Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We are being INVADED !!

Quote Originally Posted by your_comforting_company View Post
    From what I've seen, they recirculate plenty of it back at the liquor stores.. just sayin.

My point was, that we are not losing jobs to immigrants. I've not seen a single white boy pulling weeds in a cotton field, or picking corn, or tomatoes. It's beneath us now, and the only way it gets done is if "they" come here and do it, at least till they invent a robot to do it... Then the immigrants (legal or not) and more americans are going to be jobless and hungry.

You can't have it both ways. Either you want a job pulling weeds and putting nuts and bolts together, or you don't. Either way, it has to be done. We can hire them to do it for a fraction of what an american would accept, or make a robot to do it for us and then we all lose.
    I have to disagree. At least around here anyways. I have TRIED to get jobs stripping tobacco, and some other "Farm related jobs". I was told "Sorry we have our farm workers already."(They were all "Mexican") Same thing with working Hay, and many other such jobs on or around the farm. I know of about 4 or 5 farmers that WILL NOT use anyone BUT "Mexicans".... even though the pay is the same. So it's not JUST that Americans won't do the jobs. It's that some won't hire anyone but "Mexicans". The people that have these jobs already have their mind set on WHO they are going to hire. I even tried working Cheaper than them...still same answer. Hard to get the job, when the people with the job won't let you have the job. Like Dimebag333 said I USED to do these same jobs when I was a kid. Today a kid couldn't get these jobs even if they wanted to....which sadly it seems most don't want to. Personally I wish the fine for each "Illegal alien" employed was $1,000,000 for the first offense mandatory. 5X that for the second, 25X that for the third, 625X that for each subsequent offense. Illegals would be unable to find a job then, IF this were enforced. They would have to come over LEGALLY or not at all. You have to make it NOT pay to hire them, to stop this problem. JMO

As for Robots.... I wish they were illegal. The last factory job I had we had them, and they were supposed to "see" obstacles in their path. I was almost ran over not once, not twice, but three different times by these Robot forklifts that were used(They were slower moving than humans operating forklifts). They only worked properly in about half of the factory.(The factory management was told this when they only had a few, They then bought several more.) A Mechanical loader was tried on my line. I loaded twice as many pallets as the person using the lift apparatus. Not to mention that it sometimes dropped the load posing a hazard that you had to constantly be prepared for, that was NOT present when you had a human doing the same job, WITHOUT this apparatus. Yeah, some robotic applications are more efficient, like precision welds, and they have their place/use. However I think that industries that employ them when they are NOT better, are in a sense, cutting their own throats. How many robots buy their products? How many robots actually "Stimulate" the economy? Unless the business is making robotic parts the answer is none.
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

LOL I got Negative Rep for my post above. I am assuming it is because of the first paragraph. Maybe next time let me know who you are, that way I can respond to you personally instead of bringing it out here for all to see. Let me expand on that paragraph....

You see I have tried since moving to Kentucky to get Farm related jobs off and on for about 9 years now. I have tried getting jobs like Stripping tobacco to make extra money. Also work in hay, and Cleaning out Horse stalls (Stable Boy/Groom). This is not something I say/said lightly. It is from years of trying to get these "Side jobs". Now it might not be this way in YOUR area, it is this way in mine. Many times I have been told this, "We have our 'crew' already" and it was almost always "Mexican Migrant workers"(Which I use loosely as some were from El Salvador, Guatemala, etc...) Most of these jobs only last a few days at most. ,Tobacco in the field has to be Cut and "spiked" when ready, then placed in barns to finish curing. Stripping Tobacco has to be done when humidity is right, or either moistened so the leaves don't crumble. Hay has to be gathered within a few days after cut, without getting rained on, so it does take some planning to do these jobs. For the Tobacco jobs my "Goal" was of course extra money. However for the hay, it was to save me money, as I was willing to work for hay (I have horses). In all this, almost every time it was the South of the border types who were chosen over me for these jobs 90-95% of the time. Very few times was it the regular American citizens that took these jobs. Almost every time, as a matter of fact it was what I Believe were Illegal Aliens, as most that are here legally try to get factory jobs which pay more.

In the Factory I mentioned above, one Guatemalan actually took 2 weeks off so he could go home, change his name and come BACK with a NEW Visa to work. He bragged about this, so it is not supposition. One week he was Jose' two weeks later he was Jorge' Different last name too. It showed on the work roster for job placement too. Same person, same type job, just different name. Although he manipulated the system, he did so legally.... not much I can say about that.

YOUR experience(s) may be different than mine, that's fine. I can only tell you what I see personally, or have proof that I can present. It is NOT supposition.... it is with MY experience that I have made these statements. I stand by them too. Funny that you didn't stand by your "negative Rep".
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

Poco - you did not receive any negative rep. Only the mods can give out negative rep, and none of us did. I believe the rep you are referring to has a little black or grey box instead of a green one? That wasgiven by a new member, who has not yet posted enough to gain any "rep power" Green = positive rep, Black = neutral rep, Red = negative rep. The member that gave you the "black" box for rep was agreeing with you.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Poco - you did not receive any negative rep. Only the mods can give out negative rep, and none of us did. I believe the rep you are referring to has a little black or grey box instead of a green one? That wasgiven by a new member, who has not yet posted enough to gain any "rep power" Green = positive rep, Black = neutral rep, Red = negative rep. The member that gave you the "black" box for rep was agreeing with you.
    OK My mistake.... For that I apologize. I had never received anything but green so I guess I made an incorrect assumption. I most humbly apologize to all for dragging up a dead thread, with incorrect assumptions.

Banned

I have gotten a few of those grey ones too,, Not sure if they turn green later or not,, ??

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    I have gotten a few of those grey ones too,, Not sure if they turn green later or not,, ??
    Nope. The value they are assigned if for the time they are given.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quite frankly, I don't give a rats butt where you come from, just so long as you come here legally and assimulate into our society.
    I know what hunts you.

Blog Entries

My only question is how many are here legally. i have no problem with legal immigrants. Thats how half my family came here.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

I've posted this before. To me, the problem with illegal immigration is a simple one to solve. Legal immigrants should be welcomed with open arms.

1. Heavily sanction any employer that hires illegals - make it painful.
    2. Immediately cut off all social welfare benefits to illegals.
    3. Provide no medical care (other than emergency care) to illegals.
    4. Do away with the anchor baby system.
    5. Do not allow people in this country illegally to attend school.
    6. End the practice of "released until deportation hearing".
    7. Privatize the work visa program. Base those operations in the various countries outside the United States. The only way to obtain a legal work visa that has a very limited time frame (have to get a new one if you want to work longer) is to go to your country of citizenship to have it issued. As part of this system, no felons or persons that have previously been convicted of being in the country illegally will be allowed to obtain that work visa.
    8. Violations of law (above misdemeanor) trigger an immediate deportation.
    9. Actively secure our borders (fence, high tech, more personnel)
    10. Make English the official language of the United States. If private business wants to provide (and pay for) multiple language instructions or processes that is up to them.
    11. Federal government will enforce existing immigration laws.
    12. Sanctuary cities, counties, states or organizations will receive no federal assistance. None. Zip, zero, nada.
    13. Non-profits that provide sanctuary will lose their non-profit immediately. That loss will be retroactive back to the date that it can be proven that they provided sanctuary to illegals and continue for a minimum of five years past the time when it has been corrected.

There's probably more, but that is a start.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Poco,

the reason farmers and such like using illegals is simple. It's about the liability, a illegal gets hurt or mad about something there's not much they can do. Typically all they can do is go back to mexico or move on to somewhere else. When I lived in your area illegal labour was pretty much unheard of, that was 25 years ago or so. a lot has changed.

On another note we are getting invaded, this comment has nothing to do with this thread or post, gotta read between the lines.

Well i do know this much.
    I worked in a western union for a bit and 90% of the costumers were sending there money to Mexico.
    And i don't think its because they love spending $50 to send money for the fun of it.
    So how is this recirculating the money?
    And i agree with you crashdive.
    And if you all look at your state constitution most if not all say English is the only language.
    Last edited by Melissa Montana; 03-30-2011 at 08:40 PM.
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Crashdive 123 and Pocomoonskyeyes ... Well said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Quite frankly, I don't give a rats butt where you come from, just so long as you come here legally and assimulate into our society.
    Right on!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    This..

My family came here legally in 1903 from Wales. They did not come to be Welsh-American, they came to be American.

1917, Great granpappy Winter
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Granpappy Winter
    Winter
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Banned

COOL ! I love old photos ,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    This..

My family came here legally in 1903 from Wales. They did not come to be Welsh-American, they came to be American.

1917, Great granpappy Winter
    Granpappy Winter
    Winter
    Amen!!!
    I'll say it again......cuz the post told me to.lol
    AMEN!!!!!
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Blog Entries

I have seen a few things while working with "real" mexicans vs US hispanics or US white guys working for me pulling network cabling for our sub contractors. I know this is not a generalization by any means, just my experiences. Out of every crew we have 1 -2 highly skilled guys who make 12- 15 bucks an hour. The rest are under that or minimum wage. The minimum wage positions are usually filled by the Mexican Americans and the white fellas. They are the biggest complainers, alot of them have stolen teachers property while working after hours. I have had to get rid of some guys for smoking on school property. I have problems with both of those groups having to many piercings or dressing up like thugs to work. They work slower and don't seem to care about learning, which is why they are at the lower end. We some sometimes get good ones and they end up leading crews or become foremen. Now the real mexicans just work hard for the most part and usually make more cause they perform better. I asked one what he did in Mexico and he said a Math teacher for high school. The only thing holding this legal resident was his horrible english, but he still made a decent wage. Again this was just my observation, at my workplace. When I see the USA hispanics trying to be mr thug it is kinda embarrassing to me cause thats the bracket I fall into. Good help is hard to find nowadays and alot of Mexican fill that need and others in Mexico see this and can't wait for the paper work to get done and come here illegally. They are by no means perfect, and there are plenty of bad apples here and we need to get them outa here. I don't see why we can't controll the boarders better, it boggles my mind. We really need to know who is in our country!!!!!!! Once upon a time in Texas a bunch of white guys came over and were welcomed in and the rest is history.
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Updating website! Stop by and tell me what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    I worked in a western union for a bit and 90% of the costumers were sending there money to Mexico.
    And i don't think its because they love spending $50 to send money for the fun of it.
    So how is this recirculating the money?
    And i agree with you crashdive.
    And if you all look at your state constitution most if not all say English is the only language.
    You're attempting to apply micro economics to a macro economics situation. All the dollars do come back to the US in the form of exports.

Money sent home whether it be to Mexico or any other nation raises the standard of living and increases their discretionary spending. It also means they won't be coming to the U.S. because they don't have to. If you follow the money trail up the chain you'll find that it comes right back to the U.S. through goods purchased.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You're attempting to apply micro economics to a macro economics situation. All the dollars do come back to the US in the form of exports.

Money sent home whether it be to Mexico or any other nation raises the standard of living and increases their discretionary spending. It also means they won't be coming to the U.S. because they don't have to. If you follow the money trail up the chain you'll find that it comes right back to the U.S. through goods purchased.
    Be that as it may, the big question is (and I don't know the answer) whether the cost of illegal immigrations outweighs the benefits of money trickling back to the US, higher standard of living in Mexico and less desire to rough it illegally in the US. My guess is that the cost of illegal immigration is entirely too high to offset any benefits.

Rick, our manufacturing is mostly moved overseas, so how do you figure that?

Everything in mexico says "Hecho en USA"
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.