Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, Hail Yeah

Default Oh, Hail Yeah

We just got hammered with a severe thunderstorm. The ground is nearly white with 1/4 to 1/2 inch sized hail. Sure was noisy for a bit. I guess I'll have to check the roof and the truck tomorrow to see if there's any damage. I had to run out and take some pics so the insurance folks will know I'm telling the truth.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

If there was hail, and you've got damage, you won't be the only one. I hope all is ok.
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

Banned

Dang,, thats pretty big hail,,, i sure hope there is no severe damage...

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That looks like work to me! Somebody is gonna need a patch.
    Can ruin a paint job tho, and I'm no help there.

Hope you didn't get any serious damage. I saw the storm headed your way, but it didn't look that bad on the news this morning.

Blog Entries

Lordy, that looks rough. I never cease to be amazed how just a few degrees difference in lattitude/longitude can make such a difference in weather patterns. We only get hail in the hotter months, generally assiciated with a storm.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Banned

Rick, the same system that gave you hail is giving us 1-2 inches of snow.....

I'll trade you.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

How did the truck fare through it all?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I can't check yet. There is a layer of ice on it and it's sleeting. It should warm up later this morning. It's supposed to get up to 40 today after a high of 74 yesterday. Crazy weather.

Well, hopefully you won't have any hail dimples in it. Good luck.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Years and years ago I was driving home and got caught in a hail storm of epic proportions. The hail was the size of golf balls and beat the living crap out of my truck. I actually got down in the floor board because I thought it was going to beat the windows out. I could see a yellow cloud coming across the ground at me and I knew it was hail so I pulled into a guys driveway to sit it out. I could see the hail coming across the yard and it was buring itself in the ground and not bouncing. I knew I was in for a doozy. After that episode the rest are just minor annoyances.

Banned

Soooooo,, how was everything Rick ? damage ?

Oh, yeah. Nope. None. Nada. I had one teeny tiny dent in the truck but not enough to worry about. Won't stop the drive by roofers, though. They'll be around as soon as the weather breaks.

"You got some real bad spots up there from the storm. Insurance will cover it."

Banned

Yep,, they will come and tell people they can fix it for less than the deductible ..

Yup, that just happened to my brother. The insurance company refused it. One more try for the drive by roofers.
    Chari

"The past gives us experience and memories; the present gives us challenges and opportunities; the future gives us vision and hope."

William Arthur Ward

Well, it's started. I walk every day and today I was out one of the neighbors had two guys on his roof. The truck said "Somebodies Roofing. We Specialize in Insurance Claims." Nothing like truth in advertising.

In Florida (as I'm sure it is in other places), following a big storm, the blue tarps on roofs are like a neon sign screaming COME HERE AND SCAM ME!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Glad all is well. On a similar note my last girl friend had some hail damage. That didnt end so well.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There were a few roofs from the storm that I have been able to fix for next to nothing. Some of the others.. well.. after insurance negotiations, we'll find out about those..

I'm absolutely SWAMPED with work now. Barely drove a nail at all for 4 months, then the storms came and now I've been working from sun-up to sun-down (and later). I just can't get them all done, so I've been having to turn down a few.
    Have seen quite a few of those vulture companies around trying to pick at the carcasses. I guess when you need a fix now, you'll hire whoever can do it quickest, regardless of how cheap.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

YCC - the forecast is for an active hurricane season (of course it was last year too), so you may get busier.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel