Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 year bug out? Anyone prepared?

Default 1 year bug out? Anyone prepared?

Most Bob's I see are no longer than 72 hour. Anyone see defiance? The scenerio is you have to bug out permanantly. Go through summer and winter. Keep on the move and lightweight. How would you do this? What would you pack? I havent seen anyone do a Bob for this yet.

Yea. We have the family net work and camper/freeze dried food thingy.

A BOB is just that, buggin' out for around 72 hrs. Then there is the EBOB or extended BOB which can give you a much longer duration. Then there is the INCH which is the "I'm Not Comming Home" kit . You are not likely to carry this on your back. My INCH kit is in a box that I toss in the car. It has extra food, clothes, seeds for my new homestead garden, and tools. I no longer have a BOB as I have upgraded it to an EBOB. With it and no hunting, trapping or foraging I am good for 2 weeks.
    I know what hunts you.

Ok let me clarify what I talking about.
    For those of you who have not seen defiance.
    Your a Jew. Nazis are everywhere. The only option is stay in the woods. Sleep in a different spot every night. Always moving. How long did wwII go on for? Thats a long time.
    You cant buy new socks when they wear out. There is no options but to be completley independant. You must carry on your back everything you need.
    What would you pack.

"Defiance" portrayed a group of people who stuck together and fought together. That's a whole 'nother thing.

Blog Entries

I hope everyone in my neighbor hood decides to "bug out".
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Ok let me start since no one is willing to play.
    Cold weather sleping bag
    Bug net
    hammock

I chose these because in cold weather you need a good warm bag. In summer you can sleep on top of it with the bug screen over you. Ive seen tarp and hammock set ups that work well for this.

Banned
    Blog Entries

OK, I'll Play........a 12' by 23' well insulated cabin, in the center of the Chugach National Forest, with a years food, ten cords of split firewood. Two 17 pound sleeping bags (thats 17# Ea.) 2,000 gallons of fuel, moose, bear, Mt. Goats, Dall Sheep, Caribou on the mountain in the back yard. Two rivers with Salmon and Trout.

Free subsistence hunting license, free subsistence fishing license, a small garden, hundreds of pounds of Nails, a sawmill, two dozers, one smowmachine and a outhouse with no door, four pair of snowshoes, lots of construction tools. A herd of trained attack geese, 17 security cameras, just a few firearms, and just a few cartridges. And No Woman. I made my choice in 1999.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 02-28-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    I no longer have a BOB as I have upgraded it to an EBOB. With it and no hunting, trapping or foraging I am good for 2 weeks.
    In Cali that is just a wait on the freeway after an accident.
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

Sourdough... All of that is useless when the Nazis come and you have to run. play by the rules.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bikerweb View Post
    Sourdough... All of that is useless when the Nazis come and you have to run. play by the rules.
    I don't play by the rules, You play by the rules......Me I CHEAT.
    I am 64 years old and I damn sure ain't bugging out.

My father killed nazis, my uncles killed nazis, and my Uncle Bob was killed by nazis.
    So if you have any nazis in your back pocket, bring the heat.

Banned
    Blog Entries

OK, This is the best I can offer it is from a different thread:

My thinking is, If I at 64 years of age I am going to hump 20 miles a day with an escape and evasion pack of say 45 to 50 pounds I would be inclined to not carry a rifle & pistol both as most revolvers weigh three pounds empty. I feel I would be better served with three more pounds of ammo.

My vision (or Goal) is to be able to exit my cabin with one pack and one firearm, and have NO food resupplied, No human contact for at least six months. With enough fishing gear, the proper firearm, and my 41 years guiding all over Alaska, I feel it is doable, not enjoyable, but doable.

I was thinking of a small takedown .22 to hunt small game. Plus the report would be quieter.

Ok let me start since no one is willing to play.
    Cold weather sleping bag
    Bug net
    hammock

I chose these because in cold weather you need a good warm bag. In summer you can sleep on top of it with the bug screen over you. Ive seen tarp and hammock set ups that work well for this.
    Bikerweb, I hope you've got a better plan for surviving and fighting the "Nazis" then the stuff you listed.
    You're not playing by your own rules to make the scenario remotely credible.

Blog Entries

To answer your question, I do not plan to bug out for a year. being the mean old b*tch I am, I don't play by the rules either.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Seems like alot of ego on here.
    Just wanted to get a fun game going.
    Nevermind.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Nevermind.
    Wilderness Survival is NOT a game.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 03-02-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Banned

I am good for about 3 years or so, after that, I suppose I will need a full time night woman around and about. Til then, I am good alone.

Nevermind.
    Dont take it personal. There have been so many attempts at this same game and they all end the same...there is no right answer. If you want to share some advice, skills or equipment you use that might help others with any kind of long term wilderness survival then we would love to learn.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

I'm not sure why you think there are ego's here just because folks don't fit your mold or won't play your game by your rules.

The reality is a one year bug out is not realistic. You are not going to be carrying a pack and a ton of stuff for a year. Those that lived via the scenario you describe had help or they would not have survived. Not every gentile German was an anti-Semite. Many provided shelter when possible and food and clothing to whatever extent they could. It might have only been a beet or a potato but they did help. And folks were not on the move either. Many lived near rivers in animal burrows that they dug out over time depositing the dirt in the river at night so it would not be seen.

I would go so far as to say it is not possible to live for a year without any type of resupply AND be on the move. It's just not doable.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.