Thread: Liers.....LIERS.....What went wrong...?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Liers.....LIERS.....What went wrong...?

What ever happened to truth.......? How do you respond to a disaster if you are given false information every step of the way. Everyone dispensing lies in the Japan disaster should be hung for treason. I seems that lying is the norm we live in, and we have accepted this distorted illusion and woven it into our daily existence. Our collective LACK of outrage, and demand for justice is appalling.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fukus...cracked-2011-4

You've obviously never worked a disaster. Getting accurate information, even first hand, is next to impossible sometimes. There are plenty of other utility folks on here and they are free to back me up or refute me as they see fit.

I've worked two huge tornado disasters and one flood disaster and the only thing I knew to be somewhat true was what was in front of me. The old adage of "believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see" couldn't be more true. It's just the nature of the chaos that ensues. I've had meetings one on one with power foremen and told them, "We're working that alley. Let us know when the power goes on," only to have trees explode in flames next to me because someone energized the line and didn't tell us it was going to happen. Crews were dispatched to one location and repairmen to another and both are waiting on the other to show up. Someone wants something done and you're up to your fanny in snapping alligators that you think are just as important (fix the hospital vs the fire department for example. Try explaining to the hospital administrator why you're leaving).

I can't imagine what it was like inside of those reactor buildings after the explosion. But I'd bet good money it was nothing short of Dante's Hell. My guess is they gave out the information they knew to be true at the time. Sometimes, it's a best guess because you really don't know but the evidence suggests one thing and it later turns out to be another.

It's pretty easy to sit in front of this computer and make judgement calls on them but I wouldn't be too harsh. We might have done the exact same thing had we been the ones there.

Do some men lie to cover their arse? You bet. Company image, personal reputation, ego, take your pick. But most dispense wrong information because that's what they had and they thought it to be true at the time.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

As A Firefighter I knew this was true,, In Fact in many cases the Police, Fire, whoever depend on the media reports just like everybody else until they get on scene and do their own evaluations,,,, then the rolls reverse.....

That's why I tried to caution folks to wait and see. I figured that whatever was being reported was a mix of truths, half truths and untruths. There just wasn't any evidence to support either side. After they get this thing contained there will be a prolonged investigation to determine whether the information was just inaccurate or everyone was lied to. Even then, we may not know the truth.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

I told ya all, it can only get worse and not better.

And you were right. You're fortunate that the coin you flipped landed "It's gonna get worse" side up.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Right from the get'go I felt that everything they were saying was a verbal: "Spin & Pray like hell". But it goes far beyond that disaster. It just seems that we live in a sea of deception. And we accept it rather than demand the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Right from the get'go I felt that everything they were saying was a verbal: "Spin & Pray like hell". But it goes far beyond that disaster. It just seems that we live in a sea of deception. And we accept it rather than demand the truth.
    You can demand all you want--kick and scream and hold your breath, unless...
    But you know durn well SD, this has been going on for centuries in all cultures. It's the nature of humankind, to spin, distort and lie. I've come to expect nothing less. In fact, even if I heard the truth I'd doubt it. (maybe it's living in NYC too long.)

Banned

Who are ya gonna complain to... all those folks are the ones in charge....they will select some poor bastid to commit seppuku or hara-kiri and all will be settled in their minds.....they will apply Taguchi Quality Engineering techniques to the issue and problem and amass an out-house (with out a door) load of statistics...... to come to a conclusion of "Hoi, we should not have built on a fault line and on the shore where we know we could get Tsunamis....(slight bow)....Ongisan."

No coin flip at all Rick, simple knowledge of idiots in charge, the lil bit I know about nukes and the fact that Japanese will lie to save honor in the beginning and then blame one person later.
    Last edited by OhioGrizzLapp; 04-02-2011 at 09:37 AM.

there's lies, dam lies and statistics LOL.

in the case of the japanese it's not lies it's propaganda

Banned

Hoi, dear Ongisan Farmer, please do not worry your cow now has 42 teets....you will be able to supply the honorable children of Japan with even more cooked milk.

Let's not disparage an entire nation of people, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That's why I tried to caution folks to wait and see. I figured that whatever was being reported was a mix of truths, half truths and untruths. There just wasn't any evidence to support either side. After they get this thing contained there will be a prolonged investigation to determine whether the information was just inaccurate or everyone was lied to. Even then, we may not know the truth.
    Amazing.....

Thank you! Yes, your remark could be taken either way but here I can choose to be optimistic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Survivalist View Post
    Amazing.....
    Grace, How sweet the sound ,,,,,

We may be watching the world falling into total collapse but I do enjoy the view from this forum!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Thank you! Yes, your remark could be taken either way but here I can choose to be optimistic.
    In this case the silver glow around the cloud is from the radiation.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Much as I agree with the opinion that all the lies and misinformation should be punishable by painful dishonorable death, consider the fact that 100 years ago, we wouldn't even known it was happening.
    "I'd rather be rich than stupid. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick first." - hossthehermit

You are wasting your time demanding anything you are not willing to take by force.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.