View Poll Results: Do You Believe In Ghosts ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 52.38%
  • No

10 47.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In Ghosts ?

Banned

Default Do You Believe In Ghosts ?

I keep seeing a commercial for one of those paranormal shows claiming that 1 in 3 People Believe in ghosts,,,,, I find it hard to believe that many , could believe in Ghosts,,, But , just for fun,, I made a poll

(I kept the poll results private. just interested in the numbers really, but fell fee to comment if you wish )
    Last edited by Justin Case; 03-09-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: removed word "nonsense"

It all depends on who and how many you ask.

Banned

No, I do not in any way believe in ghosts or a so called spirit world. The TV shows are OK entertainment, but in the end....nothing has been shown to be definitive on ghosts. Harry Houdini promised his wife that when he died, if there was a way to contact her from the other side, he will find the way. To date, he has not and if anyone would have been able to find a way it would have been him. I would literally have to have a sit down conversation with a ghost in person and caught on media for me to believe even remotely in ghosts.

Banned

I never watch those shows,,,, too silly,,, film a light coming on and people believe it was a ghost just cause the ghost hunters said so,, LOL

I believe in...possibilities. I do not think mankind is now or will likely ever be in a place where they can definitively say 'we do not know it therefore it is not'.

Not that I watch those shows, read spooky stories, or otherwise indulge myself in esotoric fantasies when a far more likely 'fantasy' will require the use of some of these survival skills and preparations that I seek to make for myself and those around me.

Yes. Not because a TV show tells me too, but rather from personal experience.

Well Tomhusker - how about spiriting yourself on over to our introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself. Thanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well, I guess my personal beliefs in certain areas would dictate my opinion on ghosts, which would be an acceptance of their existance. Not a direct belief that they do exist, but I do not doubt the possibility of it.

I don't believe most stories of them, but there are a few I've heard that I don't doubt.

I voted no. I don't believe in a person's soul lingering in an afterlife trying to make connections to the living. But I do believe that there could be evil spirits, read as demons, that try to lead people into thinking such things.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Banned

I edited out the word "nonsense" from my op,, It was a poor choice of words on my part as I am not trying to label anyone ,,, so far its 50/50,,,, interesting

I was going to say that you probably don't have a career as a pollster. Kind of tainting the prospective pool with the way you framed the OP.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I was going to say that you probably don't have a career as a pollster. Kind of tainting the prospective pool with the way you framed the OP.
    I didn't mean to do that,,lol,, i fixed it

Yeah, but even now your wording is "pushing" toward an outcome. And Yes, I realize it's just a fun poll.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Yeah, but even now your wording is "pushing" toward an outcome. And Yes, I realize it's just a fun poll.
    well thats the truth,, i do find it hard to believe.

Banned

I do however believe in the Flying Purple Laughing Bell Hop Monkeys that steal my underwear at night after midnight.......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OhioGrizzLapp View Post
    I do however believe in the Flying Purple Laughing Bell Hop Monkeys that steal my underwear at night after midnight.......
    well YEAH,,, everybody knows about those guys !

Blog Entries

I do not, but there is a certain tea fairy that can empty a cup in the blink of an eye when you're not looking.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Voted yes, 'cause "Most Likely" wasn't an option. Not real sure I like the word "ghost" there, either. BUT, yeah, I'm pretty sure there are "presences" in places, at times, and not just under the Christmas treeses.
    "I'd rather be rich than stupid. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick first." - hossthehermit

I kept trying to vote no but the mouse kept moving to yes all by its self. So, I don't know.

I had an aunt once that talked to them. She'd drink her special tonic water. My dad always said there were spirits in that tonic water. I don't know one way or the other but after three or four glasses of tonic water she'd talk to just about anything.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

People's interpretations vary widely even when observing tangible things, let alone something as ambiguous as ghosts.
    When people read between the lines, interpret events and imagine all sorts of things to suit their needs (and that's just the sane ones), then seeing ghosts is not too far fetched.
    Personally, I have seen no ghosts and ain't afraid of no ghosts.