Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Annual Member Get Together Formerly Known as Prince..I Mean Indiana Jamboree

I mapped the JAX to Mammoth. 11.5 hours. I bet Crash is getting close if he went straight through.

Has anyone heard from Crash? I wonder where he is at tonight.
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

Just got back. We stayed after everyone else had left. Everyone don't expect a bunch of pics for a bit, Crash was the only one with a camera as we had forgotten ours. It may be a few days before he can get around to them, as he took a BUNCH of pics and stuff while he waited for everyone to get there, and while he went on the Cave tours too. We just got everything unloaded and just sat down for a bit, so I thought I'd give everyone a heads up. Will post more after a bit.
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Crash is probably in south GA right now. I got home 2 horus ago and have been unloading gear. Crash has all the pictures and he will probably be whipped when he gets home.

I would not expect a slide show until tomorrow.

You that did not attend missed one good time.

TEOTWAWKI I have first dibs on Crash's pickup if he does not make it out the other side.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I would really like to thank everyone that put together gifts and door prizes for the group. They will be well used and appriciated.

We were all like kids inb a candy shop!

Yes it was a great weekend. I absolutely loved it. It was a little chilly but overall nice. Like a silly goose I forgot my camera even though I had it written on my list. I loved the gifts that I got this year. I have already started using the mora.

I will take pictures of what we got tomorrow to show everyone. Hopefully next year more people will be able to come. I missed seeing everyone that went last year.
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

Glad y'all had a good time, looking forward to pics!
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I made it back safely last night at about 10. It was a wonderful weekend with perfect weather. I did a little exploring on the way up on Thursday, so didn't make it to Mammoth until Friday morning. As I drove into the park (about 6:30 am) I saw what I believe were more deer in one area than I had ever seen before. I think they know where the park boundaries are. The conversations with their young probably go something like " Now listen dear. Don't get all doe eyed while you're out eating. Pay attention to the park boundaries. You are safe inside the park. If you leave the park then it's BAM, and no good will come of that. I know you're stubborn, but don't buck me on this".
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'll get the pictures up a bit later - it'll take a little while to process and download them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

More on this later - but I really want to thank Rebel and Rick for the generous door prizes that they sent to the Jamboree. In the tradition of Jamboree's past, we drew names on Saturday after the peach cobbler settled (well - since there were four of us, we didn't draw all that many names) and handed out the "door prizes". Not only were the gifts that Rick and Rebel sent thoughtful, they will be extremely useful. Thanks again guys.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yes thank you all.

So everyone made it there, and home again with no drama?
    Fun to go....good to get back......
    Congrats guys.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Mammoth caves are great, I went after visiting a friend in Summer Shade.
    "In a jam, the best friend you have is yourself." -Dick Proenneke

Yes it was a fun and exciting time there.

I did find this one article.....

Mammoth Times

Mammoth Cave Kentucky - Kentucky Search and Rescue were called into action this past week-end when four visitors to the park got lost during the cave tour. "It was an unusual operation," said Willy Findum, director of the state's SAR program. "We assumed they made a wrong turn into an unopened section of the caverns. Instead, we found them in the Frozen Niagara section collecting flow stone for knife scales. We caution our visitors to leave the caves as they find them and not remove any artifacts. The 500 pounds of flowstone have been returned to the cave."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

They would have made some pretty snazzy handles too!

Here are a few pictures of the gang. Remember the first Jamboree? Remember Robbie and Bret still in diapers? Time sure does fly.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Equus comforting one of the boys.

KRat relaxing.

Poco chasing butterflies. (careful - the men in the white coats said don't make him mad)

Pictures of everybody sporting their snazzy new blue bandanas that they received from Rebel.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Seems like you can't get much more "Right" than a Kentucky kid and a brindle hound dog in the woods together.

Hokey Smokes!!!! Those boys are sure growing. Those are a couple of fine looking young men. Love 'em a lot while you can they will be grown in the blink of an eye.

I sure hated to miss this year. I'm sorry too that only four were able to make but glad Krat joined in. At least more are seeing what a really fun time this is. Not only is the camaraderie great but the food is as well.

Did you guys think the plan for the food this year went a little better? I know that only four makes it hard to judge but was just wondering if sharing parts of the meal worked.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yeah - the food worked out very well. Since the group was so small we changed it up at the last minute so that there wouldn't be so much waste. KRat cooked the chicken, Mel did the peach cobbler and I did a big veggie wad.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That last one sounds a bit painful and probably a lot more information than we needed.