Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 25 acp

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll probably keep the 25's and a few boxes of ammo and use them for trading stock in the future. A pistol and a box of ammo may be a great barter item one of these days. that's if I don't lose them in a canoe accident.

Batch, I'll take your advise. the only warning shot I'll fire will be well aimed.

BTW I never carried a .25, I just bought one for DW who wouldn't carry the other bigger gun I bought for her. So if it's that or nothing....

I know what, Batch, I'll just shove my 45 down the front of my pants. When approached and questioned about the unusual bulge, I'll just say "I'm happy to meet you. Do you have any plans for later?" That should have them running.

Don, have you ever seen a Quackenbush BB gun? That's more my style.

Chip

Banned

Sorry Don, do not mean to irritate you, but truth is truth and I have the facts to back it up. I honestly feel I could do more damage with a pellet gun actually.... it is a useless round that makes HUGE profits on ammo sales to yuppies and thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioGrizzLapp View Post
    Sorry Don, do not mean to irritate you, but truth is truth and I have the facts to back it up. I honestly feel I could do more damage with a pellet gun actually.... it is a useless round that makes HUGE profits on ammo sales to yuppies and thats about it.
    Ohiogrizzlap,I in no way am going to say that your experiences are not the truth as you see it. Butt I will say that comparing a cartridge that has been responsible for many human deaths to a rolled up magazine or pellet gun is flatout irresponsible. It may be a useless cartridge in your eyes but there are shooting victums enough who would not agree with you.

Don

Well, Don as you stated you own one....We will take your experiances to be true, as well.
    But you also stated that you don't like it when you don't get agreement.
    We agree to disagree.

You know what you like best.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

At least after you whip the dog you can read the magazine.

No continuted use for the .25 that I can think of.

Oddly, the same rules apply for the pellet gun that apply to the .25, so comparison of danger level is irrelevant. You treat all projectile launchers as dangerous, correct?

You can point your Shooting Times magazine at me all you want but if You get within swatting range of me with it I will be forced to squeel like a little girl and run away.

From what I can tell times have really changed. At one period the Raven .25 was the number one getto gun. It seems to have been replaced by various cheap .380 caliber products that are equally downgraded by all concerned.

Shot convinience store clerks used to be treated and released, now they go to intensive care.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I don't think the debate is whether a .25 ACP can kill. It is whether it is a reliable round to stop someone who is trying to kill you.

The reason that most people stop considering defensive rounds below .38 special is because they generally lack the ability to stop the fight right now.

On the same token I know a lot of people who swear by a .45 and only carry ball ammo. I'd rather have a hot JHP in 9mm or .40. But, that is just me. I carry what comforts ME.

My comments earlier were more directed toward warning shots than the rounds being fired and also the comment that a larger gun can't be carried in hot weather. I carry a SIG p226 every day. Recently a I switched to a 9mm version with a 19 round capacity. Though I carried the same gun in .40 for years before that. I carry IWB at 3 oclock under a t-shirt and most times a light button up. But, I have carried for years with just the tee. The light button up gives you an added cover garment.

Just to clear up my intent and that I wasn't trying to bash Sushidog. The comment followed by LOL was just that an attempt at leavity.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Well, Don as you stated you own one....We will take your experiances to be true, as well.
    But you also stated that you don't like it when you don't get agreement.
    We agree to disagree.

You know what you like best.
    I guess I'm coming off as argumentitive here and I apologize if thats the case. I have no problem with differing opinions. But a gun is a gun and all guns are dangerous weapons regardless of our opinions as to their usefullness. If folks think that the .25 is crap and wouldn't own one I'm fine with that but I have trouble with any gun being described as virtually harmless especially one that has killed people. I won't belabor my point further. As far as I can tell the posters here are experienced enough with guns to understand my point. I'll gladly shut up now.

Don

Funny thing is as a kid I carried a Walther PPK/S .380 IWB and a Raven .25 in my left cowboy boot. South Florida was the murder capitol of the world back then and I ran with the wrong crowds. Thankfully, I never hit anyone with either.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

I guess putting a couple in a sock along with a rock for self defense. I shot one once, hit a Coke bottle at about 10' which was a lucky shot. I knocked the bottle over but didn't break it. Another thought, trade the other one in on a Coke bottle, probably won't cost you much to make up the difference.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.