Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual Member Get Together Formerly Known as Prince..I Mean Indiana Jamboree

If I go in looking like that and come out looking like Brad Pitt I'll be happy. If I come out looking like Brad Pitt AND have his bank account I'll be overjoyed.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Sorry you won't be able to make it Rick. Looks like you're gonna have company Krat.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Just to update who will be there and the food list/thingie for Saturday.

Attendees:

Equus
    Poco
    The boys
    Laughingbeetle
    Kyratshooter
    Roar-K
    Crash

MenuChicken
    Campfire Spicy Chicken Breasts ala Crash.
    Kyratshooter

Bread

Vegetables

Drinks

Desert
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For all of you that can make it, have fun and post some pictures when you get back. I wish I could make it, maybe next year. Have a safe trip!
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Maybe when you all get tired of the snow we can do a North Florida Jamboree later this year or early next.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Maybe when you all get tired of the snow we can do a North Florida Jamboree later this year or early next.
    Sounds good.

Ya'll have a safe trip to the fall get-together.

Wish I could come, Y'all have fun.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Safe travels to all. Have a great time.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    And another note to those traveling in from the north. The Interstate 64 bridge over the Ohio has been closed for about 6 months do the structural problems. The only other bridge that crosses the Ohio at Louisville at I65 has a 3-4 hour wait because of the increased traffic load. So you may want to cross at another location.
    An update on this, as I live in Louisville and drive the bridge, from Indiana to Kentucky to and from work every day. It actually only closed Sep 9th. It will be closed till March at least but open by July. The bumper to bumper stuff will add maybe 30 to 45 minutes to your trip if you hit within 2 hours of rush hours (7:00 am to 9:30am and 3:30 to 6:00pm) it might add an hour. If you are coming south down I65 just stay in the left lane from exit 3, Indiana side, across the bridge and you are under 20 minutes to go the last 3 miles before the bridge. If you get wind the bridge is shut down due to a wreck there is a second bridge, though smaller, called the Second Street Bridge and it's right next to the main bridge. Just be prepared to get your map out. The freeway splits at about exit 3 and runs parallel with I65 over the Second Street Bridge. At that point you come out in downtown Louisville and just go south until you pick up I65 signs.

If you are coming from Illinois you could cross in Evansville Indiana or closer to Louisville in Corydon Indiana. However, if I was coming from the Illinois I would still shoot through Louisville. It won't be as bad as you think. If you are coming from the east through Cincinnati your fine.

I might be down for the day or evenings yet. A lot going on to close the garden out and winter prep the cars. Being new to the forum I'd like to get to know people. I'm actually system admin of a Kentucky Preppers site and we have a campout their Nov 4,5,6.

Thanks for the update. That's good info for everyone. I can't make it this year and I'm bummed out about it. I actually have surgery on Tuesday so I didn't even get a vote. But if you can go down for a day I think you would enjoy it. It's a fun time and a great way to meet some of the folks. It's sort of like a mini rendezvous and no one has come up missing yet. That's always a plus.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hope you can make it Bunker - look forward to meeting you.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

To all and sundry attending, Have a great time and don't forget... Pictures or it didn't happen!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

If I can keep from falling in the water (again) I will take a lot of pictures.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well Mel and I will have peach cobbler, he is also making chicken and dumplings, and I will provide drinks.

I was going to pick up some coke, sprite, hot cocoa packets, and some hot apple cider packets. If there is something else that someone would like to drink let me know.

Mel and I are going to set camp Friday morning around 11 am I think. Then we have to head back and get the boys from school and then we will return.
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

Just to update who will be there and the food list/thingie for Saturday.

Attendees:

Equus
    Poco
    The boys
    Laughingbeetle
    Kyratshooter
    Roar-K
    Crash

MenuChicken
    Kyratshooter
    Chicken & Dumplings - Poco/Equus

Bread

Vegetables
    World famou veggie wad - Crash

Drinks
    Soda, cider, hot cocoa - Poco/Equus

Desert
    Peach cobbler - Poco/Equus
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I am looking forward to this trip this year. I think it will be a blast just like it has every year. A great way to meet new friends and talk with old friends. I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Crash is your wife coming?
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

One of these years I need to attend one (or more) of these events, as it is i'm heading out my self but a different direction.....Hope y'all stay safe and have a good time.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    I am looking forward to this trip this year. I think it will be a blast just like it has every year. A great way to meet new friends and talk with old friends. I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Crash is your wife coming?
    She is not coming this year.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

This is sooo close to me, but I can't make it due to work restrictions. I know that I have only been a member here for a few months, but it would be great to meet you guys in person. Maybe we can plan another in the spring?

I hope that you guys have fun and travel safely. Can't wait to see pics!

Our numbers are dwindling. Unfortunately RoarK cannot attend. I hope that everybody else on the list, and a few others can make it, even if only for the day. I'm still pretty jazzed about the trip. I'll be heading out on Thursday morning.

Question for Krat - not sure what time you will be arriving. Do you want to PM those attending the name that the site is reserved under in case some get there before you. I guess the first one there can pay for the site and we can settle up after everybody arrives.

Attendees:

Equus
    Poco
    The boys
    Laughingbeetle
    Kyratshooter
    Crash

MenuChicken
    Kyratshooter
    Chicken & Dumplings - Poco/Equus

Bread

Vegetables
    World famou veggie wad - Crash

Drinks
    Soda, cider, hot cocoa - Poco/Equus

Desert
    Peach cobbler - Poco/Equus
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel