117 River Ferry Limitations
    No. 118 Flying in with limited gear, PM Kyratshooter for possible help with equipment
    No. 133 CCW Laws
    No. 142 Group sites and how we will share the cost
    No. 149 Boating, Canoeing, & Kayaking the Green and Nolin Rivers
    Last edited by pgvoutdoors; 07-28-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: updated information
    "Just Get Out!"

Blog Entries

That's great Rick, that gives us three sites now - numbers 2, 3, 4.
    "Just Get Out!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pgvoutdoors View Post

WANTED

Men and women wanted for a great journey into the land of Kentucky. No wages. Great Fall weather. Long weekend with the possibility of dinner in the dark. Safe return likely. Honor and recognition upon success.

Boots In The Field!
    When I first posted this I thought I would get a few comments, it's a play on words for a famous advertisement for an expedition. Does anyone know who wrote the original? "Boots In The Field" that's Sourdough.
    Last edited by pgvoutdoors; 07-28-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    "Just Get Out!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Phil - If you are keeping track for any reason I just rented #2 next to you.

If you have your CCW permit then you can check here to see if Kentucky honors it.

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal...state-laws.php
    OK now I'm confused.... I thought it was a GROUP campsite, and the whole campsite was already covered?

Blog Entries

Yes, these are group campsites and we currently have plenty of room for the people that are coming to camp. Each site allows 24 people to camp. By having a few sites we give ourselves plenty of room to spread out. The sites are not too expensive so reserving a little extra room now ensures us the space we may need as more people decide to attend in the future.
    "Just Get Out!"

Quote Originally Posted by pgvoutdoors View Post
    Yes, these are group campsites and we currently have plenty of room for the people that are coming to camp. Each site allows 24 people to camp. By having a few sites we give ourselves plenty of room to spread out. The sites are not too expensive so reserving a little extra room now ensures us the space we may need as more people decide to attend in the future.
    So now we have enough room theoretically for 72 people?

Blog Entries

Yes, but the combination of the three sites will not hold 72 individual tents. So, Right now I'm figuring on six maybe eight tents per site. The number of people staying at each site will depend on how many people per tent. If you're able to get over to the campground and check it out for me, we'll have a more precise idea of how many tents we can put up. Right now with three sites, we have a lot of room.
    "Just Get Out!"