Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey all, I am in the hospital for a time being

Banned

Default Hey all, I am in the hospital for a time being

Ok, so I am in the hospital for about 1 1/2 weeks, went in Monday nite. Seems as though even at my dry weight from dialysis, I still carry too much fluids on me and that caused a congestive heart issue.

I am told I am ok, need to rest for about a week and a half and then I can get back a lil to normal. I am also told that I need to slow down a lil more and take in less fluids during the day and watch sodium, phosphates and potasium.......

I have my lap top in the room, please feel free to send me email at ohiohikingstick@aol.com.

If anyone has orders or expecting anything from me snail mail wise, send me an email and I will have my daughter get on it right away. She does not know how to work my data base, so she cannot look your orders up. But I can do all of that and forward her the info. I am going to create a member profile for her here. It will show my same addy, but it will be hers. I will make sure she does an introduction so y'all know who she is.

I have the scout troops running the shows and festivals. My brother is running the classes in rustic furniture making. The nursing staff finds it kind of weird that I have a survival kit in my drawer of the bed stand.

Otherwise, I am fine and still a curmudgeon at heart.... never fear, the grumpy ole me will still be alive for a bit

Regards
    Mike

I'm glad to hear things are looking up and hope you feel better soon. I'm puzzled though, I thought curmudgeons were to ornery to get sick. LOL

Sorry to hear of your illness, Mike.

Get well soon. (And don't be too hard on the nurses while you're laid-up.)

Chip
    I asked my broker where to put my money. He said canned food and ammo.
    I think I'll just invest in ammo. Roasted zombies are mighty tasty you know.
    Especially the young and tender ones. Napalm sticks to kids!

Banned

Oh geez Mike,, sorry to hear you are stuck in the hospital,, i wondered where you were,, I am glad you got in and are ok,,,, Hang in there ! (ps,,, I hear sponge baths help the heart )

Banned
    Blog Entries

If you don't make it...............Any chance that Girl Friend likes cold weather........???? Just kidding. Get well soon. If it starts looking bleek, I could sure use that Ruger .44 Auto.

Take care of yourself and get well soon.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well take advantage of them nurses.Get well soon!

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

In the meanwhile:
    I was in the hospital the other day and saw a cute nurse. I asked her for her number and you know what she told me? 911!
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

No more heavy metal for you, mister. Leave the potassium and sodium alone! I have it on good authority that the nurse's station does have ice cream. You might ask about it. Just sayin'......Get well soon.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Get well soon OGL!

Banned
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Rick;291292 I have it on good authority that the nurse's station does have ice cream. You might ask about it. Just sayin'......Get well soon.[/QUOTE]

Yes, well that was my first experience with "Beaver Fever"......I think I was 11 years old.

Good lord, OGL!!! How did you manage to get yourself all cozyied up with the hot & cold running nurses?
    Get well and get out before all the guys start getting jealous. You know Sourdough is getting ideas already.

Awww get well soon Mike!
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Get well soon!
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Glad to had your gonna be alright. Get well soon.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Blog Entries

Crikey,look after yourself in there, we had a friend who went in with Dingleberryitis and had probes stuck in allsorts of places. We almost had to deploy the F.A.R.Ts on a covert rescue mission. So whatever you do, don't bend over! Get well soon.
    Last edited by Winnie; 04-07-2011 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Banned

Thanks everyone, I guess I just needed the rest.

Sadly, NO Ice cream, has dang phosphates in it. They do have frozen fruit bars that are pretty good though I am allowed the wonderful green or orange jello too LOL

Hmmm the nurses, well this is a US Gov't VA Hospital....I'll let ya figure out how the nurses look LOL Although with each application if Dilaudid, they are truly getting much better looking

Ranger, I keep looking for the 11 key on this new fangled cell phone my daughter gave me......

SD - .44 Ruger International Carbine....rightttttttttt, see, you were too late, I already put Melissa Montana in my will for it.......Rick gets all my EBR stuff, Hunter63 gets my reload bench and all the ammunition, Crash gets all the knives except one, Randy gets all the Gun Smitty Stuff, Winnie gets my Kit (the whole kit ), .....daughter gets the money, house, cabin, condo in Idaho and all the bills LOLOLOL......... Now, I wonder who gets my fancy outhouse built just for the GF.......just follow the rainbow (don't let the exterior fool you, at least it has a door ..... to the PINK Pot......

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by OhioGrizzLapp; 04-07-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Sorry to hear . As I am frequently reminded: " Act your age, behave and listen to the doctors and the nurses!!!!" (ya right) Get well soon
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

That bathroom is just wrong. Now if it were in camo.......
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.