Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ducks Unlimited Dinner winner...... Rossi Circuit Judge .410/.45lc

Default Ducks Unlimited Dinner winner...... Rossi Circuit Judge .410/.45lc

Well, boys, we were just talking about the 6 shooter rifles, and I did bring up the Rossi Circirt Judge, and that we had a raffle for one.

Yup, that's right, the Gun Gods were smiling and I just picked it up.

Mind you, on my life list, this would have been way down there as far a spending my money and buying one.....But, Hey, a $20 bucK raffle ticket (in this case a palying card torn in half), was just The ticket.

Even a blind chicken gets some corn once in a while, guess it was my turn.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Cool............
    Last edited by hunter63; 03-25-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: splin'
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Karma is a good thing. You must be living good. Congrats.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Now that is a score. I agree, may not be on the top of the "must have " list, but you can not beat that price
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Congratulations. Nice looking little rifle.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Only thing anyone ever gave me I had to take penicillin to get rid of!

You have dies and molds for .45LC hunter?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Very nice!! Congrats. Rossi has a rimfire version out that will take either the .22 LR or the .22 WMR cylinders. Nice score!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Congrats, have some fun with it! ;0

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Only thing anyone ever gave me I had to take penicillin to get rid of!

You have dies and molds for .45LC hunter?
    LOL, Not yet...Know of any around?

Banned

You Lucky devil !

Pretty Darn Cool. Let us know how it shoots. Still have not figured out why they did not make it in smooth bore though.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

I like it. congrats!

I does have a rifled barrel, come with two "choke tubes" one smooth to be used with the .45lc, just a thread protector, (it says that in the destruction's).
    The other has straight "rifling" in it, to be used with bird shot, I would suppose to straighten out the shot string.

So even though it doesn't really say, I am assuming that it's not to be loaded with a mix of loads?

Like I have said, in the past, the whole concept is sorta flawed, in my opinion, as it doesn't do either job, shot or bullet, all that well.

Of course, that just an opinion and will be tried out.
    I wouldn't have bought one, but winning one is a little different story.

LOL, I won't tell you how much I spent on various raffles, gun boards (I was selling tickets for one of them), walk around raffles ( this was a walk around), action and silent auction.

Anyway, we have a good committee group, generally make $25 to 35K for the Ducks Unlimited organization, and it is a tax deduction.

And yeah, it's fun to win once in a while.......................
    Last edited by hunter63; 03-24-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: splin'

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    LOL, Not yet...Know of any around?
    No extras down my way.

I have been known to neck size .45lc cases with a .45acp die and use the acp set to seat and crimp. Worked fine even in my old Blackhawk.

I have about 6 mold blocks in .45 that I have used over the years. If you use the big 255 gn flat nose LC slug in a .45 acp you can sometimes see the flash as the slug archs to the target. You can only get about 650fps out of that slug in the acp case.

In turn, you can zip the 200 gn swc supersonic and make a smasher from it in the LC.

That revolving carbine is really the answer to the question that has never been asked. Really a conversation piece, but what do you do with it? Rifle? Shotgun? Pistol?

Still it is a pretty gun.

Sort of reminds you of a really good female impersonator. It ain't what it is and it kind of is what it ain't but it can't quite make it to what it wants to be, but it looks good and could fool you except for the Adams Apple, but don't push the issue or the wrapper will come off and scare you to death.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

KRS...what you said.....Exactly, LOL

Nice score...$20 well spent I would say
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Banned

Wow, cool score there Hunter, see I knew there was a reason I sent ya some russian .410s

I cannot think of a more perfect gun for such an outdoorsman that you are.

I have a MIL Thunder 5 .410/.45LC and trust me, in the configuration you have there, this will become your go to gun for almost everything. That .45LC can be loaded up and down to take just about anything game wise in the lower 48. You already know how valuable the .410 is.
    Last edited by OhioGrizzLapp; 03-25-2011 at 05:33 AM.

GL, yeah, some how that all worked out, eh?

I do plan to try them out as well as some #6 bird shot, but I do want to check out how the shot works with just the smooth tube....If it has a decent pattern, that would mean I could load a mix of shells.

I starting to think that this might be a real good 'walk-a-bout", only weighs 4 pounds, short and light.

Also comes with scope mount base, hammer spur, and a plastic 2 chamber "plug", making it legal for water fowl....kinda a long shot.....

On Rossi's site says that these are 'allocated", short supply?
    Last edited by hunter63; 03-25-2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: added stuff

Banned

I would trade ya my Winchester Canadian Comm 30-30 I have up for sale...with all the goodies, even up.......maybe a lil sweetener

I have a couple different .45lc die sets, it is a good round to have. I have it in a S&W, Colt and the Mil Thunder 5.

In some states, these guns are illegal to carry in the woods in-season, no matter how you have it plugged.

What you will find with lighter shot from the .410 is an empty circle in the center of the pattern, no matter which choke you use. that would be with #4 - #12, with 3-4 ball buck and slug, it will be spot on.

Thanks for the offer, but I thinking I keeping this one, for fun, as most all my "assets" are practical (hunting).

And I already have an order in at Midway, this morning, for a Lee 4 die set, case trimmer and a couple of molds (Lee double cavity molds w/handles $20 bucks apiece), oops!

Guess I should check with you first in the future, LOL, might be missing out on some super deals.

It's interesting that the 30-30 is a Canadian Comm, I believe that was in 1966?

Several years ago, I had won (same dinner) a 2 gun set, both Canadian Comm, one a Rem 742 in .308, the other was a Ruger 10/22 with all the glitter, medallions, and get this, matching serial numbers?

Anyway I swapped them both for a Ruger Mini 14, and another Ruger 10/22 but in stainless and scoped.
    Seems there is a lot of these Canadian Comm floating around?

So, how much you figure this "free" gun of yours is gonna cost you by the time you buy all the reloading gear and do dads?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.