Thread: Upcoming Ohio Festivals & Fairs that I will be set up at for Rustic Furniture/sticks

Banned

Default Upcoming Ohio Festivals & Fairs that I will be set up at for Rustic Furniture/sticks

These are some of the festivals where I will be set up at along with selected boyscouts and girl scouts troops that will be doing much of the real work as I demo hand making the Rustic Log Furniture and the Hiking Sticks. This is just for April/May 2011, I will add June/Jul/Aug in a few weeks or so here in this post.

Some of us have multiple set ups at different festivals. In Multi events or festivals my booths will be set up for the full festivals or events, but I will only be at each one on 1 day, I have noted which ones, my scout crews will be at all of them. Otherwise if no competing events, I will be at the events all days they are on.

I also have a few people coming that will also do their trade crafts in the large vendor area/booth we have.....

Paul Runko -Blacksmith and Forge work
    Nancy Green -primitive glass blowing
    David Eagle -glass bead work and quill work on mocs-vests and gloves
    Timothy Straight -large wood spirit carving of tree roots and tall stumps
    Marty Dillon -hand pounded silver & tourquiose work.

All of these vendors and I will donate all profits we make from these festivals and/or fairs/events to The Wounded Warrier Project. Last year, between all of us combined, we were able to donate a total of $73,000 as well as donate a total of 1480 hours to them between us all over the last two years.

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

The Fairs and Festivals we will be at:

Geauga County Maple Festival
    Chardon, Ohio. April 28 - May 1, 2011

The Geauga County Maple Festival is held on beautiful Chardon Square and opens on the last Thursday in April.

Wild Turkey Festival
    McArthur, Ohio. May 5 - 8, 2011

Watch the downtown streets of McArthur come alive with food, music and fun for the whole family.

Moonshine Festival
    New Straitsville, Ohio. May 26 - 30, 2011 I will be at this one in the booth on May 27th

Located in the rolling hills of Southeastern Ohio, the festival features a variety of events including a working Moonshine Still Display.

Oak Hill Festival of Flags
    Oak Hill, Ohio. May 26 - 29, 2011 ( will be at this one May 28

Established to promote patriotism and respect for the U.S. flag. Over 2,000 flags are displayed throughout the village. Free continuous entertainment.

Feast of the Flowering Moon
    Chillicothe, Ohio. May 27 - 29, 2011 I will be at this one on May 29

At this three day family oriented festival you can enjoy a mountain men encampment, a Native American Pow Wow including Native American music and dancing, all FREE.

The Moonshine Fest is truly an American Classic.......

I honestly hope to see some of you there and if you have a trade craft, bring it with you and do some short demos in our large vendor area we have set up (we will have electric and cold water avail in the trade area if you need it, there will also be tables, chairs and benches we make to sit on if you wish My pic is in my profile, so you will know who I am... come up and say Hi and come and chat a bit with the other vendors and I.

If you need directions to the events, please feel free to ask me, just tell me which ones.

Sounds like some great times and for a great cause. A bit too far for me, but good luck and hope you get to meet a few members there.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

NP..... I am sure you have festivals around you down there as well. I taught a guy and his family how to make the furniture, sticks and foraging for greens for florists and he is making a killing down there. He only does a few fests, but he sells from his front yard and the kids do the greens for the florists. He is in the Clearwater area.

Also at our booths, we will have the US Military Challange... some current members of US Military will be there to take on civillians in some excercises like pullups, situps, pushups and who ever loses, has to put $1 in the fund for Wounded Warrier. Of course a recruiting station will be there LOL (secret: if the military loses, I cover their losses ;-). I am always surprised just how many Civs are fit enough to win the challanges.