Thread: Pace Beads/ranger Beads ? A few questions on them..

Default Pace Beads/ranger Beads ? A few questions on them..

Ok folks,

I just made my first pace beads(ranger beads), and watched a couple of vids on using them, along with reading Paracordist's thread, on "plotting time travelled".. Now I have a few questions..

Is there that much of a diff in your step with a pack on, or off or on different terrain(hills, etc) ??

With counting off your 1/10th of a mile and maybe mapping using that, wouldn't you be sorta close if things(emergencies, injuries) happened and someone else had a copy of your "paced" map to go by..

Maybe I'm thinking too much into this if so, sorry..

More questions possibly to follow..lol

Thanks in advance..

Tux

Yeah, measuring your pace loaded, unloaded, uphill, downhill, level, rocky or sandy terrain all maike a difference. So does being tired. If your normal pace is 2.5 feet per step then you will run just under 2.5 miles (2.37) by the time you run through your beads the first time. If you are taking 2 ft strides under load, that distance is shortened to 1.9 miles. If you plan on relying on them for distance count it is best to test yourself under varying conditions. You can also "train" yourself to take the same pace under varying conditions, but both take practice.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I get an average pace at the moment I begin using my ranger beeds it does very quite a bit lot of variables Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    sh4d0wm4573ri7