Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Urban Kit

Why do you guys carry pry bars? Are you planning to break into places? If so, aren't you the very guys you're worried about?

(talking to self) If I break in then I'm a rovering hoard mongrel. If I don't I'm a sheeple. What to do? What to do?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

So like, if you were to take a "wonder bar" pry bar, wrap in in para-cord, name it a "Tactical Survival Tool", then you would be a survivalist not just a plain of burglar?
    Yeah, that's the ticket.......

Funny part is that I have used mine, many times while out "junking" or on a urban re-purposing expedition, or for some "curb cruising".
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

As long as it's a TACTICAL survival tool, that's cool.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I try to keep some M & M's handy, they last in hot and cold weather, and add a fast energy boost.

Sadly, they don't last in any kind or weather around me. I've been known to hang a sack of M&M like a Pilsner feed bag and stand in the stable with the horses and eat until I can't stand any longer. The vet figured I floundered myself a time or two.

World War I German aircraft pilots used "Scho-Ka-Kola" for compact energy---caffine from cocoa, coffee and cola-nut extract----available pie shaped pieces in 3.25" tins. Ebay.

Blog Entries

In my urban Go bag I carry: First-Aid Kit, Signaling equip. tools, ammo, pistol, PDA, knife, water, meds, protein drink, multi-tool, and so on. I have all this in a small pack in my vehicle ready to go anytime.
    American by birth, Patriot by choice!

No Urban kit, when i leave the house it's my wallet (with ID driving license etc), keys and mobile phone.

I have never experienced nor can foresee any event occurring in an urban environment where i'd need more.

a resperator and swim goggles.(not the white paper ones) makes a gas mask.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
    No Urban kit, when i leave the house it's my wallet (with ID driving license etc), keys and mobile phone.

I have never experienced nor can foresee any event occurring in an urban environment where i'd need more.
    Really ? what if you are forced to spend a couple nights on the street away from home ? cell sites down,, roads blocked,, Pandemonium in the streets??,, cold weather,, I would feel better if i had food , water and a blanket at the very least in a kit...

Dang. You've been to Speedway in May. That's a typical night for the Indy 500 crowd.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Dang. You've been to Speedway in May. That's a typical night for the Indy 500 crowd.
    lol,,,, need to make sure ya got beer for that

Oh, there's plenty of beer. Ice is usually what's short around that place. And the little people, of course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
    World War I German aircraft pilots used "Scho-Ka-Kola" for compact energy---caffine from cocoa, coffee and cola-nut extract----available pie shaped pieces in 3.25" tins. Ebay.
    http://www.varusteleka.fi/product/fo...can/_35P0SWIVD

You can get that stuff here too! I hear it's good...
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.