Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: it's almost head shaving time !

Banned

Default it's almost head shaving time !

I don't know about you guys, But I stopped going to the barber a long time ago,,, Its to durned expensive ! I have a set of clippers from walmart and when my hair starts getting in my eyes and I start looking like Bozo the clown when i wear a cap, its time to cut ,, its real easy,,, #2 buzz cut ,,, Nice and cool and best of all FREE !

I've had a shaved head for 4 years now. I would be lying if I didnt mention that it was going to happen with or without my help! I was up at camp (drinking a little), I had just got a buzz cut and one of my layers of hunting clothes was a wool sweater. After trying to get it over my head, I decided to just get rid of all the hair! I was a bloody mess for the rest of the evening but I learned to shave it in just a few days! I will grow it back one of these years, at least around the edges.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

With or without help? Who needs help for hair to fall out?
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Banned

My hair is thick and grows real fast,,, I like it real short,, out of the way

Blog Entries

Army hair -> buzz cut with minimal hair left. I do it myself, with cut interval being every time I feel like a hippy(5mm hair).
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

Blog Entries

I got the shock of my life last november, I think it was. Winnie jnr came home for a week, he arrived with his usual long locks reaching halfway down his back. I went to town and when I came back, there was a strange man with a #4 in the house! Apparently he got fed up trying to comb out the knots and shaved off the lot.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I've been going to the same barber for 22 years. In fact, I went today. Don't see a reason to change - besides - we solve all of the worlds problems while I am there.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, I remember hair.
    Oh well, enjoyed it in my younger years, was the style you know, back in the '60,..... Oh yeah, a lot of you don't remember the '60's.
    If you can remember the '60's you weren't really "there" any way.........LOL.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Justin
    Nice and cool and best of all FREE !
    Divide the cost of the shears by the number of haircuts and you'll have the price of you haircut minus the cost of electricity. Silly boy, ain't nothin' in this life "free".
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Divide the cost of the shears by the number of haircuts and you'll have the price of you haircut minus the cost of electricity. Silly boy, ain't nothin' in this life "free".
    All depends, I happen to use a pair of stolen scissors and rusty Bic razors I find in the dumpster behind the drug rehab center.

I have not supported the barber in any way since 1988.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Actually Justin your late! I do it most every spring, for me it was last week. I have a full head of native american black thick hair. I get enough of styling is sometimes my cue. Other times it is my way of setting my mind to something, I'll shave my head and polish my boots for instance if something is kicking my butt! I usually gain a level of determination through the ritual!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

I've cut my hair off once in the last 8 years. I cut a solid foot off last year. It was still below my shoulder blades.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Oh, my!! Any of you that have long hair and decide to go short, please remember these good folks.

http://www.locksoflove.org/
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Oh, my!! Any of you that have long hair and decide to go short, please remember these good folks.

Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. If shaving your head, first divide hair into multiple ponytails to cut off. http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html
    Mines not that long yet,, but good idea Rick !

So is 2" usable? Wait for it.....Rick can answer this one!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Depends on what you want to use it for. I'd suggest getting a tattoo. "Images are not as small as they appear". parump. bump.

Just flip a bowl and get a set of pinking shears.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Now, I'm not saying that my hair is thinning, or that I'm going bald on top.......but if I were to go with dreadlocks, my head would look like the business end of a weedeater. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

I put it with my daughter's pony tail that came from her very first haircut the week before she started school. I doubt I'll ever cut it again other then trims. I didn't like it that short.

It's about 4" from here now so almost back to really long.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Wife runs a 1 over the side and a 2 on the top. Beard is a 2 on the side and a 1 on the chin and mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Yeah, I remember hair.
    Oh well, enjoyed it in my younger years, was the style you know, back in the '60,..... Oh yeah, a lot of you don't remember the '60's.
    If you can remember the '60's you weren't really "there" any way.........LOL.
    Let me see if I get this right --- Did something happen between 1959 and 1970? Nah, couldn't have.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880