Thread: NASA Received An SOS Call From Another Galaxy?

Banned

Default NASA Received An SOS Call From Another Galaxy?

Recently the British Ministry of Defence released to the National Archives the 7th batch of UFO Files.

Interestingly enough, one of those files featured an article originally published in the Weekly World News (September 15, 1998 Vol 19 No. 51) with a story about how NASA detected, intercepted, and decoded a mathematically-based distress signal from a purportedly doomed planetoid outside our own galaxy. Unfortunately, at the time the said article was published, in Weekly World News, it was not taken seriously because of that particular magazine's standing reputation of being a tabloid.

However, let us not forget that National Enquirer was first to publish news that former Senator John Edwards had an affair and fathered a child with his mistress. It can happen despite that, most of the time, stories published in tabloids are often made up or wrong with respect to the facts.

The signal was detected in January of 1998 but, however and as it might be expected, it took many months to properly decode the message.

Since the original article below is not available online, here it is transcribed:

NASA experts claim to have intercepted an intergalactic distress call from an alien civilization that had already peaked and was actually dying when saber-tooth tigers still roamed the earth.

The 80,000-year-old SOS was received and digitally recorded in late January 1998.

But only in recent weeks have radio astronomers and language experts found the key to the complex mathematics-based language that enabled them to translate the 'frantic plea for help'.

CONTINUED http://joe-burd.newsvine.com/_news/2...another-galaxy

So what did it say?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Even a broken clock is right twice per day. This does not lend it credibility.

I'm wondering at the extrordinary odds that any intelligent extraterrestrial species would posses such language that we could get more than the barest sense out of any communication we intercepted. Amazing luck, that.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    So what did it say?
    "HELP" i guess,,,, lol

Maybe it said
    ?

it said:

Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

A long time ago, ...In a galaxy far, far away.........
    So I would guess we are too late?

80,000 light years; I'd say so. It's ok, I think Han and that whiny guy handled it.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    A long time ago, ...In a galaxy far, far away.........
    So I would guess we are too late?
    If the signal took that long to get here, do you have any idea how long it would take the F.A.R.T.'s to get there? LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Was the message author's name Jor-el?
    Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and your power are needed.
    Always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Hey......come to think of it, we may be the descendants of the people who sent that message.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Yeah, yeah, thats the ticket.......I been watching the History Channel, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Hey......come to think of it, we may be the descendants of the people who sent that message.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golgafr...Golgafrinchans

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    Was the message author's name Jor-el?
    LOL,, I must admit,,, Superman was the first thing i thought of when i read the story too !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Yep,, Alien Intervention ---Pye http://www.lloydpye.com/interventiontheory.htm