Thread: Uses of the Mylar Survival Blanket

Default Uses of the Mylar Survival Blanket

Many of us carry a Mylar survival blanket in our PSK's, vehicles, or BOB's. I am very fond of these little devils. In this vid, I cover a few shelter, signaling, and personal protection options. I know there are many more uses for these,but these are the ones I use the most. The real nice thing about these is the cost. Cheap. This make it easy to go out and practice with. Sorry no stills with this one.

Another good tutorial. Thanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks for the video . Good job.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Cool video. Thanks for that.
    Wherefore, let us be thankful that there are still thousands of cool, green nooks beside crystal springs, where the weary soul may hide for a time, away from debts, duns and deviltries, and a while commune with nature in her undress. ~ George W. “Nessmuk” Sears ~

Nice job IA. Appreciate ya.

Good job, Thanks.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Good job. I had to give you a little rep for that.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default Good Video.

Like the way you used a clump of grass. Try to remember that. Used army ponchos about like you did. Ben a long time ago.

Sweetness! I think the mylar poncho would be great in snowy, windy, cold conditions. I've used garbage bags like that many times, but I've never thought of the survival blanket. I'll bet it works much better. I have used it as a lean to though, and I can testify it really keeps your backside warm, especially in windy conditions. Just keep the wind to the back if you can as it will pull the heat of the fire towards you. Unfortunately, it will pull the smoke towards your face too (unless you lay down.)

Chip