Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool Yard Sale Bargain!

Blog Entries

Cool Cool Yard Sale Bargain!

I found a really cool Military Hydration "Day-Pack" for a buck at a yard-sale today! However since this new #$%@& system won't let me upload any pics I can't show it to you! However it's in the ACU camo and is brand new. If I can ever get this cockamamie thing to upload pics I'll show them!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

That's awesome Sarge!! That's the reason I love yard sales/flea markets.... you find insane bargains sometimes!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Click on the upload link.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Here goes...

It's not working, Rick! I used two different cameras; one uses a lot more bytes than the other. I keep getting something that says "file to big" on that one and "undefined" on the other even though the byte size is smaller. AGGGHHH! I never had this problem under the old system! This sucks!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I had the same problem when I tryed to upload pics earlier today. I ended up uploading my pics to Picasa and then using their Picasa url to get them here.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I sent a note to Chris earlier this week because I do think something changed on picture uploading. You can try to copy the picture from your camera to your PC, resize it, then try to upload. OR...use picasa or photobucket.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Sarge - if you want - email it to me and I'll post it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool 3rd time.

Trying this again: Forget it, I can't get it done! Photo bucket ain't working, the stupid upload link says my URL is way too long! It's always something!
    Last edited by Sarge47; 07-09-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Sarge did you right click on the photo and go to the properties and copy the url from there?
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I think this was what you were trying to post

Sarge you were copying the website adress you need to right click on the photo click on the button that says properties and copy the url from there
    Last edited by Sparky93; 07-09-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Added stuff
    Thomas Paine

Wait scratch that you were copying the HTML thumb....
    Thomas Paine

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Wait scratch that you were copying the HTML thumb....
    So what do I do? This is all new to me!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Ok I think I figured it out how to upload stuff without using Picasa or Photobucket. If you use the go advanced thread reply and click on manage atachments then click on add pictures then click on basic uploader button at the bottom right corner of the add file window then you can select your file and upload it.

Sheww.....
    Did you get all that

Random picture I had on my computer
    amish.jpg

*if you click on the picture it will get bigger*
    *can still do it the way I described using Photobucket in post #10*
    Last edited by Sparky93; 07-09-2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: adding stuff
    Thomas Paine

Sarge - upload your photobucket pictures as a jpeg file, not an html file.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

In Photobucket, if you scroll over your picture with your cursor a drop down box will appear. There are 4 options to choose from. Email and IM, Direct Link, HTML, IMG code. If you click on the IMG code box it will say copied. Just come back to the forum and paste it where ever you want. Then your picture will display.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Rick: When I scroll over the pic nothing happens.

Crash: How?

Sparky: That's what I did at the beginning but it won't take 'em. Also, I don't get anything that says "properties" when I right-click on a photo.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

When you right-click on the photo does a box pop up, if you get a box to pop up the properties button will be at the very bottom of the box. For example if I right click on your avatar a box pops up, at the bottom of the box it says properties, if I click on that box it opens a new box that is titled Properties in this box it says Adress (URL): http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ine=1294890926
    Last edited by Sparky93; 07-09-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Fix spelling
    Thomas Paine

To bad you couldn't have found one in camouflage. Hahaha

I found a med alice, and some foreign surplus bag at the dump one day. I was a happy camper.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

This is the box that should apear once you have right-clicked on the photo. Notice I have circled the properties button in red.
    Sarge.jpg

This is the window that should open once you have clicked on the properties button. Notice I have circled the URL in red.
    Sarge2.jpg

*if you click on the photos thay will get larger*
    Thomas Paine

Blog Entries

Cool Nope!

No, I don't get anything that says "Properties." (?????????????)
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin