Thread: Yard Sale Season

Banned

Default Yard Sale Season

Well, Its almost yard sale season,,,,,,,, everybody ready ? anything particular you will seek ?

I plan to go looking for clothes Yard sales and thrift shops are the ONLY place to buy clothes IMO... 50 bucks for a new pair of Levis at the department store ? Oh Helll No...

Banned

Let me know if you find any Split Bamboo Fly Rods, any make, any condition, especially a Heddon #50 President in under orig made 8' 2 piece 2 tip ......... or a Heddon #17 Black Beauty any size, any condition. Those would complete my Heddon collection. Ones that are messed up I have restored by Winston Rods.

I have and am losing way too much weight to buy clothes from anywhere at any price, have to wait til the dialysis process finds my dry weight, then I can think about clothes again.

Banned

Ok,, I actually had 2 of those awhile back,,(few years) not sure what make they were though,,,, had copper eyes I think,, they were oxidized bluish color ..

Banned

I always look for, you guessed it archery equipment, old Bear archery stuff of any kind, Or old Brownings or Jennings pr Pearsons. If anyone finds any Pearson Deadheads broadheads let me know. I have 3 and want 9 more to put on a dozen arrows I am going to make when I get them. Also any old Bear recurve bows. I'll pay you twice what you paid plus shipping. Unless you got taken and paid more than something was worth. Anyway any old archery related thing I may well be interested in so just pm me what you found and what you want for it.

I generally have a "quest" in mind when I stop at sales, for a while it was old trunks, tools, cast iron cookware, stuff like that.
    Mostly was looking for antique gear to use rendezvous.

Old hunting gear is always in the back of my mind as well.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good, old-fashioned, BOOKS. Got a few 25¢ books from yard sales with info on stuff like primitive shelters or indian wars. Always seem to find old tools too, crescents, monkey-wrenches, draw-knives, hand-drills. I've even picked up old comic books for 10¢ each that turned out to be worth a couple dollars apiece, not that I would sell them (anyone remember the Conan comics?)

Banned

There are a couple of people around here that buy storage unit contents at action and sell the stuff at huge yard sales,,, One guy has TONS of stuff and pretty decent prices,, has everything you could imagine,,,,

I furnished my entire tool collection (yard tools) when I bought my house from yard sales. I love stopping at them, but you gotta get there early!
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

I am going to one that is supposed to have some solid wood furniture. I hope they do because I would like to find some on the cheap!

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Stopped by one a few minutes ago. They had an antique singer sewing machine, with the pedal. Wanted $125 for it.. Probably a good deal, but I don't have that kind of spare jack. Would be real handy for patching or making clothing without electricity, so it would be a good investment, but we have some priorities that need the money spent first. If it's still there in a month, it's probably coming home with me.

It isnt yard sale season here yet so I have a little more time. I usually look for cast iron pots and pans, old tools or things I can turn into knives. I have a handful of books from yard sales or auctions. If you find what you are looking for it is a great place to get them, usually less then a dollar.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Books of any kind.... Cd's and DVD's about any kind if cheap. If they aren't what we would read, watch or listen to. They go in the trade box to trade with friends, we now have around 2,000 books in paperback or hard back. about 750-800 each of DVD's and CD's in our collection.

I also grab up every tool, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. I can get at a good price, What i don't need I have a friend in Ky. that will take them. Same with fishing and hunting gear. Hull dishes are my thing I bet I have 3-4 complete sets of those. I'll buy some cast iron and such but not much. Just bought a cast iron "glue pot" today it has the lid and every thing ( round bottom with 3 "legs" May keep it or trade it haven't decided yet. Still looking for a cast iron "bean" pot onr of the camp one's that has the round bottom and lid.... so far no luck finding one anywhere. My old one got somehow lost in the move back in 2000.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

got a cast iron sauce pan and a small corning wear glass baking pan for free today. Was helping move scrap metal...oh the scrap we hauled away.. If I had my own place I would have had a good 20 12 inch spikes which I think are used for landscaping timbers... and an old lawn mower blade for knife work. But, I am staying with a friend right now so am trying to keep my acquisitions to a minimum. :P
    Turtle Clan/Coffee Addicts Anonymous