Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else want to do this?

See if the Indians will let you live with them.
    Last edited by Alaskan Survivalist; 03-23-2011 at 01:35 AM.

What I did was get a job I liked. That really helped. If you are 17, then your choices are limited, unless you get extra training. That means trade school or college. If you don't have any skills, no one will want you in their survival group anyways. How fun would it be to form a group and then get kicked out because you offer nothing to the group? Survival of the fittest. Also, if you want the group to survive, then you need to repopulate and hope your next generation wants to stay in. Otherwise, you end up with a bunch of old people who can't re-enter society with no young people to take care of them.
    I could go on, but lets just say that the whole "survival of the fittest" usually isn't in your favor.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

"... build an outhouse with a door, way too many out houses w/o a dang doors around here. ..."

Oh, Sourdough?
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Well, at least there wasn't a "send money here" request...........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Full moon folks.
    SUPER moon, LowKey.
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

The Original Potninja DerpMaster's Avatar

Wow, didn't expect to get so many negative responses, considering this is a wilderness survival forum.
    "I ran over some kind of animal coming home today! I think it was a small child..." -Matthew Johnston

Shouldn't really be all that unexpected. Your first post tells us that you want to drop out of society. Your bio says you're 17. Your self given title is "The Original Potninja". What did you expect? If you took the time to introduce yourself in the Intro section, explained a bit of what was troubling you - then - you may have received some more meaningful advice. The way you did it, it was hard to take you serious.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DerpMaster View Post
    Wow, didn't expect to get so many negative responses, considering this is a wilderness survival forum.
    I'll sell you 1/2 or all of my Homestead in Alaska.

I don't think his allowance is big enough.......besides - it probably all goes up in smoke.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well, there's yet another type of ninja I have to be on the look out for. You'd think the Japanese would have made one kind of ninja and just been done with it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I think it's a great idea. Put it down and paper, iron out the details, and make a go of it.

I gave you an honest answer,"See if the Indians will let you live with them". It is much better to find the kind of community you seek already established and see if you can adapt to it rather than try to get lots of people to establish and adapt to your ideal community. I'm an old guy giving you solid advice.

Umm, were the pot ninjas wearing red ninja suits in one of those corny martial arts movies? I get confused by all the different types of ninjas out there. Worse than all the zombies I am preparing to fight when the zombie apocalypse starts.

Exactly my point. And just what kind of pot do they carry? Stock pot? 1 quart? Pressure?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by JPGreco View Post
    I have a counter offer. Would you like to join my group? I plan on building a bunch of small cabins that all are identical just off a cleared path. Each person will have something they are responsible for in the overall group (like ex military can be protective services, we could use a doctor, teachers, farmers, etc). There will be a barter system set up as well to trade goods and services. There will also be no freeloaders. If you don't take care of your responsibilities, you won't be able to continue in our little group.
    Sounds like the Tri-States doctrine.

Will someone please tell me what is wrong with puting together a group of like minded people to help each other out in case of a disaster??? It sounds reasonable to me.
    I know what hunts you.

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Sounds like the Tri-States doctrine.

Will someone please tell me what is wrong with puting together a group of like minded people to help each other out in case of a disaster??? It sounds reasonable to me.
    Not a thing.

If you go back and read the OP from a self proclaimed 17 year old potninja - ya gotta admit - kind of hard to take serious.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hey, count me in, man, we can, like, live under yer momma's doube wide, and go up thru a hole in the floor to use her bathroom, right,and hook up to her satellite dish, right? And she'll buy food, and stuff, for us, and do our laundry?? Cool, man, count me in. But, I'm a little short right now, so, like, can ya send me a couple hundred bucks for a bus ticket, and I'll get from my stepmom on my way and pay ya back, OK? I'll bring my Chuck Norris videos.
    "I'd rather be rich than stupid. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick first." - hossthehermit

Rick, I will let you know after I get my ninja license. I am currently training by watching all the martial arts movies that I can get my hands on. It's good training and you can learn to kill a zombie with just a touch. Then I am going to start my survival training by watching all the Man vs Wild videos I can find. Bear Grills is my hero and I can learn everything I need to survive by watching his shows.

Banned

It would appear that a "Pot Ninja" is a muffler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA3k3...eature=related

Wow poor kid!
    Seems like a pack of wolfs attacking you.
    I see your a newbie to this forum as I am also.
    Its kinda a shame to see so many grown ups attacking instead of giving you guidance.
    Well DerpMaster I for one say go for it.
    It can be done!
    Here in our state we have enough Mountain men that live just like your saying.
    Yes we still have some "Mountain men",not many,but there is still such a thing.
    Not to mention the Indians on some res by us live very primitive as well.
    Along with the Mennonites,the Amish.Just to name a few.
    I can completely understand wanting to not be apart of the "Rat Race".
    Although I will have to warn you that living like such is much harder work then say a factory 9-5 job,but the rewards are much greater in the end.
    No junk watch after 30 years.
    You will find out real quick if you can or can't follow through.
    I say take your time read and absorb as much info from this forum as you can before hand though.
    Good Luck!
    Dime
    Last edited by Ssgt_DimeBag; 03-31-2011 at 02:31 AM.