Thread: What are your favorite Beverages - Camp, Cabin, Trail, or Shore Lunch?

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What are your favorite Beverages - Camp, Cabin, Trail, or Shore Lunch?

I was giving it some thought, over the years I've been apart of hundreds of groups on outdoor outings; backpacking, canoeing, hunting, fishing and so on. I've come to realize that many people have a favorite beverage while in the field. Something that hits the spot at that favorite time of the day. The type of outing also seems to makes a difference. On a hard backpacking trip, cold clean water is the best. At a shore lunch while fly fishing, I have to go with the traditional Guinness beer. Hot coffee any morning and evening works for me.

Do you have a favorite beverage while in the field?
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Banned

Beer, Beer,Beer and last but not least Beer !

kidding,,,, Coffee in camp in the morning,, Water during the day,,

During the warm weather, it is water and Coors Light or a micro-brew. In the cold weather, I have to go with Gentleman Jack. I never been a big coffee drinker, but it is nice when I am dragging a little.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

I drink a hot drink made from a cup of hot water and a tablespoon of molasses. I also make a drink from a quart of cold water, spoon of molasses, a spoon of vinegar and a pinch of ginger. Be darned if I can remember what it's called.

Blog Entries

Nothing beats good whiskey around a fire. I do make a good jug of Apple Pie, now and then.

I do not drink and still have never had a beer. Out of the dozens of Heineken pots I have made I just dump it out. I can see the horror on your all's faces!

Cold water in the field and at camp I will take a cold water as well.

Dos Equis XX
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

if we're talking beer, give me a cellar temp moosehead or something along those lines.

I tend to not have room in my ruck for beer. Been doing blackberry brandy lately. Coffee is life itself and cold as penguin privates water is just wonderful.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Coffee,Coke and Hydrogen Dioxide...In that Order....Well I Do Love some down home style sweet iced tea...OOOOO,and Guinness or Merlot(47lb rooster)...Or Woodford Reserve....Red Hawaiian Punch!
    (G)
    "Once you have ruined your reputation you can live relatively free"

Greg, The only time I really enjoyed wine was around a campfire after steaks. A wet wine and grilled beef is wonderful.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

camp: coffee
    cabin: beer (or whatever homebrew is ready)
    trail: water
    shore lunch? i've usually got coffee with me whenever i'm on the water, so probably that again.

I should add that with the addition of milk; these are just about my only beverage choices day to day.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Water, strong coffee, and light beer on occasion......Whiskey is alright
    in moderation colder temperatures as to sit camp fire....Wine and milk?
    just ain't me................................................ ......................BH51.

Coffee in the morning. Decaffinated iced tea at lunch and powdered milk at the evening meal. I like those powdered drinks that come in the MREs, too.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

If I could have ice cold chocolate milk on the trail that would be my choice.

Buy a cow to tag along in the winter. Problem solved. Your welcome.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I find that a good wine is really Nice....I love Imperial Kir from Blue teal vineyards In Deming NM...I just cant get it Here In Georgia.When Im on the Trail I only drink water...But In camp I will drink Coffee,tea,refer to previous Post.
    (G)
    "Once you have ruined your reputation you can live relatively free"

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Coffee is a must have for me. Out backpacking I normally only drink coffee and water. Sometimes I'll bring a small bottle of Bailey's but since there are grizzlies where I go, I don't ever have more then a nip or two. It's not a situation you want to get a buzz in. Plus, it's heavy! If I am camping with the kids, I bring Cokes normally but since we have quit drinking those as of this winter, we'll just stick to water and Koolaid with maybe an occassional beer or wine for mamma.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Tea is my morning drink, it's much more refreshing than coffee IMHO. I'll take a bottle of captain morgans rum with me as well.
    THERE AIN'T NO EDGE OF THE PRESERVE