Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charity "Should" start at HOME !

Banned

Default Charity "Should" start at HOME !

Ya know, I feel bad for the Japanese,, And now there is all this talk about US Aid being organized to be sent to the earthquake victims,,, What about the People HERE in the US ? we have people starving right here that will NEVER see the kind of help "We" are about to send to Japan... Thats BULL SHYT !,,,,,,,,,, sorry, but its just NOT RIGHT !! Homeless People HERE should get that help......... Give AMERICANS food and emergency shelter,,,,,,,,,, Sorry Japan got hammered,,,,, but there are Men, Women and children starving and homeless right here,,,,,, Give them the MRE's and tents,, NOW ! G,,,,, Damnit,,,,,, It pisses me off !!!!

We have the fattest starving people in the world.

I disagree with the OP on so many levels that I won't even bother. It will just cause a food fight.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have no problem with aid to Japan. There are some countries I wish we would put on our ignore list, but that is another story. The people that need aid in Japan were being useful a day ago, the "starving" people here(with their cell phones) probably werent...I'll leave it at that.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Where was the outpouring from the international (or the US for that matter) when we had the floods in TN,etc.?
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Old GI View Post
    Where was the outpouring from the international (or the US for that matter) when we had the floods in TN,etc.?
    Exactly...... Here we go,, (The US) sending a bunch of money to a bunch of people that don't even pay taxes here,,,,,,,, Japan gets PLENTY of US money from sales of cars and electronics,,, Dying people are dying people, no matter what the cause,,,, Here ,, for now, Its a bad economy,,, Families have been displaced and are living in cars,,, Sorry Japan,,,,,,,, but we have our own problems !

There are so many relief agencies here at home that if someone is in need there is usually a place for them to go. Shelters, food pantries, etc. abound in this country. Why should we expect other countries to come to our aid when we are one of the richest countries on the planet? It would be sort of like the king requesting assistance from the peasants because the water got too high in the moat. Ya'll would have a field day with that one. Nope, I don't have a problem sending aid to Japan.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Let us not forget the Illegal Aliens are eligible for more benefits then US citizens as well.
    I know what hunts you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    There are so many relief agencies here at home that if someone is in need there is usually a place for them to go. Shelters, food pantries, etc. abound in this country. Why should we expect other countries to come to our aid when we are one of the richest countries on the planet? It would be sort of like the king requesting assistance from the peasants because the water got too high in the moat. Ya'll would have a field day with that one. Nope, I don't have a problem sending aid to Japan.
    Japan is the 3rd largest economy in the world,,,,,,, Hello !

Sarky - Can you provide a source for that? I'd really like to read something that supports that. It's not a challenge. I've heard that a lot and can't find anything on it.

JC - You're welcome to your opinion. I just don't happen to share it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I believe, if you read closely, the aid being offered is in the area of airlift (helicopters), rescue equipment and personnel, and infrastructure repair. I don't see how we can possibly not assist. Even our country would need assistance like this if we were overwhelmed like they were. The aid being offered is not in the form of food etc.

The comparison to our floods in Tnn etc does not really hold water. Our infrastructure to cope with it on an immediate basis was not compromised.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

If thier nuclear reactors melt down it will not just be thier problem.

JC I just disagree with you, no reason, just my gut feeling.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

We are talking about a country...the size of California.. It will be little effort for us that have lived the good life to help all we can. We are talking a Quake, a Sunami, a Nuclear radio leak. True devastation not an entitlement! Let us pray the turmoil in this old world gives us the opportunity to make a difference.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

In an emergency of such colossal proportions we have to help because that's who we are as a nation and as human beings.
    Now if we want to entertain stopping handouts to countries that don't deserve it like Mexico, I'm willing to listen.

I concur with Benesse. It is one thing to help our global 'neighbors' in a case of dire extremis. It is another thing to give trade concessions and or aid to countries that are abusive in their relationship with us.

Blog Entries

I have to disagree too, JC. No country, including the USA is prepared for a disaster of such magnitude. This is an emergency. If we can't offer aid regardless of where and when, well it's just not moral.
    Offering help to citizens of your own country on a regular basis is totally different.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

And Lord knows we do so on a continuing basis, Winnie. Between Welfare and food stamps and free medical care I think I'm the one being picked on because I pay my way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    And Lord knows we do so on a continuing basis, Winnie. Between Welfare and food stamps and free medical care I think I'm the one being picked on because I pay my way.
    Ditto, Rick. You that old saying, "you can't squeeze blood out of a stone"?, well in my case I'm sure they've found a way.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Banned

Ok Ok,,,,,,,