Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep your fingers crossed for TEXAS! ;)

Default Keep your fingers crossed for TEXAS! ;)

Hey y'all!! So, hubby missed out on that great job that would have allowed for us to live ANYPLACE we wanted...but got a SECOND interview for a great position in Texas! okay...it's in Houston...but hey...it's warm! Ha!
    He goes in the first week in April for his face to face! Thoughts and prayers would be a blessing if you feel inclined.

Just wanted to let y'all know that I've been reading when I can but have been unable to post much due to sign order. WOOOO!!
    Currently painting a big one for a church that can only be read when you're walking out the front door. It will match the stained glass windows and read "You are now entering The Mission Field." I found that to be REALLY cool

OH! Went to a gun show today with the family! Didn't get a LOT (rifle holster, 3 canteen cups and heater stands) but I DID get a card from a guy who sells gortex pants for 30.00 and another man who has the handgun I WANT and will take my Taurus for 275.00 GOOD TIMES!

Be well!!
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

Banned

Good Luck !

Blog Entries

Fingers crossed and good vibes sent!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Hope it all works out for y'all (better get used to saying y'all T).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Wow, how cool is that ... Hope all works for the best..... trade in all your small guns and get really HUGE Hawg Legs

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Prayers and well wishes sent!

Trab.... cool job landing the neat sign. Good luck on the Texas job. If it works out let us know and I even have a good friend in Houston that's a prepper and has a surplus business there. I'll put you in contact if you want. Don
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

I wish you great luck, with the Texas deal!

Speaking of church signs.....I saw one the other day that said, "Sign broken. Come inside for message." LOL I thought it was pretty clever!
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I thought you left AZ because you needed 4 seasons! LOL You and Chris just need to get into snowmachines...that will fix the moving bug you have! Good luck Trab and congrats on unloading the Taurus! Post a pic of the sign when your finished!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Hey, Texas has 4 seasons, the north part does anyway.

Texas is big enough to have a half dozen climate zones. If you want snow or sunny shores you can just change counties and never leave the state.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Hey, Texas has 4 seasons, the north part does anyway.

Texas is big enough to have a half dozen climate zones. If you want snow or sunny shores you can just change counties and never leave the state.
    I wanted to argue with you about the above statement....but after doing some research I realize your right....the coldest temperature ever recorded in Texas is -23 below zero....I'd call that winter weather....and it did snow down there a fair amount this winter. ..lol
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

I've been in central Tx 10 years and the coldest i've seen was around 10 degrees. It just doesn't last long An inch of snow did last 2 days in spots this winter

We do have a wide variety of climates. If someone is from a northern state used to snow, i'm from MN, come to texas and you'll die laughing when snow or ice comes! The world just seems to end!

That and unlike when we lived in AZ, there is actual soil so I won't have to stop gardening. The problem I'm running into is that we will have to live no further than 40-45 min. from his account. I've been looking into Spring, TX as they seem to have decent schools, easy commute, and the population, while MUCH higher than I am used to...isn't as high as most other places down there. That's something that I'm going to have to suck up. I really wanted land again...but in order to get him in a job that he will be happy with and grow in...it could be worth the adjustment.

Still crossing our fingers. He was to go down on the 12th, but his current boss is getting cranky about the idea of letting him go. Now he's tentatively going down the 18th. By the sound of it, it's down to 2 people and it will be decided based on who the surrounding techs like most. Hope he puts his game face on if he likes the job!!
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

- Thomas Jefferson

I pity the fool that don't hire Mr. T.

Tell him we're all pulling for him.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I pity the fool that don't hire Mr. T.

Tell him we're all pulling for him.
    Dadburn comedians, I tell ya'....

Wishing you more good fortune Trabitha! Saying prayers, crossing fingers and anything else I can think of to help....
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

LOL! Thanks everyone!!
    - St. Augustine

- Thomas Jefferson

Congrats on the job prospects. I am sorry it is in Houston. Of course, if you like living in a sauna..... I graduated college from UTSA and looked everywhere BUT in Texas for a job. Anyways, in Texas, once you get out of the city, the population drops really fast. Houston is a HUGE city with terrible traffic. Not as bad as NYC, but there aren't that many cities west of the Mississippi that are bigger than Houston. If you live in the hill country, that sits on a limestone shelf. It is hard to garden there. That doesn't mean you can't, it is just hard.
    Make sure to eat lots of Blue Bell icecream, and enjoy the Texas BBQ and Texmex food. Also, all soda will now be called coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Don't call it "pop", or they will look at ya funny.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Congrats on the job prospects. I am sorry it is in Houston. Of course, if you like living in a sauna..... I graduated college from UTSA and looked everywhere BUT in Texas for a job. Anyways, in Texas, once you get out of the city, the population drops really fast. Houston is a HUGE city with terrible traffic. Not as bad as NYC, but there aren't that many cities west of the Mississippi that are bigger than Houston. If you live in the hill country, that sits on a limestone shelf. It is hard to garden there. That doesn't mean you can't, it is just hard.
    Make sure to eat lots of Blue Bell icecream, and enjoy the Texas BBQ and Texmex food. Also, all soda will now be called coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Don't call it "pop", or they will look at ya funny.
    Yeah, a little culture could be a dangerous thing.
    Good luck T, on whatever it happens to be. I have a feeling you'll make the best of it.

I was hoping you would see that Benesse.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

FM, just got back from Alta. Snowed every day, great skiing, LOVE Utah!