Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual Member Get Together Formerly Known as Prince..I Mean Indiana Jamboree

Blog Entries

Winnie, I might be able to get to a student exchange program on the Isle of Wight next year(after the summer holiday, hopefully..) Maybe then, If I get there.
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

We've done Indiana and Tennessee so I'd suggest Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan or Wisconsin. Since we generally seem to have more from the south I'd suggest Kentucky or Southern Ohio but I'm open to any place at all.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Ooh the Ise of Wight's good. If you can get there in August, it's Cowes week! http://www.redfunnel.co.uk/island-gu...er/cowes-week/ Failing that you'd love the Dragon boat races http://www.anthonynolan.org/What-you...e-Dragons.aspx
    And finally the Pilot gig races.http://www.intocornwall.com/features/gigracing.asp I think there are other events held later on in the year. If you look at the gigs, you'll see the similarity to Ursula.
    Last edited by Winnie; 04-08-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Cow's week? I'm in.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

That would be utterly too cool! Besides, I've heard that you English can make decent beer there. Might end up being a pleasant trip. Although prolly I won't get there as early as august, more like September-October... But nothing is certain about that trip yet.
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

Land Between the Lakes or Mammoth Cave are always fun places to go.

Quote Originally Posted by roar-k View Post
    Land Between the Lakes or Mammoth Cave are always fun places to go.
    Well if it's Mammoth Cave we might be able to stop by. That's REAL close to us, less than 40 miles away.
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

South is good. Did anybody check out the links in RX's thread?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Yes, NCO we do very good Beer, just stay away from the West Country Scrumpy Cider! That stuff will anaethsetise your kness, send you blind and stop any form of normal speech!!
    Anyway, when the time comes, I'm sure I can rally round a few troops to make a drinking team.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well it's getting to the end of April, has any more thought been given to this years Jamboree? I would like to see a date agreed upon soon, as most of us need to plan well ahead. I'll look into some locations that might be of interest. We all need to get involved - don't worry, it doesn't hurt.

For everyone that lives too far for this rendezvous, please consider promoting one in your area. Our prior two have been real fun and it's nice to meet some of the forum members.
    Last edited by pgvoutdoors; 04-27-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Banned

I wish there were more people near Southern California that would be interested ,,,,

Blog Entries

If you do it in late September or early October I could actually come as I'll be back by mid to late September, Ohio, Ky, Indy, is real good for me. This is granting I don't have any unforseen problems like a bullet in the arse... lol
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Whatever dates work for most people. I know that last year's weather was perfect for the location we were at.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We just lucked into that weather. We should decide now if we want it early, mid, or late Summer. Shoot, we could even wait till Fall if we wanted, but it would be best if we all decided on a time we would like to go.

Blog Entries

I would like to have it in the Fall, the parks are much less busy except for the Fall foliage seekers.
    "Just Get Out!"

Blog Entries

Here is one suggestion for a location.

Bluestone Wildlife Management Area, southern West Virginia
    http://www.bluestonewma.com/camping.html

Map (pdf)
    http://www.bluestonewma.com/Blueston...gementArea.pdf

I haven't been there but would be willing to go down to check it out. If anyone has been there, please leave some feedback about the place.
    "Just Get Out!"

Gosh. That's getting out of the "Midwest". I know some of the Wisconsin folks had expressed an interest as well.

Phil - What about East Fork east of Cincinnatti? Have you been there? They have all sorts of trails ranging from 1/2 mile up to a 32 mile and lots of trails in the 3 and 5 miles range. They even offer a 14 mile trail. It looks like it's on a Corps of Engineers lake.

Blog Entries

I've been there, it's a nice park but busy in the summer. It has everything a park could offer. It would be a good choice.

Park Info:
    http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/par...2/Default.aspx

Park Map:
    http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/2...orkparkmap.pdf

Campground Map:
    http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/2...orkcampmap.pdf

Fishing License Info:
    http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/..._licenses.aspx
    Last edited by pgvoutdoors; 04-28-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: added link
    "Just Get Out!"

About what time of the year would ya be thinkin, and where at?

Blog Entries

RR - nothing decided yet, taking input to decide soon.
    "Just Get Out!"