Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Survivalists & their "Positive" view of TSHTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    So here's your scenario, it's like the "Stephen King" book without the Satanic bad guy. 90% of the world's population is gone, as is it's infra-structure. Oddly enough, The whole Wolf-Pack has survived as well as the internet, electricity(for now), all utilites. However there is no Law enforcement or military to protect you. What are you going to do? What new threats do you see as lurking on the horizon?
    If everything is still the same and only the humans are affected/gone/displaced...

step 1) food/water/shelter, you know, basics. This should be easy as you will have more than a couple year's worth of supplies you can scavenge from the supermarket (canned, no perishable) and your home with act as a decent enough shelter for the rest of your life. Water will need to be purified as noone is at the wastewater plant cleaning your pond scrapings.
    step 2) Enjoy the freedom. Light a bag of poop on your neighbor's doorstep, steal wings from the Hooters downtown, piss on a police cruiser, set up your rec room in the grandest, most ostentatious courtroom in town.
    step 3) ... profit?

Honestly unless I'm playing in a mineshaft and come up to see the world has reverted back 2000 years, anyone could survive the rest of their days comfortably with the remains of human civilization. Now, change the scenario to 3 generations from teotw and that'll be a fun discussion.

oh,
    step 4) guns. Keep roving rednecks from stealing from my jeep.

I suppose my solution is simpler than most because I'll be a hermit. Sick of people anyway. I'll be like a male bear; solitary, rugged, powerful, seeking others only to mate, then retreating back to my courtroom rec room.
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Mitch, psssst, come here. (whispers) Do you know how many cops are on this forum. Don't want to be peein' on the cruiser. They might just be inside the store looting stuff and then when they come out and catch you with your pants down, where you gonna be? (shakes his head slowly). Got to come up with a new plan.

I'm going to take one day and drill open safe deposit boxes just because I can! Ride through town in a fire engine with the siren blaring and loot the liquor store of all the good stuff. Food? I don't need no sticking food.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hey,is anyone still out there???

Oh, man. Sweet way to go. With twinkie. Thanks!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Oh, man. Sweet way to go. With twinkie. Thanks!
    ah yea well at least you didnt get kicked in the head...,LOL

Yeah, I did and a cut femoral to boot. But I had that twinkie goin' for me. That's why there was a smile on face.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Yeah, I did and a cut femoral to boot. But I had that twinkie goin' for me. That's why there was a smile on face.
    I'd have a smile on my face too if I had a twinkie,LMAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    In James Clavell's books he would do that. 1/4 through the book, just as you were relating to the hero, the hero would die of some accident.

Sorry Rick, Sorry Nell67.......you should be mad at Trax for Bogarding all the Beer.
    Nah..not mad at Trax,he'll share the beer

i love home brewing, if i can get some carrier pigeons into a good exercise regimen i'll send some over to y'all.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    i love home brewing, if i can get some carrier pigeons into a good exercise regimen i'll send some over to y'all.
    Niice!! thanks canid!

died with a twinkie in his mouth ha i knew i liked ya canid that just reenforces it, of course my wife wonder why i'm such a wise acre well maybe i heard it at work and on this forum all the time hhmmm

if the first letter of your form name starts with "A" through "K" you are now unemployed
    hey, that's pretty accurate.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

i read the stard and watched the 4 stand movies lol. i go to my friend tylers house (if hes alredy dead) take his .50BMG , .308 British , a few of his M-15's maby his M-60 or M-4, a few dozen of his .22's , maby 10 or 20 of his pistols, his rocket launcher (he seriousily has a real working one) all his C4 , nitroglycerine , RDX , and nerve gas , a few of his claymores, his grenades , his flamethrower, his night vision goggles (mine suck) his better knives , maby some of his extreme weather cloths , his survival rations , his 4x4 , his armored travel trailer (pulled by the the 4x4) then i go to canadian tire take a generator and some solar panels/inverters, and i rig up a satelite on the trailer so i can get internet from where ever (even if the networks are down you can access the satellites directially if you reprogram your internet protocols) and i pick up some seed (incase i wana start a farm later)

bloody hell that would be fun lol

testing one two three one two three, is thing working hello it seems i'm in the twilight zone how do i get back to reality there fidy cent

Quote Originally Posted by marcraft View Post
    i read the stard and watched the 4 stand movies lol. i go to my friend tylers house (if hes alredy dead) take his .50BMG , .308 British , a few of his M-15's maby his M-60 or M-4, a few dozen of his .22's , maby 10 or 20 of his pistols, his rocket launcher (he seriousily has a real working one) all his C4 , nitroglycerine , RDX , and nerve gas , a few of his claymores, his grenades , his flamethrower, his night vision goggles (mine suck) his better knives , maby some of his extreme weather cloths , his survival rations , his 4x4 , his armored travel trailer (pulled by the the 4x4) then i go to canadian tire take a generator and some solar panels/inverters, and i rig up a satelite on the trailer so i can get internet from where ever (even if the networks are down you can access the satellites directially if you reprogram your internet protocols) and i pick up some seed (incase i wana start a farm later)

bloody hell that would be fun lol
    Dude tell your parents the meds are not working for ya. Don't answer the door it's the Feds do you know what you just confessed to? If you were in the real world you would be in big trouble young man, and Bubba and Leroy in the cell with you will be real and they will not be any more impressed with your fantasies then I am. Congrats on inventing a new caliber 308 British? OK how are you going to start a farm that would involve work , real work not behind a key board, Armored travel trailer, .50 BMG Oh my god you are a funny little guy, Five min at BCT would wreck you.
    Any goverment big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...T Jefferson

You should give up the 420, Marcraft. It's starting to affect your brain.