Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual Member Get Together Formerly Known as Prince..I Mean Indiana Jamboree

Default Annual Member Get Together Formerly Known as Prince..I Mean Indiana Jamboree

Anyone up for a repeat this summer?

(I shamelessly stole HA's post from last year.)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hopefully I can fit it in my schedule this year.
    You talking Indiana?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'm talking where ever folks want to meet.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

wouldn't it be 3rd annual ?

Er, uh, yeah, it does.

I'm game if my schedule allows.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'm talking where ever folks want to meet.
    How about here?
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Banned

I have PTO on the job now. So with at least a months notice I can make it 90% guaranteed. 10% being unforeseen problems, like 15 other people want the same time period off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Anyone up for a repeat this summer?

(I shamelessly stole HA's post from last year.)
    It's not stealing if I give my consent.......Oh wait a minute I didn't. STOP THIEF!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Maybe I should have a 1st Annual Finland Jamboree all by my self....
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

Hmmm, I would like to attend but I am afraid I would throw away too much food again.....

Quote Originally Posted by roar-k View Post
    Hmmm, I would like to attend but I am afraid I would throw away too much food again.....
    Which brings up a good point..... Maybe we should plan the meals!
    We may not be able to make it this year. Looks kinda' doubtful with Dottie's show schedule(horses) and her vacation time being used for that.
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by roar-k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocomoonskyeyes3 View Post
    Which brings up a good point..... Maybe we should plan the meals!
    We may not be able to make it this year. Looks kinda' doubtful with Dottie's show schedule(horses) and her vacation time being used for that.
    One of the things that we talked about as we were unable to get out of our chairs following Saturday's meal was to plan a single meal and everybody bring a piece of that puzzle.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    One of the things that we talked about as we were unable to get out of our chairs following Saturday's meal was to plan a single meal and everybody bring a piece of that puzzle.
    If work/location allows, I'd like to come. If not if someone is coming through here and has room I can send the danish ( the pastry not the people) and some treats along if you guys want them.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would like to attend again, I should be able to make it on most dates if we choose a date a few months ahead of time.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Well that's what I am talking about friends! The more the merrier! I will bring some canned goods with me to share and give away, but it may not be the best.

I am up for it if the work schedule allows. Is this a week end thing? Really will need to know the specific date so I can make arrangements. Usually work weekends only once a month..but am told that if the situation warrants we can work weekends mid month too. Just let me know the time and place as soon as it gets decided on..I am looking forward to the chance of meeting a bunch of you.
    Turtle Clan/Coffee Addicts Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by laughingbeetle View Post
    I am up for it if the work schedule allows. Is this a week end thing? Really will need to know the specific date so I can make arrangements. Usually work weekends only once a month..but am told that if the situation warrants we can work weekends mid month too. Just let me know the time and place as soon as it gets decided on..I am looking forward to the chance of meeting a bunch of you.
    Yes it's usually a weekend event, but some people will get there on Thursday because they like to have more time to relax.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCO View Post
    Maybe I should have a 1st Annual Finland Jamboree all by my self....
    I have one every year the same time this goes on, in my garden. We could always have a European one on the Orkneys!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

well if we decide to stay on the modern side and have wi-fi we could always video conference you in and have you around the campfire! haha.