Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Annual Member Get Together Formerly Known as Prince..I Mean Indiana Jamboree

KY has probably already paid for it. You'll need to settle up with him. I paid at the time I reserved the one I had.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Just to give you an idea of the temps here. It is raining right now. Rain should clear out by Thursday night. Friday through Sunday is nice
    weather.

Here are the temps for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    Friday Saturday Sunday
    hi 61* 63* 66*
    low 35* 35* 39*

The temps could drop to 32* here at night. So my suggestion for everyone is to bring a jacket for the night temps. Bring like a sweat shirt for
    during the day temps. I look forward to seeing everyone coming.

My boys are like are we going yet? I keep telling them that no not yet in a few more days. They are so excited.

Crash I am sorry that your wife isn't coming tell her I will miss not seeing her this year.
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

I have a question as well. Is there anyone allergic to dogs? Mel and I were going to bring our puppies with us. I want to find out if anyone is
    allergic dogs.

One is a German Shepard and the other puppy is a mix.
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

I love dogs. You should look at the park rules for pets though. Always on a leash, and never in the camp unattended. If we all go hiking or on a cave tour that may become an issue.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well I don't think Mel and I will be going on the cave tour this year. So we will be staying in camp. If I go on a hike the dogs will go with us as well. I just didn't want to bring
    them if someone was allergic to them.

With all the rain they are getting the rivers will probably be up. You all stay safe!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Will do. Time for bed then an early start tomorrow morning. For those that are minding the store - try and stay out of trouble.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

What time is everyone thinking they may get there?

Mel and I may head up around 10ish to set camp. We then will come back to the house to wait for the boys to get out of school and then we will head back up there. I am going to call tomorrow to make sure that the ferry will be going across Friday. We have had some rain here so hopefully it is high enough. I think it will be because we are over what we normally get here this year for rainfall.

Drive safely Crash.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Will do. Time for bed then an early start tomorrow morning. For those that are minding the store - try and stay out of trouble.
    Did you see that there Rick?He's casting nasturtiums, I don't think he trusts us to steer the ship in his absence......
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I confess I was taken a little aback by the comment. It's not like we go looking for trouble. It just sort of finds us, which isn't our fault. I'll look out for you if you look out for me. 2D and Pal with have to work something out on their own. I don't know what the mule is going to do.

One more day everyone and then we get to have fun. This is going to be a lot of fun.

The campground is NW of the visitors center. Here's a map for those that may be needing to see......
    http://www.nps.gov/pwr/customcf/apps...ational%20Park

Called the ferry and it is Operating, so that shouldn't be a problem.(We've had rain for the last few days, so that helped If it was an issue to begin with. From 6 AM - 9:55 PM is the hours of operation for the GREEN RIVER Ferry.) If you are using the DeLorme Kentucky Atlas it is on P.65 Center Left side of page.(That's what we have)
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I am at work right now and will be foraging for supplies for the next few hours.

We are in campsite #3. I will not arrive until late afternoon with the reservation printout so do not let the rangers run you off the site.

The campsite is rented in one of my aliases in case anyone asks; Leon Stancliff.

Are towed artillery pieces allowed in federal parks? How about on the ferry?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

As long as they are howitzers they should fit on the ferry. Those long toms probably won't though. I can honestly say I've never read any rule that forbids the use of artillery in a state or federal park.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I confess I was taken a little aback by the comment. It's not like we go looking for trouble. It just sort of finds us, which isn't our fault. I'll look out for you if you look out for me. 2D and Pal with have to work something out on their own. I don't know what the mule is going to do.
    I have your back, Rick. That Mule should be scent trained. It could find the boat then.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

The sign in for Maple Springs is 12 noon. KYrat I am not sure if I would bring down the artillery pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I am at work right now and will be foraging for supplies for the next few hours.

We are in campsite #3. I will not arrive until late afternoon with the reservation printout so do not let the rangers run you off the site.

The campsite is rented in one of my aliases in case anyone asks; Leon Stancliff.

Are towed artillery pieces allowed in federal parks? How about on the ferry?
    No firearms, weapons or fireworks allowed.
    Green river ferry hours: 6 am-9:55 pm, ferry cannot accommodate trailers or large vehicles
    from.....
    http://www.recreation.gov/campground...O&parkId=70948
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Pocomoonskyeyes3 View Post
    No firearms, weapons or fireworks allowed.
    Green river ferry hours: 6 am-9:55 pm, ferry cannot accommodate trailers or large vehicles
    from.....
    http://www.recreation.gov/campground...O&parkId=70948
    OK Just got off the phone with the park and need to clarify the above. For the intended purpose of the weapons we will have. I.E Tomahawks, Bow and arrows, stuff like that where we would be using these on TARGETS, They are OK. As long as we don't use them on trees, animals etc.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    For those that are minding the store - try and stay out of trouble.
    Yea Sarge and Rick. There could be a power vacuum.