Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 year bug out? Anyone prepared?

Rick- Thats my point. I posted the thread. No one made anyone come in here and post smart *** replys. I was looking for friendly conversation. If it wasnt your type of game then you didnt have to play.

The whole message was lost on this board. It had nothing to do with nazis. It was about an enemy force occupying your homeland. I used the nazis because not all people had to go into hiding. So you couldnt trust many of your neighbors.

Sourdough- Your ego is not justified. This is my thread. My little space out in the cosmos. I dont care who you think you are and what youve done. You had no right to bring your negativity to my game.
    And what the hell is " wilderness survival is NOT a game mean"? Should it be a chore? A miserable existance because youre a victim?
    I can go into the woods naked and come out a year later fat and happy wearing skins I tanned myself. The native people of this land didnt consider it a chore to survive. They walked with the spirits of this land and were taken care of by them.
    Grouch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bikerweb View Post
    Rick- Thats my point. I posted the thread. No one made anyone come in here and post smart *** replys. I was looking for friendly conversation. If it wasnt your type of game then you didnt have to play.

The whole message was lost on this board. It had nothing to do with nazis. It was about an enemy force occupying your homeland. I used the nazis because not all people had to go into hiding. So you couldnt trust many of your neighbors.

Sourdough- Your ego is not justified. This is my thread. My little space out in the cosmos. I dont care who you think you are and what youve done. You had no right to bring your negativity to my game.
    And what the hell is " wilderness survival is NOT a game mean"? Should it be a chore? A miserable existance because youre a victim?
    I can go into the woods naked and come out a year later fat and happy wearing skins I tanned myself. The native people of this land didnt consider it a chore to survive. They walked with the spirits of this land and were taken care of by them.
    Grouch.
    Some body got his feelings hurt.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Ohiogrizzgap- You seem to be willing to have an intelligent discussion. Thanks.
    Heres more on my veiwpoint.
    A while back last year I think some marine killed his pregnant girlfriend and Was found surviving in mexico. He evaded capture for a good while. This guy is by no means my hero. Its dispicable what he did. But the scenerio fits. Alone, on the run. Permanantly.
    So, If I had to go on the lam what I would pack is...
    Sleeping bag
    Hammock
    bug net
    tarp
    knife
    Magnesium fire starter
    20ft of fishing line with hook
    .22 takedown rifle
    not sure how many pounds of ammo
    cleaning kit for rifle
    hand crank radio with flashlight
    not sure how many feet of paracord
    any other ideas? So far this is a pretty light setup.
    In a fugitive situation you would need to stay isolated. That greatly reduces your odds. Thats why I went with defiance. In a nazi situation you can find others to work with. Thats a good force multiplier. Eventually the hammock would rip and the sleeping bag would loose its loft. But I think this is so far the best I can come up with.

klkak-No feelings hurt here. Why would there be? I dont know these guys. Dont see them in my everyday life. They are just a set of words on a screen to me.
    I do however wont allow people to just think they can drag mud through my livingroom. That behavior isnt appropriate.

I can go into the woods naked and come out a year later fat and happy wearing skins I tanned myself.
    That's great!
    Just a tip, though: when you hear banjo music, run the other way.

Banned

Please, there shall not be any Naked into the Wilderness pictures.........

Biker, we are all characters here, each of us has our own personality......regardless of ego-centric or completely withdrawn from a conversation except for 1 word. We all bring our personalities to these boards...otherwise, why else would we be here.

Tolerance of characters is another survival tool....if you have an issue with someone because they have an ego or they down play what you say. Throw it back to them in their own realm. I understand where you are coming from. I too was not too happy when someone here that had ZERO right to question my Navy service, decided to tear it apart, for what reason, only to prove he was an idiot. I got over it and went on to write some posts that I hope induced thought.

Yes, it is your thread BUT it is OUR (yours, mine, others good and bad) collective forum.

Take the good with the bad, keep what means something to you and move past those that bother you. Sooner or later, the forum as a whole will walk past those that are spammers, fighters, mal-contents and such....they will come and go with the wind.

All in all, SD's or anyones so called "EGO," is somewhat justified due to experience and living it. Learn from them, look past what you think is EGO and take their knowledge and thrive on it, do not despise it. We are all individuals here.....

In person, I am a crass, rough, gruff miserable curmudgeon with NO sense of political correctness....... On here I can show what a sweetheart I really am.... )

Just IMHO............ * steps back, chews on a sassafrass root and watches the show......

Banned
    Blog Entries

And what the hell is " wilderness survival is NOT a game mean"? Should it be a chore? A miserable existance because you're a victim?
    I can go into the woods naked and come out a year later fat and happy wearing skins I tanned myself. The native people of this land didn't consider it a chore to survive. They walked with the spirits of this land and were taken care of by them.
    Grouch.
    This is all I need to see to know 100% that you are clueless about wilderness survival. Totally and completely clueless. And you don't know crap about native people and what they endured. Your a dumb'arse clueless, Watanabe dreamer.

Now if you don't like that response, I have a tee shirt for you: "If you can't run with the Big Dogs, keep your puppy butt on the porch"
    Last edited by Sourdough; 02-28-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Blog Entries

BW, The questions you ask are the same ones that have been asked a multitude of times here.

There is no such thing as "a survival game" Survival is not a game!
    There is no such thing as "Survival camping" You went camping and forgot your gear
    There is no such thing as "Long term survival" Survival is what you do to get yourself out of a very bad situation as fast as you can.

I for one am about sick of hearing folks apply the word survival to everything.
    survival shirt
    survival hat
    survival tent
    survival knife
    survival gun

It's all a bunch of Cr@p!

If you bug out for a year you haven't bugged out, you moved!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    BW, The questions you ask are the same ones that have been asked a multitude of times here.

There is no such thing as "a survival game" Survival is not a game!
    There is no such thing as "Survival camping" You went camping and forgot your gear
    There is no such thing as "Long term survival" Survival is what you do to get yourself out of a very bad situation as fast as you can.

I for one am about sick of hearing folks apply the word survival to everything.
    survival shirt
    survival hat
    survival tent
    survival knife
    survival gun

It's all a bunch of Cr@p!

If you bug out for a year you haven't bugged out, you moved!
    Ha! I was going to say something similar, but mine was much ruder and I couldn't think of a 13 rated answer at the time!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Banned

Kind of like the word "Tactical" I swear if I see one more tactical water pistol, I am gonna puke....... here is my tactical NAA revolver......

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Sourdough- I got your card now. Angry old man, hiding from people in Alaska. Quick to anger. Fast to make snap judgement of people without taking the time to really get to know them before opening your mouth. Growing up with a father with PTSD and also your uncle would do that. Poor sad little boy. Still paying for your childhood all these years later. If you had taken the time to know me you would have found out your assumption was way off about me.

"This is all I need to see to know 100% that you are clueless about wilderness survival. Totally and completely clueless. And you don't know crap about native people and what they endured. Your a dumb'arse dreamer. "

My qualifications are,
    SERE Training (look it up if you dont know what it is)
    Outdoor guide trained in stone age and primitive cutlure living.
    I spend at least 6 months of the year living outdoors.

So as to your claims of being 100% clueless... Youre wrong. Your people skills are whats detrimental to you own survival in the here and now. You can disagree and go on and on how happy you are and how you have tons of friends. But we both know no matter how surrounded by people you are(which I highly doubt) that youre all alone.

I am not some romantic that sits on the internet and puts down other people. I live this life. Its a game to me because its easy. Its not a big deal to thrive in the wilderness if you know how. The problem is that modern man has lost his connection to the land. We are made of the earth. This is our domain. Its not a drudgery to live in the wilderness for me. Its how I walk with God. These are a few things you too can learn if you spend more time with native peoples.

Now thats all I will give you. Go try and bully someone else. I will no longer respond to you.
    If you want help you can private message me. Some people just need someone to listen. If thats the case Im here for you brother. If not then goodbye.

Banned

Gee, that all went well.... * sighs and swigs some tomato wine........

Breath SD breath... let it out slow and take your trigger off the MOAB.......

Biker, my perfect BOB is a good knife and a spark-lite firestarter.......I do however enjoy my clothes and would scare all the game for 20 miles radius if I went to the wilderness naked and would starve to death while the animals laugh behind the bushes.

Your credentials, although impressive, do not matter. I know many a college folk that cannot find a job at McDonalds. Your questions and responses seem noobish and that is why people are not answering your main post in a serious way. I am new too, but I came to this site with knowledge and experience and I try my best to share it.....not tear it down.

I am curious as I kind of want to take a class in it, your primative skills class, which one was it and do you have a contact for it. My GF calls me a caveman, I might as well get the skills of one LOL
    Last edited by OhioGrizzLapp; 02-28-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bikerweb, For your enjoyment.

The wilderness can change a man............
    There is a real transformation that can metamorphose within a man who is alone in the wilderness. He can exit the wilderness fragile, very fragile, he is no longer sure where that which is himself ends and that which is not himself starts.

Everything is kind of fuzzy, and has a softness about it, all things appear slightly blurred to the eye, like after one has been crying, and it can be hard to distinguish where one object stops and another object starts.

He feels weak and vulnerable, but centered. In fact he is stronger, but the feeling of weakness, and vulnerability comes from the loss of arrogance.

There is a clarity about the perfection of everything. Sounds are crisper, colors are different, there are so many more (new) colors now.

He feels as if he is looking through things and through people, this is a very uncomfortable experience, he tries to focus, but he just looks through everything.

Part of him wants to go back to the way it was, before being alone in the wilderness. But he also enjoys the bliss of how it is now. He wants to weep for no reason, but for the perfection of everything.

He has change, and can not change back to that which he was before, being alone in the wilderness.

I know not of drugs, but being alone in the wilderness, for long periods will change your perception of the universe. The universe is the same, but you have shifted to a place where you can see, with new eyes, a new heart, and a new empathy for all life. You have been born a second time, and are a child of the wilderness.

There was a time long ago, that a man was encouraged to go into the wilderness alone for a extended period, so that he might find wisdom about life. Sad it is discouraged today. Welcome home....welcome home. Home from the wilderness, for he is free to return at any time to your true nature.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 02-28-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Sourdough- I said we were done. I have no time for drama. But we are on common ground now. I will assume that you know what all that meant since you posted it. And if you do then you know the love and connection I have for this earth. I agree wholeheartedly that "being alone in the wilderness, for long periods will change your perception of the universe".
    I can get how easy it is to have that kind of connection with nature and yet be so short with our fellow man. Balance is key. For even imperfect messed up men are part of this earth too.
    Funny how things work out. I started this post to have light fun.
    Ended up talking deep poetry.
    I love the unexpected!

back to that tomatah wine. is that for real? do ya make it yourself? are ya pulling my leg? does it have a bite? if so is the bite from the tomatah or the alcohol?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bikerweb, I don't know how it is on other forums. But here if you start a thread.......You Do NOT own that thread. You can block me so you can't see my posts. But you might enjoy crashing around some of my Blog posts:http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...3751-Sourdough (If not that is OK).

Blog Entries

Biker boy you haven't been here long enough to challenge anyone. I don't care how good you think you are there are others who are better. Sourdough and several others don't live in the Alaska bush because they are running, hiding, showing off or trying to prove anything. They do it because it suits them and they are actually doing it instead of just talking about it on the Internet.

I too was a highly trained military man. I've learned more in the last 15 years living and working in the Alaska bush then the military could have ever taught me.

You are like so many other folks who have log on here and tried to impress everyone with their skills. It is better to come in like a lamb and go out like a lion then to come in like a lion and get your yap slapped in the dirt then leave with your tail between you legs or get banned for being a slow listening, fast talking, bad mouthing "numpty".
    Last edited by klkak; 02-28-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Banned

The tomato wine is very real, this one has a garlic hint to it, almost like a V8 with a butt kick at the end. It is 17% alcohol. I traded a box of 45-70 rounds for 3 gallons. I use it when I have a cold/flu rather than taking nyquil or thera flu...this time I did take a thera flu though only because of how bad it got me in a short time. This stuff is kind of like a Bloody Mary but add a crime scene to go with it. Nuttin like dunken a celerey stalk into this and slipping the noon away propped up on the computer chair here and watching the show.

Banned

Hmmmm I might name this Tomater Elixer "Numpty Wine."

DW and tried bugging out for 2 weeks. Early March....cold.
    Made the desision, and were on the road is 45 min.
    Headed to "The Place", one of the BOL's with it's "preps" and "stuff".

First week went well, second week we were seeing holes in the plan, to be addressed.

You can run this stuff thru your mind, ask your questions, play a game............but still need to just do it.

Question, why just a year?.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27